Remove Advertisements

Curator OT

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Curator OT

Postby solina » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:27 am

I think I'm the only person the raid tonight with a modicum of arcane resist, and might have to be the arcane bolt eater on Curator. Any tips? I see both mana and threat issues real fast..
solina

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:30 am

Judge wisdom on him and be on the shaman/spriest group if you can for the mana income. Threat itself shouldn't be as hard because the others are busy on the Flares. Make sure to keep mana moderately high(just stay above the dps on threat) and pop avenging wrath when he evocates.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelaan » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:35 pm

I'd almost say that if you DON'T have arcane resist, no biggie -- suck down the bolts in tank gear, and get healed back up -- and viola, plenty of mana for damage / threat.
Kelaan

Postby Maihes » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:38 pm

Bolts are not based off threat so you could do nothing but /dance and eat them as long as you are healed up and have THE HIGHEST HP second to tank.
Maihes

Postby Kathane » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:51 pm

Maihes wrote:Bolts are not based off threat so you could do nothing but /dance and eat them as long as you are healed up and have THE HIGHEST HP second to tank.

Huh? Cite, link, reference?
"What's the kill order?"
"This room, the next room, the hallway, and then the boss."
*throws shield*

Kathane

Postby Aerfalle » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:59 pm

Kathane wrote:
Maihes wrote:Bolts are not based off threat so you could do nothing but /dance and eat them as long as you are healed up and have THE HIGHEST HP second to tank.

Huh? Cite, link, reference?

It's not true
Aerfalle

Postby Invisusira » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:59 pm

Having NO "bolt tank" is by far easier than trying to have an arcane OT, for any level of gear. We tried this way when we were first progressing and it was SO much easier when we stopped tying to.
Invisusira

Ot spots

Postby djellum » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:39 pm

Best option - if the other tank is a druid or warrior let them dps sparks and you tank curator.

if you cant handle it, put on healing gear and run a rank 1 consecrate to stay second on the list and soak the bolts. you dont even have to constantly drop a cons, just keep it steady, dont sacrifice a heal for it.

djellum

Postby solina » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:08 am

Results: I slapped on about 125 in AR, and had no problems with Mana or with staying #2 aggro to the druid tank. (Had to work not to jack aggro, actually, the druid's still gearing up.)

Sadly, our dpsers weren't killing sparks fast enough, and Curator lived.
solina

Postby Seloei » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:35 am

If that was the case, swap the druid out and tank him instead while the druid plays "go fetch!" with the flares. ALL dps has to swap fast to the flares and kill them, if you can't kill the flares in time you can't kill him.
Seloei

Postby solina » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:46 am

Seloei wrote:If that was the case, swap the druid out and tank him instead while the druid plays "go fetch!" with the flares. ALL dps has to swap fast to the flares and kill them, if you can't kill the flares in time you can't kill him.

Yeah, I guess.. I never thought of just not having a dedicated arcane bolt absorber. In prior runs we've had a hunter with AR or a demo lock fill this role, but we had nothing like that this time. From what I've seen, it's always going to be a healer eating the bolts if nobody else is trying to.

This isn't my first time through Kara, I'm cleared (minus Nightbane) on my druid.. but I'm bringing a bunch of fresh 70's through on my Pally, and everything's all different and stuff now. :)
solina

Postby Ghort » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:21 am

are you for real? SECOND highest eats bolts....
80 Paladin (Prot) - Azual
80 Warrior (Prot/Arms) - Madarab
80 Mage (Arcane/Frost pvp) Arlensul
80 DK (Blood Tank) Deadkitten
80 Priest (holy/disc) - Ghort
5/12 ICC 10

Runetotem Server, Fifth Column
Ghort

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:59 am

Ghort wrote:

It hits whoever has more hp at any given time, other than the aggroed target.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Ghort » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:11 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
Ghort wrote:

hmmm... never seen/heard that... are we talking current highest HP or HP total? Going to test that tho on Tuesday when we reset
80 Paladin (Prot) - Azual
80 Warrior (Prot/Arms) - Madarab
80 Mage (Arcane/Frost pvp) Arlensul
80 DK (Blood Tank) Deadkitten
80 Priest (holy/disc) - Ghort
5/12 ICC 10

Runetotem Server, Fifth Column
Ghort

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:13 am

Ghort wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:
Ghort wrote:

hmmm... never seen/heard that... are we talking current highest HP or HP total? Going to test that tho on Tuesday when we reset
Current highest hp. So if healers are slow he'll bolt multiple people.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Karazhan