Remove Advertisements

Netherspite - how?

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Netherspite - how?

Postby Sielanas » Wed May 14, 2008 5:07 pm

We cleared all of Kara last night, wiping once within the first ten minutes and on Prince due to some bad infernals. Netherspite kicked our butts.

We fought over who stood in the green, managed to rotate blue appropriately, but we kept calling for resets at around 50% because there was no way we would beat the enrage and we had deaths from bad breath/aura combos.

Relevant info: it was a 10 paladin group.
Sielanas

Postby Cearn » Wed May 14, 2008 5:32 pm

how do you die from breaths? oO
and if you can't beat the enrage timer (consider hammertime) you need more rets i guess...
Rets should actually love this fight as they can burn mana and just get a few ticks (or half a phase) of green beaming.
Cearn

Postby Shadraak » Wed May 14, 2008 6:33 pm

well the way i've done it the last 3 weeks, now mind you i'm the OT, i take green first time till banish, we run to the windows, then i take red, then after banish i go green, back and forth usually
Shadraak

Same same

Postby ldeboer » Wed May 14, 2008 10:38 pm

Shadraak wrote:well the way i've done it the last 3 weeks, now mind you i'm the OT, i take green first time till banish, we run to the windows, then i take red, then after banish i go green, back and forth usually

Exactly as we do it red and green aren't generally the problem cause the 2 tanks are used to switching.

Usually its the DPS switch on blue that problematic they are used to just standing :)
ldeboer

Postby Seloei » Wed May 14, 2008 11:51 pm

You need someone to control green beams always, or he heals for a lot.

2 people on constant green rotation (one first time, then the second).
2-4 people on red beam (half and half rotation if you can't side-step-dance to not get insta gibbed) pair's or one per phase
4 people on blue (half and half rotation, 30 stacks and move out of way)

The person to "take over" a beam should be standing in front of the other person who has the beam. Don't cross beams or you get a debuff and can't get it.

If you can't heal through the netherbreaths, don't stay near him and remove totems/pets when he goes into that phase. This is the "hardest" fight in karazhan because it actually requires thinking and moving and reacting. The 3 stats which most early raiders lack.
Seloei

Postby jere » Thu May 15, 2008 6:01 am

We have always done:

2 red beam tanks - MT/OT that do the "beam dancing"
2 green beam tanks - anyone without a mana bar
2 blue beam tanks - one warlock and one other. I typically make sure the other is tanking blue when I am not tanking red, so I can focus heal him in that phase. The warlock can typically keep himself at steady health, making it easier on the healers.

We run out on the banish phases, bandaging up if necessary to conserve mana.
jere

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu May 15, 2008 7:44 am

Ideally you want a rage/energy user in red beam. It cuts down their abililties' cost but doesn't cut down their mana/rage.

talking about spamming their high energy moves for free here.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Catriona » Thu May 15, 2008 7:52 am

Snake-Aes wrote:Ideally you want a rage/energy user in red beam. It cuts down their abililties' cost but doesn't cut down their mana/rage.

I thought that was green? Red's the tanking one.
Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Catriona

Postby guillex » Thu May 15, 2008 7:56 am

Catriona wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:Ideally you want a rage/energy user in red beam. It cuts down their abililties' cost but doesn't cut down their mana/rage.

I thought that was green? Red's the tanking one.

It is green.

But if it was a 10 pally group ... not much leeway there.

Have 2 people beam dancing the red, rotate on the green, and when he goes into banish for breath, make sure he's facing away from the raid.

Usually both tanks and a healer out, while the rest of the raid goes ranged DPS, but again, you don't have much leeway with that group.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu May 15, 2008 8:22 am

Yeah green >.> Sorry
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Shadraak » Thu May 15, 2008 9:25 am

jere wrote:We have always done:

2 red beam tanks - MT/OT that do the "beam dancing"
2 green beam tanks - anyone without a mana bar
2 blue beam tanks - one warlock and one other. I typically make sure the other is tanking blue when I am not tanking red, so I can focus heal him in that phase. The warlock can typically keep himself at steady health, making it easier on the healers.

We run out on the banish phases, bandaging up if necessary to conserve mana.

yeah that's what we do too, i'm in green when the MT is in red for first phase, then 2nd i'm in red he's in green, etc....
Shadraak

Re: Netherspite - how?

Postby Malecandra » Thu May 15, 2008 9:30 am

Sielanas wrote:We fought over who stood in the green, managed to rotate blue appropriately, but we kept calling for resets at around 50% because there was no way we would beat the enrage and we had deaths from bad breath/aura combos.

If you are running out during the banish phase, you are losing a lot of dps time. That would be your biggest enrage timer problem.

Also, half a cycle on the green beam does wonders for anybody out of mana. Usually on my cloth dps classes, I just steal the beam for 3 ticks to let it refill my mana bar. Just don't steal it long enough for the main beam taker to get the debuff.

I normally put the people with the most HP in the blue beam if we don't have 2 locs. As a tank, I'm often in first red/second blue (full rotations on each).
Malecandra

Postby Shadraak » Thu May 15, 2008 9:41 am

ah green fills your mana and then drains it right? so i should be stepping in and out and like a rogue or something shoudl be in it constantly that could be the problem i have with every so often havign problems hitting netherspite before i can get in the red beam casue i have - mana lol
Shadraak

Postby sweeney » Thu May 15, 2008 9:52 am

Nope, you want someone with a rage/energy bar in the green beam, all the time. If you don't have 2 of those to spare then other people can swap in and out, but the green beam should not ever be touching Spite. (I remember watching in despair as one of our new ferals slowly keyboard turned to intercept the green beam... in a couple of seconds Netherspite was up 10% HP.)

I'd say a prot paladin shouldn't be tanking the green beam, period. Just seems too dangerous -- if your max mana hits zero and no one else is there to grab it, he heals up awfully fast. I usually stand next to the red beam tank and throw weak little raid heals while beating on Spite with JoW/SoW up so I'll have enough mana to grab him when it's my turn.

If you're having trouble with the blue beam (either people can't get the rotation right or they keep dying), I'd leave blue alone. It's the least important one. Alternately leave a lock in it, Drain Life alone does most of the work to keep them up through the whole 30 seconds.

Once you get the beam dance down solid, you should be able to take him down even with 3-4 people (who aren't important to the dance) dead. You can pretty much screw everything but the beams up and still beat the timer. (Which is excellent practice for post-Kara fights, where you have to do the dance *and* perform your class role well at the same time.)
Sweeney: 80 Paladin, Runetotem
sweeney

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu May 15, 2008 10:16 am

Sweeney wrote:Nope, you want someone with a rage/energy bar in the green beam, all the time. If you don't have 2 of those to spare then other people can swap in and out, but the green beam should not ever be touching Spite. (I remember watching in despair as one of our new ferals slowly keyboard turned to intercept the green beam... in a couple of seconds Netherspite was up 10% HP.)

I'd say a prot paladin shouldn't be tanking the green beam, period. Just seems too dangerous -- if your max mana hits zero and no one else is there to grab it, he heals up awfully fast. I usually stand next to the red beam tank and throw weak little raid heals while beating on Spite with JoW/SoW up so I'll have enough mana to grab him when it's my turn.

If you're having trouble with the blue beam (either people can't get the rotation right or they keep dying), I'd leave blue alone. It's the least important one. Alternately leave a lock in it, Drain Life alone does most of the work to keep them up through the whole 30 seconds.

Once you get the beam dance down solid, you should be able to take him down even with 3-4 people (who aren't important to the dance) dead. You can pretty much screw everything but the beams up and still beat the timer. (Which is excellent practice for post-Kara fights, where you have to do the dance *and* perform your class role well at the same time.)
Being zeroed doesn't cut you off the beam, you still take it up the rear, it just doesn't do a thing since you're zeroed anyway.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Karazhan