Remove Advertisements

Netherspite - how?

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Sielanas » Thu May 15, 2008 12:56 pm

Yes, key phrase was that the run was 10 paladins. He's cake in a normal group. We were attempting to stand in his center during the banish and keep dps up. You die from breath when you get hit twice, get the aura, and then when he comes back he smacks you first before the tank takes over.
Sielanas

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu May 15, 2008 1:03 pm

When you see he started breathing on you(not a tank), run behind him.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Cearn » Fri May 16, 2008 2:30 pm

why is everybody denying the usefulness of green-beamed healers? oO
Cearn

Postby Mordinm » Fri May 16, 2008 2:45 pm

Cearn wrote:why is everybody denying the usefulness of green-beamed healers? oO

It's not that they are not useful it's the mana drain. Green beam boosts your healing power a lot. Problem is with no tank to heal it does little good. Healing in that fight is about keeping your entire raid topped off. The only person who takes a lot of damage is blue beam tank and people tend to put warlock and shadow priests in there who heal themselves.

Basically you put a healer in the green beam and you drain their mana and most of the bonus healing they get is wasted in over healing as they top the raid off. That and a rogue in green beam can top the damage meters against any caster in blue beam.

For the 10 pally raid it might be a good idea to have your healers take green and have the green beam healer keep the blue beam ret pally up.
Mordinm

Postby ehly » Fri May 16, 2008 3:12 pm

We usually start out with a melee class like a rogue in the first green beam. Then have some healers cycle in it. One healer in the green beam can easily heal the entire raid w/o blinking. Especialy if they have hots, then its easy mode for them. During that time the other healer really has very little to do, so has no problems regaining mana and stepping into the beam on the next rotation.

If your dps is good, though you shouldn't have too many cycles to really worry about it.
ehly

Postby Mordinm » Fri May 16, 2008 3:39 pm

A couple of tips to help get him down faster in a 10 pally raid.

1. Never ever let the green beam hit Netherspite. It heal and heals quickly.
2. Don't let the red beam hit Netherspite. Most people have one tank get the red beam for a phase and step in a out to aviod getting too low on life and getting one shot. When the red beam is hitting Netherspite it is stacking a buff on him that reduces the damage he takes. Instead have the tank take the first 25 or 30 stacks of the red beam and then have a healing pally step in to red for the rest of the phase.
3. Have one person take blue beam the entire phase. It is a bit hard to heal someone who has 40 blue stacks which is why you may want a healer in green to spam the blue beam in the latter part of the stage.
4. Stay in during banish. If you are having trouble with Netherspite spinning after he starts casting netherbreath designate a spot for the netherbreath target to go so he is the only one hit. Be aware that whoever was in blue beam will likely have agro and get melee attacked. Make sure he does not come into melee range until the extra damage taken buff has faded and then make sure he slaps on a shield and keep him up.
Mordinm

Postby Monmo » Wed May 21, 2008 1:52 am

I handle beams like this:

Red beam: Myself, then offtank (or Rogue if we`re not using offtank that night)
Green beam: Offtank, then me
Blue beam: (Ranged DPS), then (Ranged DPS)

I like Warlock/Shadow Priest to be in blue beam though

Don`t worry about the green beam draining your mana. You`re not tanking it then, anyway. Just chug a mana pot once you get your mana back.
Monmo

Postby Rykis » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:32 am

Monmo wrote:I handle beams like this:

Red beam: Myself, then offtank (or Rogue if we`re not using offtank that night)
Green beam: Offtank, then me
Blue beam: (Ranged DPS), then (Ranged DPS)

I like Warlock/Shadow Priest to be in blue beam though

Don`t worry about the green beam draining your mana. You`re not tanking it then, anyway. Just chug a mana pot once you get your mana back.

We just recently lost our OT due to his work schedule and we have never tried netherspite yet. We did want to clear the whole place though.

Would it make sense to have a ret pally dance in the red beam w/ me? We also have a rogue, but I was hoping to throw him in the green beam (switched out w/ me).

My group is mana heavy. Only other person w/out mana would be our druid, but he is one our healers.
Rykis

Postby ldeboer » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:26 pm

[quote="Sweeney"]
I'd say a prot paladin shouldn't be tanking the green beam, period. Just seems too dangerous -- if your max mana hits zero and no one else is there to grab it, he heals up awfully fast.
[quote]

Huh misssed your point?

I tank from Green/Red switch with other tank all the time your mana hits zero big deal you arent needed to generate anything you can just stand there if you like.

For us its simple two tanks swap beams whoever is in green beam stays in cause they are going to be red next.

Start of the banish phase I am to next tank the red beam so I stay in.
I probably have 0 mana everyone else withdraws and I get a few heals as I get pounded on being only one in range make some mana back. Next phase begins whack him and find red beam and tank.

Mana is never an issue in this fight because the red beam guarantees agro you only need mana to keep holy shield up you could tank doing absolutely zero dps just keeping holy shield up standing in red beam and taking the hits.
ldeboer

Postby Retsah » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:12 pm

Wow. So many different ways to handle this encounter. It's making my head spin.

I'm a reletive Raiding n00b who is also quite anal. I don't like wiping and prefer to do my homework and one shot bosses whenever possible.

Would someone mind looking over my strategy below and see if it seems sound enough? Any and all suggestions are welcomed to make this as easy as possible. We have pertty good DPS so I'm not all that concerned about lasting to his enrage stage. I just basically took a combination of several things I've read:

Group usually consists of:

Tanks:
ProtWarrior
Tankadin

Healers:
Paladin1
Paladin2
Priest

Melee:
Shammy
Rogue

Ranged:
ShadowPriest
Mage1
Mage2

Start of fight: Netherspite is to be tanked at the doorway. This will allow everyone to get out of range during banish phase by heading towards the windows.

Red Beam:

Stage 1, Phase 1a: ProtWarrior on beam for 35ish seconds (Watch you're health. When it gets back to normal, you switch out)

Stage 1, Phase 1b: Paladin1 on beam until phase 2 begins

Stage 2, Phase 1a: Tankadin on beam for 35ish seconds (Watch you're health. When it gets back to normal, you switch out)

Stage 2, phase 1b: Shammy on beam until phase 2 begins (My thinking is that the first tick he will get 31,000 HP so he should be able to handle it until phase 2 starts up). Red beam is instant aggro so keeping the dragon on him isn't an issue as long as he's in the beam. Right as Banish phase is about to start, Shammy is to toss down a Searing Totem right where he is (During Banish phase, Netherspite should focus on trying to use his breath on the totem assuming everyone gets out of range).

--------------------------------------------

Blue Beam:

Stage 1, Phase 1a: Shammy on beam for 35ish seconds

Stage 1, phase 1b: Mage1 on beam until phase 2 begins

Stage 2, Phase 1a: ShadowPriest on beam for 35ish seconds

Stage 2, Phase 1b: Mage2 on beam until phase 2 begins

----------------------------------------------

Green Beam:

Stage 1, Phase1: Rogue in green beam the entire time.

Stage 2, Phase1: ProtWarrior in green beam the entire time.

----------------------------------------------

During Phase 2 EVERYONE run to the windows on the oppisite side of the room from Netherspite (He should be by the door where you came in).

A few seconds before phase 2 ends, Tankadin will head in and regain aggro. Get on your assigned beams, but there should be NO DPS until you see the tank on red beam again.

At the end of the first stage of Phase 1, Shammy should try to lay another Searing totem down to keep Netherspite pointed AWAY from where the group will be headed for the second stage of phase 2 (Windows). Since you'll be on blue beam for first stage, you'll want to move to one of Netherspite's sides and lay it down there.

The only ones who should need serious focus heals will be those covering the blue beams. Everyone else should just need spot heals here and there and HOTs.
Retsah

Postby ldeboer » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:06 pm

Retsah wrote:Wow. So many different ways to handle this encounter. It's making my head spin.

<snip>

The only ones who should need serious focus heals will be those covering the blue beams. Everyone else should just need spot heals here and there and HOTs.

Seriously I think you over complicated it thats alot of movement for your raid to remember and adjust for if someone dies (not that they should) ... what happens if shaman (a) dies .. whats the plan then :)

Retsah wrote:Start of fight: Netherspite is to be tanked at the doorway.

Okay you dont need to go that far there is a stage raised area in the room just tank him door side of that stage area he cant reach the window area from there.

When you start green beam will always be left red beam right and blue beam at the back at 120 degree angles. Tank engages from 120 degree right because he will not have to move for red beam. People should position accordingly and remember the beams always come from those 3 points but the colours move.

Everyone must stay out of the black void holes on ground like the void holes for the first boss Arc but in particular anyone in the blue beam as shadow damage is amplified.

Remember the blue beam is the least important beam and anyone can stand in it given you are running to the window tactic most of the raid will be near it basically assigned half the raid to it for one phaseA and the other half for phaseB then it matters not if someone dies.

The none tanking tank stands in the green beam and the tanking one beam dances the red beam. All the tank in the red beam has to do is watch his debuff count when it gets to 5 move sideways for 2-3 secs.
Exhaustion happens when out of the beam for +8 secs but to be honest never seen it he is going to agro on someone before that if you stand out too long because he goes back to normal agro table. If tank sees him agro on someone else stand back in beam. It's not really busy as a tank all you really doing is keeping your shield blocks up you dont even have to hit him :)

Try that as a start the most likely wipe is going to then be he enrages and you need to then work out how to up your dps ... use the blue beam better or else dps him when he is banished.
ldeboer

Postby Retsah » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:57 am

Thanks for the response! I guess I should've clarified the fact that the Smammy is BY FAR the most experienced of the lot of us. He's had raid experience in WoW since early Beta stages. That's why I give him the most work because I have more confidence in him than anyone else in our little guild. :)

I've considered the stance dance thing and may still try it. Thanks again for the response!
Retsah

Postby rabbel » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:27 pm

Just do the beam dance for red beam. Really. It saves a _lot_ of work and coordination. It's very easy to do, and neither me, nor one of our 3 Offtanks ever died because of the dancing. Make sure no one crosses the beam, as far as i know Netherspite will always attack the player who got the last stack of the red beam, when noone has one he will attack according to his aggro-table. I always use the following beam-assignments:

--- Phase 1 ----
Red Beam: Tank A for full duration (dances)
Green Beam: Rogue if available or Tank B for full duration
Blue Beam: DPS A for 30 Stacks, then DPS B for remaining duration

--- Phase 2 ---
Red Beam: Tank B for full duration (dances)
Green Beam: DPS Warrior if available or Tank A for full duration
Blue Beam: DPS C for 30 Stacks, then DPS D for remaining duration

You can easily take the green beam for the full duration even as a prot pally, when I'm on my way back from the windows I usually have enough mana to throw a shield and a judgement, which is more than enough to get him away from the healers until the beams arrive. Pop a pot if you don't. If you have a well geared Warlock or Shadowpriest available, they can take the blue beam for full duration because of their nice self healing, but still require help from a healer. Usually I assign one healer (preferrably holy pala, but rarely available for our group) for the guy in the blue beam only, the other healer for the rest of the group. Works perfectly fine, and can easily be done without outstanding gear.
rabbel

Postby ldeboer » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:56 am

rabbel wrote: Make sure no one crosses the beam

I saw this happen one night and laughed ... the offender thought it was like in ghostbusters "dont cross the beams" and nothing to do with them :)

What happened was the red beam was coming from the back and I was in it they were on one side of the window the rest of the raid were on the other.

Guess what they did :)

Yep they walked thru the red beam behind me .... Fastest wipe you ever seen.
ldeboer

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:25 am

Retsah, you really just need 2 people for red-green and 2 for blue. The tanks can alternate red and green, it really doesn't matter because you can take multiple beams without affecting each other. The "Dance" you do on the red is just sidestepping in and out of the red beam so the debuff stacks slowly, keeping your health high. No need to dance on green, and spriest/warlock don't need to dance on the blue either.

Wherever he is if you pull him out of the plateau is a good tanking spot. He has a HUGE attack area, so you can approach and sidestep that he won't move, just spin.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Karazhan