Remove Advertisements

Morogrim's Murlocs

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby NarfJones » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:12 pm

NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby jere » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:15 pm

bighammar wrote:i've actually been moved off tanking for this fight. i maintank Leotheras and ended up accidentally maintanking Fathom Lord for our first progression kill, so it's hardly an issue of me being able to tank it.

the biggest problem was outputting enough threat quickly enough, and having the mana pool necessary for successive waves of murlocs even in aoe-tanking/max threat gear. what's the best way of dealing with this? slotting in some of my (mostly kara or pre-kara, some ssc/tk) healing gear that has int and +healing?

Best way I have had success with:

1. Have a warlock with BoL, Amp. Magic, and Fel Armor that you can spam heal. Everyone but you and MT have BoSalv on.

2. Toss 3 Holy Lights on him right after an earthquake

3. Lay down Consecrate

4. Profit.

If you still have trouble:

1. Tell priests not to use PoM (they'll cry)
2. Tell druids not to use LB during the murlocs
3. Instruct healers not to heal the raid until you have the murlocs (doesn't apply to MT or grave healers obviously)

Go full spell dmg / BV gear. I usually have 500-600 spell dmg with Flask of Supreme Power, Wiz Oil, and spell dmg food. Also, use the libram with +dmg to consecration. My block value hovers between 350-430 depending on what I bring that night. It would be higher, but I favor spell dmg over BV for this fight.
jere

Postby spiky_porcupine » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:39 pm

Just some tip for people on Murlocs without using the healing trick since that just didn't work for me and I hate to tell my healers to not heal.

My guild always have 2-3 hunters in the raid, so I tell one to put frost trap north side and another at south side. TW is tanked at the entrance of the north tunnel. So when murlocs come, I consecrate in the frost trap and they'll stick to me, then run to south side and consecrate again there and they'll stick after about 3-4 ticks. Then pull to TW and call for AoE. Thing to make sure is to consecrate inside the frost trap for more ticks or it's trouble. I've done it a few times successfully by myself as long as the raid members stay between the two frost traps.

My spell damage was about 450 buffed in regular tanking gear, so you don't really need anything dramatic really, just frost trap to really help you.
Spikybunny:
Level 70 Draenai Protection Paladin
Spirestone
spiky_porcupine

Postby twitch » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:30 pm

Is the Petrified Lichen Guard viable for this? Or should i stick to my tanking shield?
twitch

Postby Dorvan » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:52 pm

twitch wrote:Is the Petrified Lichen Guard viable for this? Or should i stick to my tanking shield?

The amount of damage added by a PLG is going to be insignificant compared to the damage your AoE'ers are putting out. If you want a more threat-oriented option, use the spell damage shield off of Nightbane, that way you're not sacrificing a bunch of armor either.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby twitch » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:01 am

Dorvan wrote:
twitch wrote:Is the Petrified Lichen Guard viable for this? Or should i stick to my tanking shield?

The amount of damage added by a PLG is going to be insignificant compared to the damage your AoE'ers are putting out. If you want a more threat-oriented option, use the spell damage shield off of Nightbane, that way you're not sacrificing a bunch of armor either.

Kk :)

Thanks for the feedback
twitch

Postby Dehn » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:15 am

Dorvan wrote:The amount of damage added by a PLG is going to be insignificant compared to the damage your AoE'ers are putting out. If you want a more threat-oriented option, use the spell damage shield off of Nightbane, that way you're not sacrificing a bunch of armor either.

Thats the shield I use when tanking murlocs :) and it also LOOKS cool.
Dehn

Postby Beltaine » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:40 am

We just couldn't pull off everyone not healing long enough for me to pick up Murloc aggro.

So, we just put everyone right behind Moro in a pile. I stand right under him and when the Murlocs come they eat Consecrate and end up on me. We got him to 22% on our last attempt, some of our healers didn't come back into the pile after being graved, and the murlocs ran after them, away from the consecrate, so it didn't end well.

This feels like the least skilled way to do this, though, but I'm just doing what the raid leader tells me. :P
<insert armory sig here>
<witty comment here>
Beltaine

Postby Exalt » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:57 am

Beltaine wrote:We just couldn't pull off everyone not healing long enough for me to pick up Murloc aggro.

So, we just put everyone right behind Moro in a pile. I stand right under him and when the Murlocs come they eat Consecrate and end up on me. We got him to 22% on our last attempt, some of our healers didn't come back into the pile after being graved, and the murlocs ran after them, away from the consecrate, so it didn't end well.

This feels like the least skilled way to do this, though, but I'm just doing what the raid leader tells me. :P

I just did this fight for the first time (actually it was a first for the whole raid team) on Monday, and we downed him on the 3rd attempt.

Tank tanked him near the top of the ramp. I was off to the side, about halfway between each of the entrances (where the murlocs spawn) on either side of the room, but just over 40yds away from the MT, so that I wouldn't get graved (happened twice on our first attempt.)

Had a warlock who would spam life-tap from just after the earthquake hit until the adds were on me. I was the only one healing him. Had time for 3-4 Big heals before the murlocs would be on me.

The healers would focus only on the MT once the earthquake hit (everyone else would bandage) and would only use low-threat heals. Once the murlocs were on me, they'd open up and throw big heals on the MT and renews on the rest of the raid.

Had one priest doing double duty healing me and helping to heal those who got graved.

3 Locks who were between me and Tidewalker would turn around and tab-target seed of corruption every add, and then go back to tidewalker to refresh dots and get a shadowbolt or two in before repeating the process.

On the third attempt I literally yelled out "bullshit! No way!" over vent when the MT called out "Execute range" ... it was that fast.

Very, very nice strat.

EDIT: This vid gives a solid idea of how we did it (it's not us). Our positioning is slightly different, but close enough.

http://www.stage6.com/user/SoaDShavo56/ ... Tidewalker
Exalt - 70 - Argent Dawn

Exalt

Postby Warrender » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:04 am

Exalt wrote:http://www.stage6.com/user/SoaDShavo56/video/1560259/Dark-Legacy-vs-Morogrim-Tidewalker

Better view that video quickly if you're the least bit interested in it. Stage6 is going out of the hosting business at the end of the month.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Exalt » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:05 am

Warrender wrote:
Exalt wrote:http://www.stage6.com/user/SoaDShavo56/video/1560259/Dark-Legacy-vs-Morogrim-Tidewalker

Better view that video quickly if you're the least bit interested in it. Stage6 is going out of the hosting business at the end of the month.

/gasp
Exalt - 70 - Argent Dawn

Exalt

Postby twitch » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:30 pm

Got the dance down and after 5 attempts we got Morogrim down.

2 attempts failed because the murlocs would spawn, id get them then they would be frost nova'd and i would get water grave. It killed a lot of AoE.

I got the ring :D
twitch

Previous

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern