prince problems

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

prince problems

Postby Shadraak » Thu May 22, 2008 9:10 am

OK, so my guild let me try prince lastnight cause my gear had been getting better, everything was fine till phase 2, fully buffed i was over 17k hp, but all of a sudden i was like 2-3 shotted before the healers could even get a heal off it seems, i looked in combat log ddind't see anythign that said crushing i tried to keep HS up all the time as i could, is prince hard for a pally tank?
Shadraak

Re: prince problems

Postby guillex » Thu May 22, 2008 9:12 am

Shadraak wrote:OK, so my guild let me try prince lastnight cause my gear had been getting better, everything was fine till phase 2, fully buffed i was over 17k hp, but all of a sudden i was like 2-3 shotted before the healers could even get a heal off it seems, i looked in combat log ddind't see anythign that said crushing i tried to keep HS up all the time as i could, is prince hard for a pally tank?

Ahhh... The elusive parry-gib.

Make sure ALL of your DPS is standing BEHIND him. Keep HS up ALLLLLLL the time ... Healers should be overhealing you... You can even turn off autoattack and just spam exorcism and the like.

It's not hard for a pally tank, at all.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Shadraak » Thu May 22, 2008 10:04 am

oh ok, so when phase 2 hits, stop auto attack and just keep with exorcism/consecration and HS up?
Shadraak

Postby guillex » Thu May 22, 2008 10:07 am

Shadraak wrote:oh ok, so when phase 2 hits, stop auto attack and just keep with exorcism/consecration and HS up?

If you outgear him, then yes.

Parry-gib is more of a concern to warriors than it is for us, as our threat abilities are yellow damage/spells ... while most, if not all, of theirs are weapon abilities ... which can be parried.

I'd say, before you stop autoattacking, make SURE nobody is too far in his hitbox to possibly be attacking from the front. Also make SURE that your healers know they need to start healing WELL before p2 hits.

But yeah, you should have a decent threat lead by then that you can stop autoattacking. Just remember that judging gets you attacking again.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Mordinm » Thu May 22, 2008 10:13 am

Guillex wrote:I'd say, before you stop autoattacking, make SURE nobody is too far in his hitbox to possibly be attacking from the front.

I'd go a bit further and say you should verify at least one parry gib before you stop auto attacking. It's not that hard. Just take a look in the last few lines of your combat log and make sure he parried you some time during the burst that killed you.
Mordinm

Postby Janthord » Thu May 22, 2008 10:13 am

His attack speed goes up so significantly. A bad streak of avoiding could very well be the end of any tank.

My suggestion would be (Hoping you have it) pop a dodge trinket, like moroes lucky pocket watch when he hits about 55%~
Janthord

Postby Shadraak » Thu May 22, 2008 10:32 am

ah yeah i dont have a dodge trinket, well i do but didnt' have it on me at the time, well i'll ask to do it again , no one was infront of him but me all dps and ranged stay in a spot, i keep my back to the wall and him in a corner like we always do, so i'll give that a try and just tell them to keep me topped off or overhealed during phase 2 they probably just missed a heal or something only did it once, MT said he was just seeing if i could do it, and that i did good job, wanted to see if we'd be ok with ZA and we were, did bear and eagle boss our first time in there.
Shadraak

Postby Ashmadai » Thu May 22, 2008 1:59 pm

He can burst about 12k in no time in phase 2 if you get bad luck with dodges during that time. It's just a fact of life. Pop nightmare seeds and Ironshields if you want to do your part to avoid this, and make sure a healer is not leaving a shadow word: pain on you during this phase or it makes it that much harder to heal you through it.
Ashmadai

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu May 22, 2008 2:21 pm

He's actually the easiest with a pally tank because of the low crushings.
1: Healers must wake up
2: DPSers can't melee him unless they're behind him

take care of those and the parrygib issue is over. Simple like that.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Shadraak » Thu May 22, 2008 2:22 pm

i'll just chock it up to bad healers all themelee we had was behind him the whole time
Shadraak

Postby Fridmarr » Thu May 22, 2008 3:04 pm

Ashmadai wrote:He can burst about 12k in no time in phase 2 if you get bad luck with dodges during that time. It's just a fact of life. Pop nightmare seeds and Ironshields if you want to do your part to avoid this, and make sure a healer is not leaving a shadow word: pain on you during this phase or it makes it that much harder to heal you through it.

Good advice. Ironshields in particular are a good source of mitigation in phase 2. I'm not sure you were parry gibbed, he attacks so fast during phase 2 that I don't think a parry hasted swing would be measurably faster. He does have a Thrash ability, which was more likely the cause.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Seloei » Thu May 22, 2008 11:49 pm

If you can't afford ironshields then get the oldworld greater stoneshield pots (cost 50 times less per pot on TH). As soon as p2 hits pop a armor pot and (if you have) equip an avoidance sword.

The only way to die in p2 to burst damage as a paladin with holy shield up, is bad healers or a infernal spanking next to you. With holy shield up all the phase the highest burst you can get is 4-5k damage every 2s total + shadow word pain (which you should cleanse yourself). Also if a dps was higher than you on threat it is possible that you got enfeebled (which wasn't the case atm?)
Seloei

Postby Ashmadai » Fri May 23, 2008 7:27 am

With holy shield up all the phase the highest burst you can get is 4-5k damage every 2s total

That's not actually true. You can easily take over 10k from a Thrash in phase 2. I have over 20k hp while fighting this guy with 2 outstanding healers, and it's still not out of the question for me to dip below 50% with bad luck.
Ashmadai

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri May 23, 2008 7:33 am

6k and 3k hits onj people on his gear level, right? thrash adds a new attack for a round, so he can hti you up to three times in 1 second and a half. That's easy 15k damage
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Stilgarr » Wed May 28, 2008 3:56 am

Snake-Aes wrote:6k and 3k hits onj people on his gear level, right? thrash adds a new attack for a round, so he can hti you up to three times in 1 second and a half. That's easy 15k damage

I found that out the hard way twice on Sunday ;)

got him the 3rd time though and was only my 1st real run into Kara on this bloke too.
Stilgarr

Next

Return to Karazhan