Remove Advertisements

Hydross doable now without resist sets?

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Hydross doable now without resist sets?

Postby sapientialb » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:27 pm

Since we can block elementals now is this feasible?

"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
sapientialb

Postby sapientialb » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:04 pm

The answer is yes :)

"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
sapientialb

Postby Nikos » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:17 pm

Seriously? My guild is doing this tonite and I'm the frost tank - will be my first shot at him, tho I out gear the place most likely in my regular tanking gear with badge/ZA gear mostly plus some TK stuff (t5 shoulders ect) Is it seriously viable to do in normal gear now?
Nikos

Postby Elsie » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:53 pm

It's always been viable per se, just especially viable now.
Remember SSO badge gear is t6 or better, ZA ranged from t5 to t6+, and the 2.3 gear is t6 viable. So you outgear hydross to begin with.
Elsie

Re: Hydross doable now without resist sets?

Postby Bk992004 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:45 am

5 of my guildies tagged along with another guild and some PUGs last night for the 1st SSC run for almost all 40 people.

We got to him in about 8min and he was dead within 4more. Not a tough fight at all right now.

Some of the later fights are harder, still, though.
Bk992004

Postby marsh21 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:24 am

whoa whoa wait a minute we can block elementals now?

i just did it lastnight and i never even bothered hitting the holy shield button, plus there was not one block that showed up in my combat log

but on a different note all I switched out was the iceguard set and guess what... my nature resist tank d/c right after the pull so i tanked both phases and all the adds OOPS

it was the most pitiful excuse for a fight that i've seen... we downed him in frost/nature/frost 3 phases and the max I got hit for was 3100 (not at all resist capped), two of our healers were afk and so was our hybrid tank

i managed to pick up the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30629 which was a welcome drop since the Anticipation change I was desperate for some extra defense to get back to 490

@ nikos... i only had around 250 frost resist (aura+iceguard+flask) and 100 nature resist (hunter buff+flask) and nature phase was even sad... tank it in your normal gear with buffs and you should not only have it easy for frost but for both phases
marsh21

Postby amh » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:41 am

It´s a real pushover as long as you have two tanks and your dps know what an aggro-reset is. You don´t need *any* resist-gear at all.

First tank grabs him, shout that you´re moving him when his hits start to hurt. Second tank picks him up as soon as you cross the line, entertain yourself on some adds, or go afk for a few seconds, until it´s your time to pick him up again.

You can block his attacks, and his hits are so weak that you have all the time in the world to watch those debuffs stack up before you need to move. The adds barely have any HP now, so just aoe them down right on top of him.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Xfighter » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:41 pm

We went to SSC last week, and being a guild who had only done Lurker\Tide\Fathom prior, we AoE'd all the trash in no time, and easily 1-shot all the bosses.

For tanks, we had myself and a warrior and we are both similarly geared (Some T4-level, but mainly Badge\ZA etc, and hardly any in our raid had any T6 stuff, with some having T5 from VR\Sol\Lurker\Tide\Fathom)

Hydross we had never attempted due to having no resist sets, and easily killed him without ANY resist sets. Warrior tanked him in typical tank gear, while I picked up the adds with my shield. We had decided the warrior would move out right before the 5th stack was applied, and would tank both phases. - He wasn't hit for all that much as all, thus the encounter being a joke.

Resis sets are not needed if your in mainly Badge\ZA etc loot, as the whole place is a joke.

(Lurker went down after 1 naga phase, Tidewalker after 2-3 murlocks, fath was ezpz, only boss who gave us problems was Leo & Vashj [Vashj is still all about co ordination, as you can't ZERG her down like other bosses])

If you plan on going to Leo\doing Leo, make sure if you or a warlock are tanking, that whoever does tank demon phase has some fire resist, as Leo is still too dangerous to tank without any Fire resistance gear. With Aura up I would resist a large portion of his attacks, but if you eat a non resisted one, and your healers aren't paying attention\can't get you up, your surely going down after the next hit. He still hits for 10k post-patch, and I personally died 2-3 times while tanking his demon phase, due to the fact that it seemed every 5th bolt he'd hit for the full 10k, which hurts regardless.
Xfighter

Postby juggi » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:14 am

Could just tank everything on both phases with or without resist gear. Wish I'd have tried it pre-3.0 though (.
juggi

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern