Trash in Eye and ssc

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Trash in Eye and ssc

Postby Gimnus » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:55 am

can you guy tell me how good it wood bee to aoe tank some of the trash in eye or ssc. where can it bee done, and is it bether to aoe tank them?

like in beging of eye, how many of thos can bee aoe tank whit no problem?

or the 5 trash trash pull you need to do befor lukker. can it bee tank there and how will they bee kill best
Gimnus

Postby ulushnar » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:58 am

Your spelling hurts my brain.

In general, I don't AoE tank many mobs in SSC or TK, except for some ones that seem specifically designed for the purpose (the engineers after Hydross, the dragonhawks before Al'ar and the non-elites before Solarian.)

Simply put a lot of the mobs have nasty abilities and aggro resets which will gib clothies if they're allowed to roam free. And whilst I could possibly AoE tank the rest, since I normally have 3-4 tank-capable people in the raid with me, I might as well give them something to do. Teamwork > AoEgo.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Dorvan » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:17 am

Aside from the ones Ulushnar mentioned, the one set of tras that I AoE tanked in SSC/TK was the murloc trash leading to Morogrim. Just make sure your DPS single target kills the depth-seers first, as their tranquility will make AoE dps pointless.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby ulushnar » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:18 am

Dorvan wrote:Aside from the ones Ulushnar mentioned, the one set of tras that I AoE tanked in SSC/TK was the murloc trash leading to Morogrim. Just make sure your DPS single target kills the depth-seers first, as their tranquility will make AoE dps pointless.

The only thing to watch out for there is the Warriors who seem to reset aggro and go after casters a lot.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Dorvan » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:32 am

Ulushnar wrote:The only thing to watch out for there is the Warriors who seem to reset aggro and go after casters a lot.

Yeah, on those pulls I would just stand in one pace and cast RD on those guys as I noticed them while the other tanks were dragging others back into the AoE.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby jere » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:33 am

Things I typically AoE tank:

SSC:
Fathom Witches (only 2x)
Murloc trash (6x)
Skulker + Shieldbearer (2-3x)
Sporebats (2x)

TK:
legionare+vindicator (2-3x)
phoenixhawk hatchlings (6x I think)
phoenixhawks x2 (I know, supposed to do one at a time, but accidental body pulls ftl)
Solarian Trash pulls (12x I think)

The list isn't long and some of it doesn't need to be AoE tanked, but it is the way we roll sometimes depending on raid composition and how drunk everyone is.
jere

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern