291 FR Tank Hydross!

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

291 FR Tank Hydross!

Postby Brickhouse » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:58 pm

I tanked this dude today, Hydross, with 291 Frost Resistance. =) All AH greens, with one blue AH belt, Frost Aura + Chromatic Resist Flask.

Ideally, I would like to have 365+ resist, but what can you do? My defense is like around 440 or so...=(

It went pretty easily.

I hope to up my gear before next week, and I am not really bragging, all our guild healers are fully epic geared, and skilled.

Our normal Frost Tank warrior is on vacation or something, so I had to fill in.

Just letting you guys know that it is possible. We wiped 1x, on the first pull, since i really didn't know what i was doing =) But, second time was flawless.
Brickhouse

Postby Averroes » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:39 am

Averroes

Postby Brickhouse » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:05 am

I know. =)

But, as you also know, these threads are convoluted with any of numerous topics relating to Adds, NR gear, FR gear, Crush, non-crush, so on and so forth.

I was just starting this thread as a simple, 300+ Greens CAN suffice for a paladin tank for Hydross main tanking. Ideally, 365+ would be ideal, also with +490 defense. But, it is easily possible with less - WITH a good group. Like I always say, everything is relative. =)
Brickhouse

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern