Remove Advertisements

Curator: OT options...

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Whitehope » Fri May 23, 2008 3:27 am

We usually have an overabundance of healing for Curator so I just run around and whack things with a two hander. Might not be terribly effective, but it is cathartic.
Whitehope

Postby Stilgarr » Fri May 23, 2008 3:35 am

Take a SP with you, see if you can get them in your group, have them stay on Curator and soak the bolts = bye bye mana issues.

My old main is a shadow priest and when we did Curator I just stuck to him through the whole fight due to wank burst dps.

Next run you could always tank curator and have the warrior go DW and take orbs with the rest of the DPS. Unless you need the extra healing ofc.
Stilgarr

Postby djellum » Tue May 27, 2008 1:24 pm

if your Mt is a warrior or druid and you can stay alive you should be tanking curator since there dps contributes a lot more than you. If you cant survive yet, then heals and bolt soaking are the best duty probably.

I have always MT'd him but I have my OT warrior dps sparks and throw sunders on him to soak the bolts and it works well.

if your not going to MT id say heal from next to him and keep low level cons running to stay second on the list. as a bolt soaker you will be getting healed yourself and should be ok on mana if you conserve. extra heals are no small advantage in this fight early on, so dont feel useless just bacause its a 1 tank fight.

djellum

Postby Hoops » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:54 am

Get all range dps on the orbs, if its still not fast enough, put some melee on them. you only need 1 person on curator during orb phase so mix the numbers around and see what fits your gear level best.
Hoops

Postby Valschic » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:58 pm

I don't think anyone has mentioned this but the way the orbs work is they randomly target someone and go after that person until they've hit them once or are dead. So you can't "offtank" the flares lol.

Couple other things:
1. Locks, s-priests, feral kitties, and dagger rogues on curator the entire fight.
2. All other ranged and melee classes on flares
3. Assign your weakest dps to take down the last flare, everyone else burst curator during evocate.
4. Bloodlust about 10 seconds before evocate.

If there is a tankadin in the group he should tank curator, put the bear or meatshield in dps gear on flares.... end of story.
Valschic

Postby Aerfalle » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:42 pm

Pane wrote:
Cosmoz wrote:(warlocks can stay on curator, dots suck for adds)

Shadowbolt however doesn't :twisted:

Nah it still does. It's a long cast time and you're always going to be lacking ISB/curses in situations like that. That doesn't mean warlocks shouldn't kill them or shouldn't have to, however.

Warlocks make good hateful tanks anyway, we have decent health pools and we also have threat tools if needed.

I find what works out best is to group up and have melee kill the adds while ranged all stay on Curator.
Aerfalle

Postby Sarutankah » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:45 pm

I have offtanked Curator with SOV and ate all hateful's. Certainly not as good as when I do it on my lock but we still beat the encounter easily indicating that dps wasn't a problem so yeah - go stand by the tank stack sov and judge it every time.

I had no probs with mana and there's nothing like those huge sov judgements to make you feel good in evocation. It also leaves a lock or other dps to focus solely on how big a soulfire he can get in evocation.
Sarutankah

Postby Cosmoz » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:29 am

Pane wrote:

Prot paladin's task on Curator if you're not the tank is pretty meaningless. You can't tank the flares reliably, and if you're not getting hit well then good luck being in the top 5 agro, never mind being 2nd.

Hang back and heal me thinks.

warlocks are still terrible for killing flares. I remmeber when I was running Kara with my lock, many times the flares where dead when my bolt would hit....and if not, I never had time to cast more then 1 bolt. just stay on curator, and you can do way more damage. better let the fast damage classes kill the flares (shamans,mages,rogues,warriors,hunters ets ets) never locks or spriests
Cosmoz

Postby Sarutankah » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:18 pm

I mostly go as fire spec destro on my lock, seems to be much better burst and you get a nice conflagrate to use as a non reagent instant to finish stuff off.

Still change gear and go shadow/sac succy on fights like Prince cos I like the crits but for most stuff and especially trash/adds it's fire/crit/sac imp.

Just need to pick up some more haste gear to break 1k dps more consistantly with fire.. maybe make the spellfire set(I'm pretty average geared).

Curator is caek anyway.
Sarutankah

Postby ldeboer » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:33 pm

Sarutankah wrote:I have offtanked Curator with SOV and ate all hateful's. Certainly not as good as when I do it on my lock but we still beat the encounter easily indicating that dps wasn't a problem so yeah - go stand by the tank stack sov and judge it every time.

I had no probs with mana and there's nothing like those huge sov judgements to make you feel good in evocation. It also leaves a lock or other dps to focus solely on how big a soulfire he can get in evocation.

Alright for you alliance you get SOV we get SOB so its tank him or heal for hordies.
ldeboer

Postby Thebattle » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:01 pm

Morpheren wrote:ot? curator? lolwut? we usually just have a lock (or spriest if available) stay with me on him since the spriest sucks for burst dmg. A lock can just dot him (and continue to help with flares) till 50% mana then replace his agony with doom.

hmm normaly on my pala, im getting the arcane shots from curator automatecly pretty much, and im tanking flares, just hit em once with seal of righteous and then judge it on em, if you dont have aggro on em, tank the next one ;P
Thebattle / Paladin 70 / silvermoon
Evilshawn / Mage 70 / silvermoon
Thephantom / Warrior 70 / silvermoon
Faber / Warlock 70 / stormrage
And alot more.....
Thebattle

Postby Kellann » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:02 pm

Cosmoz wrote:
Pane wrote:

Prot paladin's task on Curator if you're not the tank is pretty meaningless. You can't tank the flares reliably, and if you're not getting hit well then good luck being in the top 5 agro, never mind being 2nd.

Hang back and heal me thinks.

warlocks are still terrible for killing flares. I remmeber when I was running Kara with my lock, many times the flares where dead when my bolt would hit....and if not, I never had time to cast more then 1 bolt. just stay on curator, and you can do way more damage. better let the fast damage classes kill the flares (shamans,mages,rogues,warriors,hunters ets ets) never locks or spriests

The flare is dead ~when the 2nd searing pain lands on it. Anything else is fail considering how groups nowadays *should* have *quite* a bit better gear than those of us who did it in the infancy of BC raiding.

/shrug

Personally I'd tell you to stay in tank gear and beat on curator until an evocate where you can steal the tanking spot with your cooldowns >_>
Kellann - Uther
Kellann

Previous

Return to Karazhan