Leotheras

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Ownopotamus » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:44 am

YouTube version (although I would suggest downloading) is up! Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTxt1ar1VuY
Ownopotamus

Postby benias » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:52 am

So i need some help for the 15% phase. We managed to down him last night but it was chaos and we only had 5 standing at the end. Can you guys suggest some tips?
benias

Postby matchbox » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:31 pm

dont let your hit points hit zero
matchbox

Postby Mortehl » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:36 pm

Seperate the demon from the belf fast. Make sure nobody but the warlock is on the demon. Pwn the Belf. Profit.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby benias » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:15 pm

wow, that was constructive. THANKS!

On a more serious note, do you still run out between phases? I noticed that his whirlwinds happened about twice as fast now, so im not sure if its even possible to keep running out. We got him far away from the demon and everyone spread out but the whirlwinds killed off most of the raid. How does everyone else handle it once we have aggro and have the human form positioned?
benias

Postby Ownopotamus » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:25 pm

benias wrote:wow, that was constructive. THANKS!

On a more serious note, do you still run out between phases? I noticed that his whirlwinds happened about twice as fast now, so im not sure if its even possible to keep running out. We got him far away from the demon and everyone spread out but the whirlwinds killed off most of the raid. How does everyone else handle it once we have aggro and have the human form positioned?

We run out 5 seconds before each WW - well the melee does at least. Ranged is careful to stop DPS right as the WW is ending so I can pick it back up.
Ownopotamus

Postby kedalic » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:13 pm

And, you have a huge room. Spread out in a giant max range circle around him, with a few healers positioned everywhere. During WW phase, the main job of the tank is to get him and position him in the middle, so that everyone can safely run away from him when he WWs. Your real dps will come from the demon phases. During last 15%, I co-tanked with a warrior, and we both stayed in during the WW, so that between his shield slam and my AS/hammer one of us was guaranteed to pick him up even with a miss, and it let the dps just go nuts. And, as said, let him seperate from his demon form, dropping consecrate + wings + trinket and tanking both forms at once isn't fun =)
kedalic

Postby Kvaern » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:54 am

kedalic wrote:And, you have a huge room. Spread out in a giant max range circle around him, with a few healers positioned everywhere. During WW phase, the main job of the tank is to get him and position him in the middle, so that everyone can safely run away from him when he WWs. Your real dps will come from the demon phases. During last 15%, I co-tanked with a warrior, and we both stayed in during the WW, so that between his shield slam and my AS/hammer one of us was guaranteed to pick him up even with a miss, and it let the dps just go nuts. And, as said, let him seperate from his demon form, dropping consecrate + wings + trinket and tanking both forms at once isn't fun =)

You can't control him when he WW's.
Kvaern

Postby kedalic » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:50 am

by WW phase I mean human form. You are correct, the best solution when he is actually WWing is to have your raid run away (and by run, I mean TURN and run). The key bit is, human form isn't where you get your dps in, demon form is. You can /afk during human form and still beat him from just demon form dps, although any you DO get is nice, but don't sacrifice just surviving, and dodging the WW during human form.
kedalic

Postby Cragus » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:55 am

Started Leo last night, went ok, however the only real issue we seemed to have is healers, priests in general not being able to kill their demons.

It seems to be interrupt issues on spells rather than dm gear, we used conc aura to give them a boost, but with the variation in time when the demons appear they are really having issues with it. Not sure about druids or shammie atm, they havent replied to the review thread yet.

Anyone else had this or can suggest anything major?
Cragus

Postby Lore » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:00 am

Priests should be shielding themselves and smite spamming. Have them wear some spell damage gear if they're really having trouble. Shaman should toss Earth Shields on healers with demons as well. Make sure they understand that the demons are susceptible to Holy damage as well, so they shouldn't waste time with shadow spells.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Cragus » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:07 am

The spell damage gear didnt seem to be the issue one had 500spell dm on. The adds to quite a bit of damage so they eat through the shield fast then the fear doesnt always last 8secs and its back to being hit and loosing lots of cast time. The totem sounds like it might help, ill suggest that. However i guess a big part is down to the individual to practise the best spell rotation.
Cragus

Postby Oranniv » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:10 am

If there is a paladin in the group they can switch to concentration aura to help casters during the inner demon phase, then switch to something else after the demons go down.
Oranniv

Postby Cakes » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:08 pm

You can also BoP the squishy healer types, like holy priests. Remind your shammies that if they insist on using an elemental to help kill their add, THEY (not the pet) have to get the killing blow.
Cakes

Postby kedalic » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:47 pm

Also, holy priests should dot it with SWP as well as using smite. That makes the difference between a kill or not when you have 300 or less spell dmg (and still is important for the 500+ folks). Remind the resto shamans that they also have lightening bolt, and that it does double damage to the demons as well ;p.
kedalic

PreviousNext

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern