Tidewalker - Graves.

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Dorvan » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:37 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:Stop making me the bad guy!


bwahaha :twisted:
Image

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
User avatar
Dorvan
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8462
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:28 pm

Postby heskech » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:39 am

What do you do about the MT once the Murlocs start running in? Doesn't the MT need to be continuously healed since he'll be taking damage from Morogrim?

If the Pally Murloc tank is healing the Life Tap Warlock (2x Holy Lights) and everyone else stops damage/healing, doesn't that leave the MT vulnerable?

We're about to start Morogrim on Wednesday and I don't yet understand all the mechanics of this fight. This info so far has been extremely useful.

Thanks.
heskech
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:54 pm

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:01 am

The healers on the MT continue healing.

The theory is that your holy lights on the BoL/Demon Armor'ed warlock + Righteous Fury will generate threat that far outstrips the healing done by the salv'ed MT healers.
Image
User avatar
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 5130
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:58 pm

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:13 pm

Here's another thought.

Why don't I just tank everything?

I full block the murlocks anyway, and I have over a thousand more HP than our warrior tank.

Does anyone do it this way?
Image
User avatar
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 5130
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:58 pm

Postby Dorvan » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:28 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:Here's another thought.

Why don't I just tank everything?

I full block the murlocks anyway, and I have over a thousand more HP than our warrior tank.

Does anyone do it this way?


Can you full block murlocs in your stam gear? Morogrim MT'ing is a stam fight, and while I can full block murlocs in my block set, I'm only blocking for about 450 in my stam set. Plus there's the fact that the Murlocs will chew through your Holy Shield, opening you up to crushing blows. It's a nifty idea, but I wouldn't try it until you heavily outgear the encounter (at which point, why would you ever want to go back to SSC again? ;)).
Image

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
User avatar
Dorvan
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8462
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:28 pm

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:55 pm

Well, I've spent probably 400 badges since 2.3, so I'm pretty much done with gear at the guild's progression level. The guild itself is, as of Sunday, 4/6 SSC and 3/4 TK. (we were 3/4 TK when we were 1/6 SSC ><)

There's a ring (tidewalker) and a neck (kael'thas) that I want. And bracers (VR), which we've never seen. Other than that, I'm there for the lols.

In my stam set I'm 533 BV / 16k base hp / 23% block. I can swap out a card trinket for the autoblocker for 609 BV.

I guess the trick would be rounding up the south wave.

Hmmm.
Image
User avatar
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 5130
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:58 pm

Postby Dorvan » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:10 pm

Yeah, I thought about the problem of rounding up the south group as well, but I didn't mention it because the crushability you'll have while taning the murlocs combined with the fact the the murlocs will still be contributing some damage to you disqualifies this idea from serious consideration imo (though I'd say it's fair game for the next edition of Tankadin Challenge! ;))
Image

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
User avatar
Dorvan
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8462
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:28 pm

Postby Kellann » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:47 pm

Not that it's likely the brightest of ideas, but I imagine you could tackle the ridiculously high number of blocks via a block rating activation trinket (provided cooldown works, or maybe 2 of them) so that you'd still be uncrushable for at least the majority of the time the murlocks are active.

Rounding up the southern group would be trickier...but then it's just about positioning the wild shadowpriests & high threat healers in such a way that the pathing forces them thru the consecrate.

Be worthy of a video if managed though :)
Kellann - Uther
Kellann
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:41 am

Postby Crusherus » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:47 am

heskech wrote:What do you do about the MT once the Murlocs start running in? Doesn't the MT need to be continuously healed since he'll be taking damage from Morogrim?

If the Pally Murloc tank is healing the Life Tap Warlock (2x Holy Lights) and everyone else stops damage/healing, doesn't that leave the MT vulnerable?

We're about to start Morogrim on Wednesday and I don't yet understand all the mechanics of this fight. This info so far has been extremely useful.

Thanks.


I was standing at the graves. I casted 2 full rank holy lights on the our lifetap warlock, then dropped concecrate. I had about +350 spell damage/healing and didn't need to bother switching my healing mace/shield/libram. The only thing I asked of the healers was to stay away from group heals until I called for AoE on the murlocs. That meant no chain healing, prayer of healing or circle of healing. Also, earthshield and PoM was placed on me instead of the MT at that time. Worked like a charm. At no point in this fight should anyone stop healing the MT. He takes boatloads of damage.
Dragonmaw - US
Image
Image
Image
Crusherus
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:41 am

Re: Tidewalker - Graves.

