Remove Advertisements

Hydross adds, can Tankadins tank all four?

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Hydross adds, can Tankadins tank all four?

Postby Bosutei » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:44 pm

If they have a hybrid resist set? And what stats are recommended?
Bosutei

Postby Warrender » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:25 pm

Warrender
Maintankadonor

Re: Hydross adds, can Tankadins tank all four?

Postby Girard » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:28 am

Bosutei wrote:If they have a hybrid resist set? And what stats are recommended?

Minimum resistance is 180 Frost & Nature

Generally I pick up 2 adds (judge/cons) but end up tanking all four due to my threat ouput =)
Girard

Postby Crusherus » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:43 am

I pick up all 4 with 235FrR/235NR, 460 defence, and about 14k HP buffed. Haven't heard any complaints from the healers. As long as you get them down before the mark of hydross increases their damage too much, you're on easy street.
Dragonmaw - US
Crusherus

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:48 am

With 250/250 resist (with auras ofc) i usually tank 1 or 2, sometimes 3, very often i also tank hydross for a few seconds, since i always make my Consecration under him before a tank switch to not allow healers or dots to fuck up the fight
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Ilara » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:43 am

Crusherus wrote:I pick up all 4 with 235FrR/235NR, 460 defence, and about 14k HP buffed. Haven't heard any complaints from the healers. As long as you get them down before the mark of hydross increases their damage too much, you're on easy street.

Mate I would love to get a look at the set you have to hit this mark, as my guild is just starting SSC now I need to put together a set for the same goal. Think I could trouble you to log out on it, or list er out?
Guillex wrote:chop chop slap chop slap slap /b/ fap fap.... gogo
Ilara

Postby Crusherus » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:39 am

Ilara wrote:
Crusherus wrote:I pick up all 4 with 235FrR/235NR, 460 defence, and about 14k HP buffed. Haven't heard any complaints from the healers. As long as you get them down before the mark of hydross increases their damage too much, you're on easy street.

Mate I would love to get a look at the set you have to hit this mark, as my guild is just starting SSC now I need to put together a set for the same goal. Think I could trouble you to log out on it, or list er out?

Mostly the standard epic crafted Frost/Nature resist gear. Get a blacksmith to make you a mix of the plate, don't forget your +20 resist enchant to helm from either CE (Nature) or KoT (Frost). Then get a jewelcrafter to make both epic resist rings, and the resist necklace for whichever resist you are lacking. 1 or 2 BoE frost or nature resist greens, again, whichever you are lacking in I have a belt and gloves. Stack 2 defence rating trinkets: Dabri's Enigma and Adamantite Figurine are excellent. I use Scarab of Displacement now since I managed to snag it off our first kill 8).

I will post a complete list of exactly what I wear for that encounter. I was looking for this exact information when I first started visiting this site. Happy to help!
Dragonmaw - US
Crusherus

Postby honorshammer » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:54 am

Crusherus wrote:
Ilara wrote:

Mostly the standard epic crafted Frost/Nature resist gear. Get a blacksmith to make you a mix of the plate, don't forget your +20 resist enchant to helm from either CE (Nature) or KoT (Frost). Then get a jewelcrafter to make both epic resist rings, and the resist necklace for whichever resist you are lacking. 1 or 2 BoE frost or nature resist greens, again, whichever you are lacking in I have a belt and gloves. Stack 2 defence rating trinkets: Dabri's Enigma and Adamantite Figurine are excellent. I use Scarab of Displacement now since I managed to snag it off our first kill 8).

I will post a complete list of exactly what I wear for that encounter. I was looking for this exact information when I first started visiting this site. Happy to help!

I'd love to see the list as well.
honorshammer

Postby Ilara » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:53 pm

Crusherus wrote:
Ilara wrote:

Legend. I'll have to get get my crafter's to work :)
Ilara

Postby sissylala » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:14 pm

also you can do what i did to increase my def as well as resist.
Gloves of maiden with 2 void sphere and +8 frost resist or nature resist
t4 shoulders with +7 resist and 2 void sphere. could also use the ones from netherspite
Crest of the shatar with resistance enchant and also 2 void sphere.
this helps increase resistance and keep up tanking stats. granted its not as much resist as a green can get. but as i said you still keep tanking stats.
sissylala

Postby kaime » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:13 am

I normally take 3 with little to no resist gear. I use Flask of Chromatic wonder and Auras.

I do have a Nature chest piece I wear only because my tanking chest has block on it and block is pointless in this fight.

I have tanked 4 adds for half the fight when our OT died. The healers have to be on their toes but since I have a little more nature resist than frost I just pop my morose trinket during the frost adds and it works ok.
Level 70 Human Paladin
Antonidas
kaime

Postby Crusherus » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:51 pm

As promised:

Helm:
Wildguard Helm - Crafted by blacksmith from CE rep recipe
+50 Nature resistance
+20 Nature resistance (Glyph from CE quartermaster)

Neck:
Pendant of Thawing Crafted by Jewelcrafter from Lower City rep recipe
+30 Frost resistance

Chest:
Wildguard Breastplate - Crafted by blacksmith from CE rep recipe
+60 Nature resistance

Gloves:
Generic green quality frost resist - From the AH
+23 Frost resistance

Belt:
Generic green quality frost resist - From the AH
+27 Frost resistance

Legs:
Iceguard Leggings - Crafted by blacksmith from Violet Eye rep recipe
+60 Frost resistance

Rings:
The Frozen Eye - Crafted by Jewelcrafter from Violet Eye rep recipe
+35 Frost resistance
The Natural Ward - Crafted by Jewelcrafter from CE rep recipe
+35 Nature resistance

Trinkets:
Adamantite Figuring - Drop from 2nd boss Shadow Labs
+32 Def rating
Scarab of Displacement - Drop from Hydross the Unstable - SSC
+42 Def rating
You can sub in this for the Scarab since I used it on my first kill:
Dabiri's Enigma - Quest reward from Netherstorm
+30 Def rating

Besides that, I just wear my regular tanking gear for everything else, check my armory if you wanna see the other stuff...

Unbuffed Stats:
Health: 11,807
Defense: 467
Spell Damage: 257
Frost Resistance: 175
Nature Resistance: 165

So those are some stats capable of tanking all 4. You can probably do it with a little less if you have more than one healer on you.
Dragonmaw - US
Crusherus

Postby Ilara » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:55 am

gaaah man, working myself blind farming for the primals now >.< hell of a grind ahead.
Ilara

Postby Araveni » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:11 pm

I tank all hydross adds with around 160 resistance in both NR and FrR, 16k HP buffed and 490 defense.

Just get auras and flask and then a few items and you're good to go, they never have a problem to keep me up and the adds die quick when they get AoE downed :)
Araveni

Postby Strom » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:36 pm

Araveni wrote:I tank all hydross adds with around 160 resistance in both NR and FrR, 16k HP buffed and 490 defense.

Just get auras and flask and then a few items and you're good to go, they never have a problem to keep me up and the adds die quick when they get AoE downed :)

What few items would be recommended for this?

My guild has a nature res and frost res tank, each all decked out. But I would like to have a mix set just in case I am needed. I havent been raiding recently, so I am just a fill in when needed, so I would like to be useful, but do it cheaply lol.

Both Auras (70) + Flask (25) + ???

So I will need about 65 res from each according to the successes of the quoted poster? Which Items would better server me? I assume resist rings would be half of that.
Strom

Next

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern