Remove Advertisements

Is Al'ar bugged in 2.4.3?

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Is Al'ar bugged in 2.4.3?

Postby Firebaerd » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:58 am

The last two weeks, I've been taking alts to TK for some fun and gear. We've had Al'ar on farm for at least a year, but the last 4 nights, he's been giving us fits.

In phase 1, we typically have 3 tanks - warriors on positions 1/3 and 4, and a pally in position 2.

Al'ar moves from position 1 to position 2, and inevitably 5-6 seconds in he drops a buffet. I've asked the tank to wiggle around, move his position on the platform,etc. I've tried it too, just to make sure I'm not losing my sanity (I normally do adds). I too cause buffets. I've replaced the paladin with a bear and a warrior, and in both cases the problem goes away. We're both dwarves, FWIW.

Anyone else run into this miserable behavior? I've seen some notes about it on WoWWiki, but the resolution doesn't really make sense -- we tank right at the edge of the platform, how can we possibly move forward?

Any advice is appreciated.
Firebaerd

Re: Is Al'ar bugged in 2.4.3?

Postby ShaiHulud » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:37 am

Firebaerd wrote:The last two weeks, I've been taking alts to TK for some fun and gear. We've had Al'ar on farm for at least a year, but the last 4 nights, he's been giving us fits.

In phase 1, we typically have 3 tanks - warriors on positions 1/3 and 4, and a pally in position 2.

Al'ar moves from position 1 to position 2, and inevitably 5-6 seconds in he drops a buffet. I've asked the tank to wiggle around, move his position on the platform,etc. I've tried it too, just to make sure I'm not losing my sanity (I normally do adds). I too cause buffets. I've replaced the paladin with a bear and a warrior, and in both cases the problem goes away. We're both dwarves, FWIW.

Anyone else run into this miserable behavior? I've seen some notes about it on WoWWiki, but the resolution doesn't really make sense -- we tank right at the edge of the platform, how can we possibly move forward?

Any advice is appreciated.

I did al'ar last weekend with a pug. He didn't seem too wonky. But Al'ar has always been buggy. Sometimes he doesn't move from a platform but thats all I've really noticed.
^The new WoTLK Main
^Old TBC main
ShaiHulud

Re: Is Al'ar bugged in 2.4.3?

Postby samsara » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:15 am

ShaiHulud wrote:I did al'ar last weekend with a pug. He didn't seem too wonky. But Al'ar has always been buggy. Sometimes he doesn't move from a platform but thats all I've really noticed.

Don't think thats a Bug. The platform change is a random thing. So its posible for him to stay, move to next or fly to the air.
samsara

Postby Ryuusuke » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:03 am

That wouldn't be the intention of the fight.
Its intended he goes from left to right with a relatively static CD. After the fourth base he is ought to fly into the air beginning at base one again.

But as you've mentioned - he has always been buggy and so he'll still be by the time we actually get to fight arthas =)
Just deal with whatever stuff he does, no problems whatsoever.
Ryuusuke

Postby samsara » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:12 am

Ryuusuke wrote:That wouldn't be the intention of the fight.
Its intended he goes from left to right with a relatively static CD. After the fourth base he is ought to fly into the air beginning at base one again.

But as you've mentioned - he has always been buggy and so he'll still be by the time we actually get to fight arthas =)
Just deal with whatever stuff he does, no problems whatsoever.

disagree :D

It would be just too easy if he follows a straight line in base1 then base 2 ... and so on. There are more komplex boss fights in wow, i don't think blizz would have had any problems to fix this if it was a bug.
samsara

Return to Tempest Keep