Remove Advertisements

Morogrim's Murlocs

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby bubblecannon » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:13 pm

QuantumDelta wrote:Really, do the healing agro bit yourself.

Yep if we're down on healers I do it that way, but with only 750 +heal (when I switch weapons I find it pretty challenging out threating our AoE healers (and it chews with my mana to pieces). If I ask the healers to minimise healing they seem to have issues keeping the tank up reliably (and/or we lose clothies from entering tombs on half health)

WTT the 0.5 innate pally healing threat reduction talent into a 21 pt ability rolled into illumination.

The strat we use solves all the problems and works a treat.
bubblecannon

Postby QuantumDelta » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:45 pm

spriest to save your mana
and use a feral or another paladin on morogrim....don't use a war, please, god kills kittens, think of the kittens :<

If the healers do hold back on raid healing until the northern murlocs pass them (there's no extra raid dmg occuring right?) you can easily handle it.
Atop that: you can sit between the tombs and catch anyone that gets tele'd on low hp
QuantumDelta

Postby Oriax » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:47 am

I was in in on this fight for the first time last night, 2 tries and we got him :)

First try I tried (after reading this thread the night before), to throw heals to a lock that had lifetapped, but even with 3 HL's I didn't get any aggro. Think alot of the healers was still shooting off pretty much, and ofc the murlocs went straight for them and we wiped.

2nd try we had a shaman stand at the left pillar and getting aggro when they came. I was standing beside him, dropping a Concecration towards one pack, turning and throwing shield at the other and then targetting the shaman and RD'ing while at the same time mages frostnova'd (abit to trigger happy and eager to blow AoE). I managed to take aggro over quite well, just spamming Conse. Was it not enough I was ready to BoP the shaman which happened on one pack. Took more dmg than I had first imagined, dropping me to about 1/2-1/3 hp (~19k+ buffed) rather fast.
I used a Flask of Supreme and Wizard Oil so ~500spelldmg.

All in all went smooth as hell and he dropped like a fly after rinse & repeat with that tac :)

Afterwards it was ofc aaaall thx to the dps'ers/mages using Frostnova-rotation that made the murlocs stand still, would be ridicoulus ofc if I had anything to do with keeping them gathered -.- Anyway cba to get into discussion and I'll let them believe what they want, biggest importance is that the tac worked and Moro went down !

We had a warr tanking Moro on all tries.
Oriax

Postby Questioner » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:15 am

bubblecannon wrote:I find it pretty challenging out threating our AoE healers.

This is there fault and not yours. There is no reason to heal the raid up while the murlocs are coming out. They should not aoe heal until you call for aoe on the murlocs. Everyone should be ONLY on the main tank until then.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby Rasmfrackn » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:08 am

Thanks guys. Makes a lot of sense. Now, when we get alar down pat and can do 3/4 TK in one night, I'll actually be able to use this knowledge. :)
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby Faylinn » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:36 pm

I read through most of the thread, some of it makes sense. the part I am shaky on is the heal agro thing.

My guild attempted it last night w/o reading this info first, as he was not scheduled until next week.

We had issues with the south murlocs going after ppl in the graves first. will the agro form the heals prevent this? Is the agro range that large?

We attempted it with a holy pally standing by the north entrance, and me at the south, then dragged them up to the boss. the problem was by the time we got them in place, and downed, then next earthquake was incomming.
Bouncelot 60 Human Paladin - StormScale
Faylinn

Postby jere » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:25 pm

Faylinn wrote:I read through most of the thread, some of it makes sense. the part I am shaky on is the heal agro thing.

My guild attempted it last night w/o reading this info first, as he was not scheduled until next week.

We had issues with the south murlocs going after ppl in the graves first. will the agro form the heals prevent this? Is the agro range that large?

We attempted it with a holy pally standing by the north entrance, and me at the south, then dragged them up to the boss. the problem was by the time we got them in place, and downed, then next earthquake was incomming.

For the purposes of that fight your healing threat will reach all the murlocs regardless of their range. Being at range, you need to do 130% threat of the person they are currently targetting, but that typically isn't hard to do. If grave people were getting aggro, then either they were buffing themselves, bandaging/healing themselves, healing others, or being healed by LB, PoM, etc (heals that give aggro to the one being healed rather than the healer).

If your pocket warlock has BoL, Amp. Magic, and Fel Armor AND your healers refrain from AoE type heaing during the murlocs (as well as PoM sometimes), then you shouldn't have trouble getting healing aggro over them as long as everyone has salv except for you and the tidewalker tank.
jere

Postby Korath » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:28 am

Guilds 1st time doing Moro last night and we got him on 2nd attempt :D

Pet Warlock and me getting 2 or 3 heals off seemed to work quite well, we had everyone (minus tank) in the raid sitting on top of me, just behind the boss so AOE hit him aswell.

2 Resto shammys had to be battle rezzed a total of 5 times before they understood that they shouldnt be healing when murlocs are incoming. Also annoying thing was when someone healed my pet warlock when murlocs are incoming!

next time should be a bit smoother.

.::. Karak 70 Resto Shaman .::.
.::. Sajuuk 70 Destro Warlock .::.
.::. Bentusi 60 Ret Paladin .::.
Korath

Postby Malnx » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:15 am

My guild tried morogrim last nite for the first time. 2 attempts in . got him to 55% on the second try, but we started late and people got tired so we called it.

My problem seems to be the heal the warlock trick, doesnt work us. Our healers WONT stop healing full time all the time so thats a no go.

We tried all piling right behind Morogrim ( practically on his ass ) while our druid tank faced him away from the raid. Since we were all stacked i just concecrated when the murlocks got near, and the mages would frost nova them and we'd aoe them down.

However the problem i see with this is, since my healers WONT stop healing every time the murlocks come, at least one dies from healing aggro before my concecrate ticks and then they are all on me with no problem. Since this is an endurance fight, of course thats a bad thing.

The other problem we seem to be having is i amost ALWAYS get watery graved at the worst time possible. Just before i pick up the murlocks, just after i pick them up and they start to rape the group when im not there.

I might suggest having our warrior tank OT a second group and see how that goes. Not because i cant handle all the adds, but to keep them off our healers. See how that goes. If not i might try the adds near the water thing to Outrange the watery grave i t hink that would work for us alot better.

Anyone else have any suggestions ?
Malnx

Postby Warrender » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:46 am

Malnx wrote:Anyone else have any suggestions ?

Get better healers?
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby ulushnar » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:49 am

Warrender wrote:
Malnx wrote:Anyone else have any suggestions ?

Get better healers?

This. If your healers can't switch to low-aggro heals for about 7 secs, then there's something wrong. It should only take 3 max-rank Holy Lights to get those Murlocs on you tight.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Korath » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:20 am

Without healers cutting back on the healing the tankadin tactic wont work so you might aswell give up.

We had to shout at ours a few times, after they died alot they got the idea (eventually)

.::. Karak 70 Resto Shaman .::.
.::. Sajuuk 70 Destro Warlock .::.
.::. Bentusi 60 Ret Paladin .::.
Korath

Postby easttuth » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:13 am

We run a tankadin on all encounters, and here's what we do for Morogrim:

Tankadin AS's 3 Murlocs coming in, tankadin and two healadins (with RF up) all consecrate, tankadin taunts 3 murlocs off of a healadin. Tankadin has 6-8ish murlocs, healadins split the other 6-8ish. We don't stop heals at all, in fact I'm a resto sham spamming CH rank 4 (with 10% spell haste) to heal up the AE dmg while murlocs are incoming and I easily take a few hits before they get peeled off (and they do) by the +800 spell damage consecrates.

It's the real squishies that don't want to get hit. Tell your shield-wielding healers to grow some balls and heal themselves through a few hits.
easttuth

Postby bighammar » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:46 pm

i've actually been moved off tanking for this fight. i maintank Leotheras and ended up accidentally maintanking Fathom Lord for our first progression kill, so it's hardly an issue of me being able to tank it.

the biggest problem was outputting enough threat quickly enough, and having the mana pool necessary for successive waves of murlocs even in aoe-tanking/max threat gear. what's the best way of dealing with this? slotting in some of my (mostly kara or pre-kara, some ssc/tk) healing gear that has int and +healing?
------
a sometimes genius
bighammar

Postby Equitas » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:58 pm

Were lucky to have 2 warrior MTs 1 Druid and 2 Prot paladins in our guild, for morogrim i and my other tank paladin split up one goes north the other goes south.

Hunter can use frost traps here to help guide them through your consecrate.
The North tunnel is very easy, watch for the earthquake, stand in the begging of the tunnel drop consecrate, you will learn to time this awesomely as you progress through morogim, i have about 400 spelldmg on this and its usually enough, i get up to 550 if i want to but loosing avoidance / stam etc in the process, just keep 490 defense and thats good.
Anyways

North Tunnel:
1) Watch timer
2) Drop consecrate
3) Go on distance
4) Watch out for the murlocs NOT aggroing you because of consecrate and Avenger shield their ass. Theyre easily splittable if you move a little bit right/left of your consecrate and then throw shield guaranteeing you to hit all three.
5) Pop holy shield and move them towards morogrim.
6) Consecrate call out for aoe
7) dead murlocs

South Tunnel:

1) You absolutely have to be inside the tunnel or at least on the edge of the tunnel, Murloc behaviour here is very erratic and sometimes 1 of them still runs into the raid then comes running back to me which is so wierd....
2) Drop Consecrate on the ledge and move to the right slightly backwards.
3) Three murlocs are GUARANTEED to run past you, immediately AS them. I Noticed that most of the time they will (if you look at the tunnel) run left past you and not straight through you. Be aware here
4) holy shield on,
5) Pull to morogrim,
6) Consecrate & Call for AOE

If youre tanks and you are good at this, then even if you get a watergrave murlocs will be on your ass following you to the grave, make sure you say your in a watergrave and that your the murloc tank and will need a little bit of extra healing, Usually a resto druid keeps me up alone.

We got morogrim to 22% today on our second try today, healers had huge problems coping with raid healing after an earthquake and everything seemed to be a little erratic.

We also didnt use the pull to morogrim strategy but killed them directly where they came from, so a little bit of dmg was missing on morogrim.

Anyways this strategy works and its epic win.

Edit: About Taunting them, taunt does NOT seem to work on the murlocs even though they have a healer as a target you cant taunt, this is why the described consecrate->move-> captain america disc tactic is so efficient.
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

PreviousNext

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern