Prince: Problem with agro at the phase 1-2 transition

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Poin » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:04 pm

The way my guild does it is to tank him about halfway along the south wall of what "should" be the tower. You keep your back more or less to the wall and get nudged a little, but he'll never evade on you.

Also, I tanked that bad boy on Saturday and won. First Malchezzar tank ever. 8)
Poin

Postby Talmus » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:57 am

Poin wrote:The way my guild does it is to tank him about halfway along the south wall of what "should" be the tower. You keep your back more or less to the wall and get nudged a little, but he'll never evade on you.

Also, I tanked that bad boy on Saturday and won. First Malchezzar tank ever. 8)

Isn't that a great feeling one-shotting that on your first try as tank? :)
Talmus

Postby Kellann » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Truthiness wrote:That and we can just turn off auto attack to avoid the parry-gib. I find that exorcism+consecrate+holy shield+judge is more than enough threat for phase 2, especially if you pop wings at the beginning of the phase.

The 'gib' part of a parry-gib is the part with the crushing blows in it. Considering that our crushing blows are either due to a mistimed rotation or some VERY bad luck (latency-crush or actually-ate-all-our-charges crush)....

The only time I've ever been parry-gibbed on Prince was when our Enh, roguex2 & fury warrior all did not get (or cloaked) their enfeeble and jumped to the front to not get knocked back. The number of parries when accounting for 4 dual wielders with WF and myself under WF & Reckoning was ridiculous...
Kellann - Uther
Kellann

Postby Kelaan » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:10 am

Kellann wrote:The 'gib' part of a parry-gib is the part with the crushing blows in it.

While crushes taken due to parries increasing the attack rate to more than we have charges of Shield Block certainly DOES count as a parry-gib, I believe it's applicable (for those of us with lesser gear) to consider any spike damage due to parries (e.g., attack, thrash, parry-attack) has the potential to be devastating, especially if taken at a time when healers are repositioning or somesuch.
Kelaan

Previous

Return to Karazhan