Remove Advertisements

Hydross adds

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Hydross adds

Postby Dendrah » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:57 pm

Well I'm the tank of choise for our guild to take on the hydross adds. Last time I tried they just killed me in a matter of seconds so I started looking for the reason. Seems like I would need some 140 unbuffed resistance to both forst and nature.

Now I found this nice list of resistance gear here on the forum. Only question is: what is the best mix of gear to get? Should I focus on resistance to all or rather swap 2-3 items of frost and 2-3 items of nature?
Dendrah

Postby Vasilissa » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:27 pm

As far as I remember I had buffed (frost aura and hunter aspect) ~ 250 of both. Was more then enough.
Vasilissa

Postby Fapman » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:08 am

i have the wildguard breastplate + nature kit and the iceguard helm + frost glyph.
With aura + aspect/totem that gives me 138 nature and 140 frost resist, with the least loss in def/sta.

I should add that I have never actually tanked the adds, but if it's 140 resistance you're looking for I believe this would be the most efficient way.
Just don't shoot me if more experienced players have better options.
Fapman

Postby Capt » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:34 am

I have tanked the adds mulitible times, and never used resistance. to my understanding it is mainly used by the OT encase a regular tank dies.

I could be wrong, but if you have the gear (and I had crap gear when my guild first did this) and you have a dedicated healer/healers (just raids healers is not enough you need your own) you should be good
Altar of Storms; CaptSheridan (70 protection paladin) Class master of paladin's Manus Domini
Capt

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern