High Astromancer Solarian

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Worldie » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:17 pm

I don't know how hard they hit, i fully block them with 700 block value.
Last time healers actually went dpsing the priest adds since i was taking no damages at all from adds >_>

We only use one tank for human form, can be me or any prot warrior that else would slack, he just chaintaunts her.

For the portals, depending from where they spawn, you might need to time your first consecration well to get all the mobs. However, its still quite easy.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby YoYoMa » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:44 am

cool thanks Worldie. We'll see how it goes this week
YoYoMa

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:30 am

I frapsed our fight on our first kill after the patch, maybe check it here if it can help you :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby YoYoMa » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:03 am

oh awesome, I can't see it at work but i'll DL it tonight. Thanks a ton!
YoYoMa

Postby Anubisknight » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:42 am

We've killed her just once - our 3rd attempt on her, but we found that collapsing at one point at the portal phase makes things so much easier. The adds just run to the whole group and you dont have to worry about them going anywhere else.
Anubisknight

Postby YoYoMa » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:45 am

bah, sever crash Friday screwed us over. Anyway, great video Worldi! I have but one question since we are going tonight. I've heard from several people to have the group move when the portals pop so that you are pretty much at a point where all adds reach you at the same time. It seems to me that advice is more useful when you have warriors and druids picking up the adds but with concecration, as long as people are grouped up, it doesn't seem like it would be an issue.

I was planning on just keeping the group stationary, waiting till I had all the adds and calling out for AoE. I didn't see the group moving in your vid so I was just wondering what people's take on this was.
YoYoMa

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:11 am

There's no real need to have the whole raid move if you tank them, that's more about the druid/warrior tanks. Since u will anyway spam consecration, just wait until the last group is on you for 2-3 seconds before calling AoE.

I usually save Avenging Wrath for when the portals have shitty positions and 1 group is going to come a lot after the other 2, so i can call for AoE earlier.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:16 am

We still use a warrior/druid AOE taunt rotation and we don't have the raid move at all, everyone just stays grouped up in the middle.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Anubisknight » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:16 am

Having the whole riad together just makes things a whole lot easier - especially if you are attempting it for the first time.

We usually have all our ranged dps and our healers stack up at a single point. The "bomb" just moves away to one of the sides and comes back in after blowing up. At the transition to phase two, melee just moves to the ranged dps/healer group.
Anubisknight

Postby YoYoMa » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:22 am

Yeah we're definitely staying clumped up for the "bomb". I was more just talking about the portal phase. I've seen groups moving their group to be at an equi-distant point between all 3 portals so that adds arrive at the same time. But like I said (and worldie confirmed), it just seems more of a thing to do when you don't have a concrate at your disposal and you need to rely on warrior/druid shouts and stuff that don't tick over time. Thanks for the replies, provided no server crash again we'll have our first go at her tonight :wink:
YoYoMa

Postby YoYoMa » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:16 am

Got our first shot in at Solarian, sadly we only had enough time for 2 pulls but we did manage to get her down to 58% and that was with 14% of her health being healed back from the priests.

we did have a few times where portals were in crappy alignment and I had to wait for a long time to call out AoE since the back groups came in so late. But other than that they are easy.

I did find myself blowing through mana really fast since I was tanking her too and she's not really doing much damage on me specifically from a melee perspective. So just gotta keep those mana pots flowing.
YoYoMa

Previous

Return to Tempest Keep