Remove Advertisements

Does solarian have to be tanked?

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Does solarian have to be tanked?

Postby ldeboer » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:00 pm

We played around with solarian for the first time we got the idea of the conga line and running when you were a bomb.

The only raider to have done it said he didnt have to be tanked he was like aran but what I noticed is he did move around like moving into the conga line yet on vids on net he stays perfectly still.

I have read the solarian thread and wowwiki etc don't make it exactly clear does he have an agro table and so must a melee/tank be number 1 to stop it moving when he decides to melee.
ldeboer

Postby guillex » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:11 pm

Solarian's a female, lol.

And yes, she's tankable. Her aggro table resets when she ports in the other mobs, which should be AoE'd down.

She just likes to spin around and cast things a lot.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby ldeboer » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:14 pm

Trust you to notice that Guillex :)

Thanks I figured "she" must be watching the vids which will make life alot easier next time.
ldeboer

Postby Worldie » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:47 am

She has a regular threat list, but she's actually tauntable, plus might crit clothies for 3k, so it's not really a big deal

In free-loot-phase she acts with regular threat list and still is tauntable so...
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby guillex » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:58 am

ldeboer wrote:Trust you to notice that Guillex :)

Thanks I figured "she" must be watching the vids which will make life alot easier next time.

It's not that hard of a fight.

1) Run away when someone set us up the bomb.
2) AoE down adds when she ports them in.
3) Phase 3 = dps race tank 'n' spank
4) ???
5) Boots of the Resilient! Errrr ... I mean ... Profit!
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Neara » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:33 am

We just let a Feral go in Bear-form in kitty-gear because it was annoying when she ran around but it's not really needed
Neara

Postby Ocin » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:39 am

Is there any reason not to MT her as a tankadin?

We've been running with 4-5 tanks lately, so I don't see much of a reason not to tank her and have her ignore me most of the fight anyway and then simply pick up the non-elite adds when they show up.
Ocin

Postby GothicPL » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:12 pm

Ocin wrote:Is there any reason not to MT her as a tankadin?

We've been running with 4-5 tanks lately, so I don't see much of a reason not to tank her and have her ignore me most of the fight anyway and then simply pick up the non-elite adds when they show up.

I let the warrior tank pick her up when she shows up again with two priests, becuse at that point I'm usually helping the aoe team finish off the little adds. This way, our positioning remains stable and people are not confused where to run when they're "the bomb".

This fight is mostly about position awareness and everyone having SolarianAlarm addon off of curse.com.
GothicPL

Postby Ocin » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:10 pm

GothicPL wrote:
Ocin wrote:Is there any reason not to MT her as a tankadin?

I let the warrior tank pick her up when she shows up again with two priests, becuse at that point I'm usually helping the aoe team finish off the little adds. This way, our positioning remains stable and people are not confused where to run when they're "the bomb".

This fight is mostly about position awareness and everyone having SolarianAlarm addon off of curse.com.

after watching a few videos it does seem best to put a bear on her, so that's what i did. we 2-shot her on our first night trying her with 2 warriors on the priests, myself on the large group of adds, and a bear tanking her.

mana would seem to be the biggest reason not to tank her and the adds...i wouldn't want to be OOM tanking her and then have the group show up. be curious to know if that has worked for anyone.
Ocin

Postby plisken451 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:46 pm

We pulled her for the first time this weekend, and after 5 attempts yelling at idiots that blew up a majority of the raid, the 6th one proved to be the charm. We had a guy blow up that took 4 other guys with him, and our RL went nuts, but I implored everybody to remain calm, and just continue doing their jobs. A short while later, she's in Voidwalker pinata mode, and we win. We let the prot war "tank" her, the two ferals pick up the priests, and I played aoe add tank. And...we learned whom to leave in Shat for the next time.

I don't see how anybody can't beat this empty shell. I did this encounter on my priest back when she was actually hard, and this way is super easy.
ImageRetired

Mirraluun - Asmodian Chanter - Fregion Server - Eated by hackers
plisken451

Postby Heironeous » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:55 am

Just dont be a nub like me. I had dial up for a couple weeks after I moved and the guild made me come anyway. (was a healer then) and I DCed. Which happened a bit. Turns out after I DCed I was target as the bomb. I still aint lived that one down....

And this is why teenage girls shouldn't play WoW...
Heironeous

Return to Tempest Keep