Postby Noradin » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:49 am

fuzzygeek wrote:Would you mind linking the videos that deal with removing randomness from the watery grave?


I'm a bit late but maybe there are others looking for such a video in future, too:

http://www.netropolis.ch/include.php?pa ... tentid=328
http://www.netropolis.ch/include.php?pa ... tentid=329

(Btw this vidoe shows the week point of this strat: Stupid Healers using Healbot to top off everything for the sake of their epeen -.-
There is a lock that is the protpaldins personal pet for this fight, if a random healer tops him off the second the earthquake hits in phase 2 he might wipe the raid.)
ImageImage
Noradin
 
Posts: 942
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:00 am

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:54 am

Oh, followup:

I run around a lot. When graves are inc, I GTFO. Then when equake is inc I run back in, drop a cons on the MT, and pull back into the raid and pick up the second group or murlocs. Last week's kill was retardedly easy and controlled.

Thanks for the input, all.
Image
User avatar
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 5130
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:58 pm

Re: Tidewalker - Graves.

Postby Crusherus » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:29 am

Noradin wrote:(Btw this vidoe shows the week point of this strat: Stupid Healers using Healbot to top off everything for the sake of their epeen -.-
There is a lock that is the protpaldins personal pet for this fight, if a random healer tops him off the second the earthquake hits in phase 2 he might wipe the raid.)


Been there, done that, gave shit to the healer after the wipe. All is better now 8).
Dragonmaw - US
Image
Image
Image
Crusherus
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:41 am

Postby jere » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:00 pm

I have more problems out of druids coming over and casting rejuv/lifeblooms on my warlock than anything...makes me want to slap people sometimes.
Image
User avatar
jere
 
Posts: 2960
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:12 pm

Postby jere » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:54 pm

I know that this is a bit of a necro, but wanted to say that I have practiced the strategy laid out in this thread with pretty good success.

The video is kinda boring, but this is a recording of our last takedown of him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi9s_z9pNTk

I am also not good with movie making, so it is pretty poor quality. I apologize ahead of time for that.

Anyway, just wanted to say that outranging the graves does indeed work well, and almost trivializes the encounter.

In the video you can see a couple mistakes, like a hunter lays out a fire trap instead of the slowing one, and a druid casts tranquility when the murlocs come at one point, but it all ended up well.
Image
User avatar
jere
 
Posts: 2960
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:12 pm

Postby Dianora » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:09 pm

jere wrote:I know that this is a bit of a necro, but wanted to say that I have practiced the strategy laid out in this thread with pretty good success.

The video is kinda boring, but this is a recording of our last takedown of him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi9s_z9pNTk

I am also not good with movie making, so it is pretty poor quality. I apologize ahead of time for that.

Anyway, just wanted to say that outranging the graves does indeed work well, and almost trivializes the encounter.

In the video you can see a couple mistakes, like a hunter lays out a fire trap instead of the slowing one, and a druid casts tranquility when the murlocs come at one point, but it all ended up well.


Probably because our guild now has 2 protection paladin, but we actually uses an slightly alternative strat.

We do not tank Tidewalker on the mouth of the tunnel to FLK. Instead, we tank him just up the ramp on the eastern wall. We use a grand total of 2 protection Paladin and 2 mages for murloc collection. (The rest of the raid stand just above the ramp. This makes elimates the watery grave healer, since the raid healers will be in range to heal them.

Both sets of paladin/mage stand well clear of watery grave range. I personally stand just at the base of the water fall, I think our other paladin stand inside the tunnel.

When the murloc comes in, I shield the lead murloc and consecrate the murloc as the mage frost nova them in place. After I run into the raid with the murloc in tow, the cooldown should be up for both holy shield and 2nd consecration. And the AoE finished them up. After that consecration, there shouldn't be any murloc left.

With this methos, once the raid got the hang of it, the DPS and raid healer can go balls to the wall without worrying about pulling murloc, since we controlled them rather well.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dianora
 
Posts: 1831
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:57 am
Location: Los Angeles

PreviousNext

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest