Remove Advertisements

Doubletank R+J

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Doubletank R+J

Postby solina » Tue May 27, 2008 7:53 am

In my most recent run, I tried for the first time to doubletank Romulo + Julianne. I doubletank Attumen + Midnight with ease, so I wasn't expecting problems.

Turns out the healers couldn't keep up with me. We ran 3 healers, Priest w/ ~1400, Pally with ~1100, Priest with ~1000. When we swapped in a druid to tank Jul, the fight went off without a hitch. I was running ~15k HP w/ Kings/Imp/Fort, and ~60-65% pure avoidance (of course uncrush).

Would you expect the trouble to more likely be a tank gear issue or a heal gear issue, or possibly just a sloppy mechanics issue?
solina

Postby arilink » Tue May 27, 2008 8:02 am

My guess is that your pally forgot about dispelling.

Romulo
# Poisoned Thrust: Physical. All statistics reduced by 10% (Stacks up to 8 times), the debuff can be depoisoned.

80% less Stamina = dead tank
arilink

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue May 27, 2008 8:03 am

You need a poison cleansebot.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Re: Doubletank R+J

Postby mazater » Tue May 27, 2008 8:22 am

solina wrote:and ~60-65% pure avoidance (of course uncrush).

:shock:

What the...I have only about 50% pure avoidance and I'm running Hyjal :/
Tho' I have truckloads of more stamina than you have
mazater

Postby jere » Tue May 27, 2008 8:31 am

Cleanse poisons, remove Romulo's Daring buff, and probably trade some avoidance for stamina (since you can't avoid Julliane's attacks anyways).
jere

Postby solina » Tue May 27, 2008 8:32 am

Mazater wrote:
solina wrote:and ~60-65% pure avoidance (of course uncrush).

:shock:

What the...I have only about 50% pure avoidance and I'm running Hyjal :/
Tho' I have truckloads of more stamina than you have

I think my brain crashed when coming up with that number.. I was thinking of what the "am I uncrush" macro tells me when I don't have HS up.

It's probably more like 40%. The dodge/parry #'s in my sig image are roughly correct, and I run around 515 defense.

Good call on the poison.. I used to be a tree on this fight, and keeping Abolish Poison up was second nature; now, we have no tree.
solina

Postby solina » Tue May 27, 2008 8:34 am

jere wrote:remove Romulo's Daring buff

2 hunters w/ arcane shot is good for that. ;)

and probably trade some avoidance for stamina (since you can't avoid Julliane's attacks anyways).

Interesting thought, but I'm walking the knife's edge at the moment. I don't have a stamina set that keeps me uncrush.
solina

Postby Rokh » Wed May 28, 2008 1:03 am

You dont need that much def, its pretty much pointless to have more than 490, try trading out your +def trinket for a 50sta trinket.

Also, KZ is a sexy instance to stack block value, most fights become easier faster if you have 600+ block value as most of the bosses hit for 2-3k at the high end. And most +block peices come with +BR, so reaching uncruchable in a block suit is easier than in an avoidance suit, so you can have more room to toss in HP gear.

I also checked your armory, and i have a few ideas.

Quest neck from sethekk halls - 40sta 20def ?

Or blockvalue neck from SV

CoT rep pants - HUGE sta upgrade for you

Cloak from SV is considered by many to be one of the best pre-T6 (devil shark)

Boots from the 1st boss of heroic Mana tombs (bring like 150 shadow
resist in greens and he is a joke, hits are 100% shadow based)

Quest belt from the key to arcatraz (starts in area52 next to the mail box from the etheral)

Jade skull chest from fire chick boss in mech

badge vendor libram.

why arent you wearing your violet signet ring?
Rokh

Postby Truckle » Wed May 28, 2008 3:19 am

solina wrote:Turns out the healers couldn't keep up with me. We ran 3 healers, Priest w/ ~1400, Pally with ~1100, Priest with ~1000. When we swapped in a druid to tank Jul, the fight went off without a hitch. I was running ~15k HP w/ Kings/Imp/Fort, and ~60-65% pure avoidance (of course uncrush).

Should be fine at that. As has been said, get that poison removed and have hunters remove Daring from romulo... hover a finger over LoH just in case it gets rough.

We did it with two priests and one shaman last time I think... maybe shammy/priest/pally I cant remember now. All had a fair bit more +heal than your setup though.. two with 1600/1700 ish and one with 1100 iirc
Truckle

Postby solina » Wed May 28, 2008 8:28 am

Rokh wrote:You dont need that much def, its pretty much pointless to have more than 490, try trading out your +def trinket for a 50sta trinket.

I need most of that extra def to stay uncrush right now.

I'm collecting for DMC:V now. I'll also be hitting SSO exalted tonight, and will probably be running with the threat shield mostly. My MT set uses Regal Protectorate over Daibri's Enigma, since on-use block rating does absolutely nothing when you're uncrush.

Also, KZ is a sexy instance to stack block value, most fights become easier faster if you have 600+ block value as most of the bosses hit for 2-3k at the high end. And most +block peices come with +BR, so reaching uncruchable in a block suit is easier than in an avoidance suit, so you can have more room to toss in HP gear.

Hrm. I've been tossing stuff into a "BV" set, but I haven't been wearing it. I'll see what it adds up to. :)

I also checked your armory, and i have a few ideas.

You caught me in my dailies garb. :|

Quest neck from sethekk halls - 40sta 20def ?

Or blockvalue neck from SV

I have CenEx neck, SV BV neck, and Maiden's neck available.

CoT rep pants - HUGE sta upgrade for you

Got them. But I socketed them for dodge at the moment. I intend to switch them to sta "soon" - when I'm sure I don't need that dodge.

Cloak from SV is considered by many to be one of the best pre-T6 (devil shark)

Saw it drop once. Lost roll to a prefers-to-be-prot pally who was ret because I asked her to be. The Burnoose isn't bad though.

Boots from the 1st boss of heroic Mana tombs (bring like 150 shadow
resist in greens and he is a joke, hits are 100% shadow based)

Hmm, I'll check that out. I'm on Flesh Beast's Metal Greaves.

Quest belt from the key to arcatraz (starts in area52 next to the mail box from the etheral)

Got Moroes' belt.

Jade skull chest from fire chick boss in mech

Currently on Aldor chest. 64 badges saved towards the 2.3 chest.

badge vendor libram.

Got it.

why arent you wearing your violet signet ring?

I literally just got the honored one. The friendly one didn't help at all.
Swapping violet sig in for Andorumu's tear drops me below uncrush.
Swapping violet sig in for Wind Trader's Band is worth considering now. The old one would just give me +1 def rating at the cost of 7 sta and some dodge. Now it gives +3 def rating at the cost of 1 sta and some dodge. I'm still not convinced.
solina

Postby Fridmarr » Wed May 28, 2008 10:30 am

Rokh wrote:You dont need that much def, its pretty much pointless to have more than 490, try trading out your +def trinket for a 50sta trinket.

Defense is still a very good stat after 490. It increases your chance to be missed, dodge, block, and parry. It's more efficient than straight dodge for reaching uncrushable, and only slightly less efficient than dodge in terms of pure avoidance.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby solina » Thu May 29, 2008 8:52 am

solina wrote:[

Hrm. I've been tossing stuff into a "BV" set, but I haven't been wearing it. I'll see what it adds up to. :)

My BV stuff adds up to about 300, and is a tinge under uncrush (off by 0.3). My avoidance set has about 200 BV, and is comfortably uncrush. I think I'll stay with my avoidance set. (I think I logged out in that last night actually.)
solina

Postby Lookit » Fri May 30, 2008 9:06 am

Fridmarr wrote:

Defense is still a very good stat after 490. It increases your chance to be missed, dodge, block, and parry. It's more efficient than straight dodge for reaching uncrushable, and only slightly less efficient than dodge in terms of pure avoidance.

Quoting this just to emphasize the point. Saying that "defense after 490 is pretty much pointless" is completely false.

After 490, 15 def rating is 1% uncrush, and 20 def rating is 1% pure avoidance. Compare that to dodge, where 18.9 rating is 1% avoidance.

As you can see, def is better than dodge for reaching uncrushability, and almost the same for reaching pure avoidance. Add in the fact that def increases your chance to be missed, which is the only avoidance that works when you're stunned, and the bottom line is that def is great, no matter how much you have.
Lookit

Postby jere » Fri May 30, 2008 9:30 am

Not to mention: if they end up changing our version of anticipation like they did warriors in WotLK alpha, then we will need 20 more defense skill from gear anyways.
jere

Postby Kelaan » Fri May 30, 2008 9:47 am

jere wrote:Not to mention: if they end up changing our version of anticipation like they did warriors in WotLK alpha, then we will need 20 more defense skill from gear anyways.

Can you elaborate on this? How was it changed? (And, I realize it's not set in stone, being alpha.)
Kelaan

Next

Return to Karazhan