Remove Advertisements

Leotherass Demon phase tanking

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Mordinm » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:37 am

2ndNin wrote:
Also getting 100 badges is hard, and time consuming, while I have the gear and another spare 600 badges or so, just seems more sensible to me to tank it since its the only fight the lock would need the gear for right?

25 man Kael and Illidan also require lock to tank in resit gear. Coperian in the Kael fight I think you would have a tough time tanking on a pally. Though I suppose it would be possible.
Mordinm

Postby 2ndNin » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:31 am

:D fair enough, then lock gets badge gear :D

Time to go farm kara and heroics.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Dakiros » Fri May 09, 2008 8:34 am

I tanked him again last night, after a few boneheads got kicked out of the raid (a rogue and a mage that can't kill their inner demons, really??) we managed to kill him. I had some weirdness on him at the end though that has left me puzzled.

First, I have 370FR with my aura on. Yes I am 5 over the cap, whatever. If my FR is capped, why is he hitting me at all? Is this one of those 99% of the time deals where he can hit me sometimes but most of the time I'll resist it?

Second, I had over 15k HP while buffed up and at the very end of the fight with like 8 or 9 stacks of the debuff on me he one shot me for 13k. Wha? Since when is 13k bigger than 15k? I even scrolled back in my log to see if I had taken any smaller hits and I hadn't, I was at 100% then 0 just like that.
Dakiros

Postby Rhiannon » Thu May 15, 2008 6:13 pm

Being at the cap means that you will, on average, resist 75% of the fire damage being thrown at you. This is only an average though. As the chaos blast is a binary spell (it either hits you for full amount or is completely resisted), 75% of the time it will do nothing, and 25% it will hit for full damage, averaging out to 75% damage reduction. Each time it gets through it will also apply the stacking debuff, increasing the next hit by another 1675.
Rhiannon

Previous

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern