Remove Advertisements

Netherspite beams

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Netherspite beams

Postby Pillar » Mon May 19, 2008 9:32 am

so another thread got me wondering something- can someone explain exactly what each beam does to netherspite?

from my experience:

blue beam: we usually place a shadow priest or warlock in here so they can heal themselves.
red beam: I tank it for a whole phase, dancing in and out (5 in, 5 out), next tank does the same when its his phase (although he has greater problems with it)
green beam: since this drains mana, we usually try to get a rogue in it, and our OT warrior. if the rogue can't run back fast enough from the rage phase, i step in and grab it.

is this a normal way? is there a better idea? and what does each beam do to the person in it, and do to netherspite if we aren't in those beams? Thanks!
Pillar

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon May 19, 2008 10:05 am

Sounds about right
Red beam ticks your health into full every second, gives you a start 30k more health and each tick take off 1k health. Stay there too long and you die at 1k max health. Whoever is in the red beam has aggro.
Green beam increases mp5 and healing done, I think, and reduces your mana pool and spell cost. Stay there and you'll run oom. A necessary evil if no rogue warrior or druid is around.
Blue beam increases damage done, damage taken and reduces healing taken. Heals based on damage(drain life, vampiric embrace) improve with this beam
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Mordinm » Mon May 19, 2008 10:30 am

Green Beam increases healing done by a player, reduces the mana/energy/rage cost of abilities by 1% or so each stack, fills the mana bar and reduces max mana by a set number each tick.

On Netherspite the green beam will heal him an increasing amount every tick. The first tick it heals 1% the second tick it heals 2% and the third it heals 3% so after three seconds Netherspite has been healed 6% total (1+2+3).

Red beam: First tick gives you a huge amount of life, each tick after decreases you max health and increases your defense, also refills your life every tick. The player in Red beam will always have agro.

If it hits Netherspite the red beam will give him a stacking buff that reduces the amount of damage he takes.

Blue Beam: Increases the amount of damage done and taken, Also decreases the healing done to you.

If Netherspite gets the blue beam all damage he does increases.
Mordinm

Re: Netherspite beams

Postby Lookit » Mon May 19, 2008 10:48 am

Pillar wrote:is this a normal way? is there a better idea? and what does each beam do to the person in it, and do to netherspite if we aren't in those beams? Thanks!

You definitely have the general idea down for each beam. If you want further details, take a peek here:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Netherspite

As has been mentioned, the most important beam to have someone in at all times is the green beam, as just a few seconds of it can replenish 10+% of Netherspite's health.
Lookit

Postby Joonho » Tue May 20, 2008 5:25 am

It might be just me, but I would recommend putting healers in the green beam.

The only time you should be taking damage is during the Portal Phases. The green beam gives your healers rediculous bonuses and is incredible for shamans/priests who can maximize their use of AoE heals. Went in there with my priest and my CoH was hitting for 8k and renews were ticking for 6k by the end of the phase. Yes, your mana pool will be nuked at the end, but regen should be nough to cover spot healing until the next time you get the beam.

IMO, it's too good a buff to neglect.
Joonho

Postby Tyranox » Tue May 20, 2008 5:38 am

I play a resto shaman, and to be honest, at netherspite, most of the time people are too spread out for Chain healing, i think a non mana using class is best for the green beam, its not like its very mana intensive to heal in the Portal Phase...nor in the banish phase for that matter..
Tyranox

Postby mazater » Tue May 20, 2008 5:47 am

Joonho wrote:It might be just me, but I would recommend putting healers in the green beam.

The only time you should be taking damage is during the Portal Phases. The green beam gives your healers rediculous bonuses and is incredible for shamans/priests who can maximize their use of AoE heals. Went in there with my priest and my CoH was hitting for 8k and renews were ticking for 6k by the end of the phase. Yes, your mana pool will be nuked at the end, but regen should be nough to cover spot healing until the next time you get the beam.

IMO, it's too good a buff to neglect.

Well, imagine you're a healer and you take the green beam for a whole phase.

When phases change, you will most likely have 0 mana in your mana pool and the debuff, wich makes you pretty much useless during the times you can't pick up the green beam.

What we do is: put rogues on the green beam, and healers can jump to the green beam whenever they want, but only for maximum of 10 seconds, so the ordinary beam taker doesn't get the debuff too soon.

In those 10 seconds, the healers get 1 or 2 ticks of the green beam, lowering their manapool by roughly 500, but they get their mana's to full and gain 10% more healing done.

Green beam also reduces the rage/energy cost of all spells, giving more DPS to warriors/rogues/ferlol druids.
mazater

Postby spiky_porcupine » Tue May 20, 2008 7:20 am

As a Prot Pali, I have tanked all 3 beams before. Red you just dance it. For green, use warrior/rogue if available, and if not, yourself since you only need about 800 mana for a judge during phase transitions to hold aggro.

As for Blue beam, this is trickier. I used lock/SP to tank it before, but I find it can get risky as the damage they take gets higher and higher than they can self-heal it and they often require a designated healer at higher stacks. Doable if they know to run out when they're taking too much damage, but otherwise I take it at times and holy light myself ^_^

Edit: For the green beam, healers can run through it for a couple ticks to regain mana when they need. Care not to stand in there for more than that since the beam taker will get the debuff and no longer be able to take it.
Last edited by spiky_porcupine on Tue May 20, 2008 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spikybunny:
Level 70 Draenai Protection Paladin
Spirestone
spiky_porcupine

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue May 20, 2008 7:25 am

spiky_porcupine wrote:As a Prot Pali, I have tanked all 3 beams before. Red you just dance it. For green, use warrior/rogue if available, and if not, yourself since you only need about 800 mana for a judge during phase transitions to hold aggro.

As for Blue beam, this is trickier. I used lock/SP to tank it before, but I find it can get risky as the damage they take gets higher and higher than they can self-heal it and they often require a designated healer at higher stacks. Doable if they know to run out when they're taking too much damage, but otherwise I take it at times and holy light myself ^_^
Hit capped warlocks of any spec should have it easy on blue beam and drain life spam. They have shadow ward for early soaking, and drain life scales fast, add fel armor to that and you have winners. 9k buffed hp should be more than enough, and I think the shadow aura procs nether protection.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Joonho » Wed May 21, 2008 12:07 am

Mazater wrote:Well, imagine you're a healer and you take the green beam for a whole phase.

When phases change, you will most likely have 0 mana in your mana pool and the debuff, wich makes you pretty much useless during the times you can't pick up the green beam.

What we do is: put rogues on the green beam, and healers can jump to the green beam whenever they want, but only for maximum of 10 seconds, so the ordinary beam taker doesn't get the debuff too soon.

In those 10 seconds, the healers get 1 or 2 ticks of the green beam, lowering their manapool by roughly 500, but they get their mana's to full and gain 10% more healing done.

Green beam also reduces the rage/energy cost of all spells, giving more DPS to warriors/rogues/ferlol druids.

I don't think you read what I typed out.

Bascially, the only time you need heals is during the portal phase, and if you group everyone up, AoE heals are godly. Why not make use of the healing benefit? One person in the green beam can pretty much heal the entire raid.
Joonho

Postby Samuelus » Wed May 21, 2008 12:13 am

ive always swapped red/green with another tank.. when in green I heal the tank...
Samuelus

Postby mazater » Wed May 21, 2008 12:15 am

Joonho wrote:
AoE heals are godly. Why not make use of the healing benefit? One person in the green beam can pretty much heal the entire raid.

A word: Range

I have seen my fair share of people dying due to healers not being able to get in range of heals.

You can't AoE heal here, since people spread out.

You are sitting in green beam -> you cant move and get to range of your healing target.

And no, most of the time people are unable to run to your healing range due to beams, voidzones etc.
mazater

Postby Joonho » Wed May 21, 2008 12:22 am

Hmm, I disagree.

Anywhere you stand you have access to run to Netherspite. The beams just divide the room into three sections. All you gotta do is run from where you are, to wherever Netherspite is standing. If your blue beam interceptor can stand in range of the healers, why can't the rest of the raid?

I'm not saying using a warrior/rogue for the green beam is bad, just saying your wasting a fairly nice buff when you do that. I would take advantage of the healing bonus since I only run with 2 healers.
Joonho

Postby Seloei » Wed May 21, 2008 12:26 am

If your having problems with a tank droping in the red beam (too high stacks or got hit for a lot while out of it) consider adding a second person into that rotation who picks it up. Any class can tank him if the blue beam is controlled in red beam.

As for green. We just have either the warrior/rogue or a random dps stand in there for a full phase and healers jump in when they feel like it, to get some mana back and the juicy bonus. During banish phase, everyone is quite close enough that chain heals most of the time hit the netherbreathed ones (get atleast 8k raidbuffed health to survive it).

Netherspite is the "REAL" coordination/raid check of the place. If you can't get him down, you probably will struggle on most other raid bosses where you need to move+think (which, for some is too difficult)
Seloei

Postby mazater » Wed May 21, 2008 12:27 am

Joonho wrote: I would take advantage of the healing bonus since I only run with 2 healers.

Well, the only person that needs healing in Netherspite is the person taking blue beam(affli locks and shadowpriests can heal themselves through it) and those not-so-clever people who insist on standing at voidzones.

Not too healing intensive fight imho, getting all out of DPS sounds better to my ear, but well that's just me.

I rest my case.
mazater

Next

Return to Karazhan