Serpentshrine Cavern - NR/FrR amount?

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Serpentshrine Cavern - NR/FrR amount?

Postby Okita » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:26 pm

My guild is currently doing SSC and is expecting me to tank the adds with NR/FrR gear on. I am able to gather about 195 NR/160 NR together, but this would decrease my defense to about 420. I was wondering if there is any equipment or advice on how you would handle getting the resistance while keeping your defense up as high as possible.
Okita

Postby Nich » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:20 pm

It depends a little on personal preference - you can either grab as much HP and resist gear as possible, or mix resist and def gear.

Being def capped will reduce some spikiness, but higher resist gear will lower overall damage.

After grabbing all of the crafted plate, and rings/neck/cloak, I stacked stam and spell damage, rather than defense. I think I sit around 170 NR and FrR, ~11k HP, and my Def may be around 420-ish?
Nich

Postby Trevize » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:38 pm

I did the max hp's and resist gear strat and converted our other druid off tank to do the same.

On our first kill our other off tank couldnt make it so we had a warrior in full tank gear off tank. While he did take lots of spike dmg, we killed him so /shrug.

My experience has showed that even with low low defense, I do not get crit often and even if i do, it isn't for enough to kill me. I am at 300/300 FrR/NR with 15k hitpoints raid buffed. It is basically the crafted epics/blues filled in with resist greens. Works great for me but as stated by Nich it is personal preference.

Just make sure your raid leader knows you will take alot of dmg from the adds. Also, tell your assigned healer to be prepared. Many times they just are not ready and you die.
Trevize

Postby Okita » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:02 pm

Any advice on any of the crafted resistances I can try to get?
Okita

Postby Trevize » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:20 pm

Epic FrR from Violet Eye and Epic NR from CE. Epic Rings from the same plus necks. Just mix and match those.

Go to the AH....click "Armor" and search "protection" Only resist gear will show up. Remember that the type of armor means nothing so get cloth if u need to...just stack it up.
Trevize

hey

Postby Mavrix » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:16 pm

I had asked this question a while back. Here's the link that Thels provided for me to look at the crafted pieces and some other gear that might help you out.

http://www.wowhead.com/?items=4&filter= ... v=0:0;ma=1

edit: here's the link to the original thread (it sank to page 2 in the "gear" forum, so it is sort of hard to find)
http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... .php?t=708
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Postby Prepared » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:26 am

One neat trick is to have two shields, one for each phase, and switch them out as necessary. Small boost to an already daunting task!
"Judgement day's not coming soon enough."

Defense < 490 = Healing gear or Hydross gear.
Prepared

Postby Eliane » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:33 am

I just got Wildguard Helm, Wildguard Leggins and Iceguard Breastplate crafted. This pus enchants, a neck, rings and a pair of green gloves gives me 150nr and 146fr unbuffed while still being uncrittable.

Tonight I get to try it out :D
Eliane

Postby Lore » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:35 am

Eliane wrote:I just got Wildguard Helm, Wildguard Leggins and Iceguard Breastplate crafted. This pus enchants, a neck, rings and a pair of green gloves gives me 150nr and 146fr unbuffed while still being uncrittable.

Tonight I get to try it out :D

That's plenty, you'll do nicely.
Lore
Global Mod

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern