leo wirl...:(

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

leo wirl...:(

Postby ferrus » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:52 am

hello guys thanks to all your advice we have downed morogrim with the paladin all murloc tactics :D

since two week we have build ours home inside the leotheras rooms...
many many many wipes...:(

the aggro is not a problem, i am the mt here, and avenging shield help a lot to regain aggro after the wirlwind.
The demon phase is not a problem we manage it very well with a lock.
The big problem is the randomness of the wildwind....T_T
we spread out the room, we use all the space dividing the group in differend position....but every times some one was hit by a wirl...:(
with the healer in mixed healing/sd gear we cant heal every wirl the raid.
Any tips tactics or suggestion?
this is the second week of wipes....is damn boring this random wirl i have miss something useful?
thanks for all help
an in progress tankadin ^^
ferrus

Postby Gerilith » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:04 am

Avoid whirl if possible (read: if you're not the tank), BoP people who get in trouble and try to minimize spelldmggear for the healers. Paladins do not need spelldmg at all, for example and changing between spelldmgweapon and healing weapon is very useful, too as the healing power and killing of the deamon do not exclude each other.
And your healers must spread all over the room and heal everyone in range. Essential for every phase.

Of course, stop DPSing if whirl occurs and hold back (as long as you are not the tank :P ).

It is just a fight that has to be learned like every other boss.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby jere » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:35 am

At least when healing gear gets some spell dmg in the next patch this will help your group out. They can go full healing and be able to kill their inner demons too.
jere

Re: leo wirl...:(

Postby Vic » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:02 am

ferrus wrote:The big problem is the randomness of the wildwind....T_T

i use deadly boss mods and other raid members like to use other mods, basically, 5 seconds before the whirl timer is up all melee dps runs out and stays out til he actually runs around. The Melee DPS usually gun/bow/throw/moonfire from a distance until he starts running.

Yea sometimes people get unlucky and get hit by it, doesn't mean they suck or anything but a simple BOP would remove it. for my guild it isn't much of a big deal if people DO get it by it, we will try and keep them healed. We try to assign a healer for every section that raid members would possibly be at when they run.

Leo can be a pain, i remember our first attempts were just terrible, soo embarrassing we didn't want to talk about it, Enrage timer goes up and he's not even 50% (. .. . . .) but yea by some miracle we went in there next day and took him to 2% on first attempt it was crazy, got him on 2nd try and now he's on farm

grats on the Tidewalker kill! D:
Pally / 70 / Stormscale
Vic

Re: leo wirl...:(

Postby Dragonzbane » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:07 am

ferrus wrote:Any tips tactics or suggestion?
this is the second week of wipes....is damn boring this random wirl i have miss something useful?
thanks for all help

The biggest thing is to spread out. Yeah, I know it's obvious.
But also spread out the healers, if everyone is spread out but all the healers are on one side of the ramp it will cause LOS issues with the other side.

Another thing is that you have to tell DPS that they are on their own.
Bandage, pot, use healthstones but do not rely on healers to keep you up.

Honestly though I can't see how you guys are having too much trouble.

Last night was our first night at Leo and we downed him in 5 attempts.

The belt dropped and I passed it to our Warrior MT, who also got defaulted the Gloves.
Dragonzbane

Postby Dragonzbane » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:12 am

jere wrote:At least when healing gear gets some spell dmg in the next patch this will help your group out. They can go full healing and be able to kill their inner demons too.

Most of our healers did okay with their demons last night,
2 Shaman, 2 Paladins, and 3 Priests.

Our biggest issue was our MT not beating his Demon. I think he only got his demon down on our last attempt. I didn't mind all that much because I was tanking most of the time. I had most of the transitions on lockdown all night.
Dragonzbane

Postby Dorvan » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:44 am

moved to SSC forum
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Morganim » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:36 pm

1st up,
Stick warrior in dps gear and have him dps for this fight, in prot gear there pretty useless at killing demons (worst out of all)
Have paladins/druids MT it. Our druids use s2 arena gear more-so than there t5 tanking gear for this fight so there threat is insane and leo doesnt hit to hard and of course as a pally its simple.

2nd
Drop as many searing totems in the middle as you can, he loves these things.

3rd

Tell people to TURN AROUND and run for it when he targets them no one should ever take the WW debuff really. you just have to sacrifice a few shots/spells whatever.

The few people that do take it can get a BoP as well
Morganim

Postby Kellann » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:16 pm

Slightly different question about his whirl:

Without the use of AS (provided totems grant time to pickup, intelligent DPSers, etc) would we be more or less useful than the other tanking classes?

Backround:
We're going to go learn him soon, have not yet seen him in person.
We generally have 1 of each tank type in a raid
I have a more OT spec which excludes AS (I have to provide my own Sanc aura if I want one - no Ret's) and I've grown fond of how well that works out in our raids.
Kellann - Uther
Kellann

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:51 pm

Ranged aggro gen abilities are particularly useful on this fight. AS making picking him up when a warlock leaves dots on him after WW like a MORON easier. Judgements on the run while chasing after him when a hunter is stupid and has an arrow in the air while ww is ending are also handy.

Leo doesn't hit very hard, so I tend to wear more SD gear than my full-blown boss tanking set has.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Kellann » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:16 am

Thanks Fuzz,

So it's basically a "save the idiots" button in this fight (as it is in so many other places).

In that case I'll hold off on getting AS back until/unless it proves we've enough idiots that we can't get thru WWs without it.
Kellann - Uther
Kellann

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern