Remove Advertisements

Prince and Nightbane

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Truckle » Wed May 14, 2008 2:31 am

Is there any chance a parry can occur after disengaging?

Even in the slightest?

I ask as I was tanking him last night, P2 I stopped autoattack and just worked Holy Shield, Exor, Cons as reccomended here but...

20:57'30.337 Truckle gains 79 Mana from Spiritual Attunement
20:57'30.712 Prince Malchezaar's Swing misses Truckle
20:57'30.712 Prince Malchezaar's Swing dodged by Truckle
20:57'31.946 Prince Malchezaar's Swing dodged by Truckle
20:57'32.196 Prince Malchezaar's Swing misses Truckle
20:57'32.228 Daneel's Healing Wave heals Truckle for 3471
20:57'32.696 Truckle gains 75 Mana from Spiritual Attunement

20:57'33.431 Prince Malchezaar's Swing parried by Truckle

20:57'33.431 Prince Malchezaar's Swing misses Truckle
20:57'34.868 Prince Malchezaar gains Swing of Truckle
20:57'34.868 Prince Malchezaar gains Swing of Truckle
20:57'35.868 Bloodyvine's Flash of Light heals Truckle for 1795
20:57'35.978 Prince Malchezaar's Swing misses Truckle
20:57'35.993 Prince Malchezaar's Swing misses Truckle
20:57'37.321 Daneel's Healing Wave heals Truckle for 3379
20:57'37.321 Prince Malchezaar's Swing hits Truckle for 5274 Physical damage (264 blocked)
20:57'37.337 Prince Malchezaar's Swing hits Truckle for 4263 Physical damage (264 blocked)
20:57'37.400 Prince Malchezaar's Swing misses Truckle
20:57'37.400 Prince Malchezaar's Swing misses Truckle
20:57'38.056 Truckle's Earth Shield heals Truckle for 790
20:57'38.056 Truckle's Greater Blessing of Sanctuary hits Prince Malchezaar for 63 Holy damage
20:57'38.071 Truckle's Holy Shield hits Prince Malchezaar for 273 Holy damage
20:57'38.071 Truckle's Greater Blessing of Sanctuary hits Prince Malchezaar for 62 Holy damage
20:57'38.071 Truckle's Holy Shield hits Prince Malchezaar for 274 Holy damage
20:57'38.071 Bloodyvine's Flash of Light crit heals Truckle for 2658
20:57'38.368 Truckle gains 79 Mana from Spiritual Attunement
20:57'38.368 Truckle gains 265 Mana from Spiritual Attunement
20:57'38.368 Truckle's Exorcism hits Prince Malchezaar for 998 Holy damage
20:57'38.368 Truckle's Greater Blessing of Sanctuary resisted by Prince Malchezaar

afaik.. I had disengaged ok and the loggs seem to support that as there is no entry for me attacking other than BoSanc/Holy Shield etc..

Anyone able to shed some light on this at all? Am I just being a retard and not looking at the logs right? :?
Truckle

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed May 14, 2008 4:49 am

That was you parrying him.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Re: Prince and Nightbane

Postby mazater » Wed May 14, 2008 5:03 am

sibi5454 wrote:Ok so tonight I was tanking prince, doing good and got into phase 2 and lasted in phase 2. But all of a sudden, my health just went to 0.

Deja Vu.

I was tanking prince some time ago, with abit over 20k hp fully buffed.

Phase 2 started, I had full HP...boom dead.

Prince WF hitted me for about 10k and then continued doing around 3k hits on me.

We had 3 fucking healers, and none of them casted a heal on me during the whole phase 2.

Yaargh, bitches /rant
mazater

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed May 14, 2008 5:05 am

Send the pedobear at them!
Mental diarrhea does that to healers. I remember doing 70% of the healing on the mt on a supremus fight a few weeks ago.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Catriona » Wed May 14, 2008 6:00 am

Supremus is seriously annoying as hell to heal, I always seem to find myself all the way across the courtyard when tank and spank phase starts. Plus people are so busy "OMGDPS"ing that they stand there when volcanoes spawn, and those things have some crazy range on them. I've found myself getting hit twice and I start moving the moment they start to spawn with good latency.

Phase 2 started, I had full HP...boom dead.

Prince WF hitted me for about 10k and then continued doing around 3k hits on me.

We had 3 fucking healers, and none of them casted a heal on me during the whole phase 2.

It doesn't sound like phase 2 lasted very long by the way you described it ("phase 2 started... boom dead"), not that I'm saying it wasn't your healers' fault. ;) There's no reason you shouldn't be getting healed constantly at that point.
Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Catriona

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed May 14, 2008 6:24 am

Catriona wrote:Supremus is seriously annoying as hell to heal, I always seem to find myself all the way across the courtyard when tank and spank phase starts. Plus people are so busy "OMGDPS"ing that they stand there when volcanoes spawn, and those things have some crazy range on them. I've found myself getting hit twice and I start moving the moment they start to spawn with good latency.

Yeah i've done the fight as any of the three roles and know that well.

But doing 70% of the healing as prot(by 70% i mean over the course of the whole fight) was plain....odd.
Same for dieing to any kind of fire. I found it was surprisingly easy to avoid the volcanoes: Don't stop moving. If one spawns on you you're already leaving and will take a tick, max.

I'd rather stop dpsing than risk dieing and not being there for the tank phase.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby mazater » Wed May 14, 2008 6:30 am

Catriona wrote:It doesn't sound like phase 2 lasted very long by the way you described it ("phase 2 started... boom dead"), not that I'm saying it wasn't your healers' fault. ;) There's no reason you shouldn't be getting healed constantly at that point.

It lasted long enough for a healer to throw out a few greater heals, 10 seconds or so x_x
mazater

Postby Catriona » Wed May 14, 2008 6:55 am

Mazater wrote:
Catriona wrote:It doesn't sound like phase 2 lasted very long by the way you described it ("phase 2 started... boom dead"), not that I'm saying it wasn't your healers' fault. ;) There's no reason you shouldn't be getting healed constantly at that point.

It lasted long enough for a healer to throw out a few greater heals, 10 seconds or so x_x

O.o

If phase two lasted <10 seconds, WTB your DPS.
Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Catriona

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed May 14, 2008 6:59 am

I'm fairly sure "lasted" there was about the tank's health :p Quickest i've gone in there was 20 seconds phase2, with full t6 group and me going buckwild on threat.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Truckle » Wed May 14, 2008 6:59 am

Snake-Aes wrote:That was you parrying him.

Doh.. course it was.. lol, sry.. I was just being a retard then ;)
Truckle

Postby Minn » Thu May 15, 2008 11:18 pm

As of patch 2.4.2, the 2 minute cooldown PvP trinket only costs 8000 Honor Points. If you can retain uncrushable wearing it, you'll have a very handy fear break that's up a couple times during the fight.
Minn

Postby Seloei » Thu May 15, 2008 11:49 pm

Truckle wrote:Is there any chance a parry can occur after disengaging?

Even in the slightest?

I ask as I was tanking him last night, P2 I stopped autoattack and just worked Holy Shield, Exor, Cons as reccomended here but...

*snip*
20:57'33.431 Prince Malchezaar's Swing parried by Truckle
*snip*

afaik.. I had disengaged ok and the loggs seem to support that as there is no entry for me attacking other than BoSanc/Holy Shield etc..

Anyone able to shed some light on this at all? Am I just being a retard and not looking at the logs right? :?

You parried his attack, hence you would have gotten the "parry haste" bonus if you were swinging. The thing you are trying to avoid is "Truckle's Swing parried by Prince Malchezaar. You read the log the other way round as it should have been :)
Seloei

Postby GothicPL » Fri May 16, 2008 11:08 am

holysoldier wrote:not to hijack the thread but i have problems picking him up when he lands. i've thrown my shield and exorcised and it seems if i happen to hit him when he is just above the ground it doesn't get aggro. do i just need to time it better to have it hit him when he lands? this week i'm actually going to run up to him and start swinging at him and judge him i think, but usually i just stand in my spot and try and get him back with shield/exorcism.

Yes, pick him up right after he lands, not as he lands or before he lands. Also, he lands in a slightly different spot every time (the new spots are farther and farther to your right if you tank him against the outer ledge.) Tell melee to get back a little to make turning him possible without tail swiping them.

I second the advice of others and strongly recommend a 2 minute PvP trinket. I use it in place of a stamina trinket so that I don't lose uncrushability.

For the tank, the Nightbane fight is all about the pick up and positioning. Once you get that figured out, it's pretty easy.
GothicPL

Postby Bavarian » Mon May 19, 2008 10:45 am

holysoldier wrote:we do this fight with one priest and the best way we've found to do it is have 2 groups on either side of tank. make sure each group has a healer in it and they know get outta range of fear. this way whatever direction your feared to you'll have a healer to heal you.

not to hijack the thread but i have problems picking him up when he lands. i've thrown my shield and exorcised and it seems if i happen to hit him when he is just above the ground it doesn't get aggro. do i just need to time it better to have it hit him when he lands? this week i'm actually going to run up to him and start swinging at him and judge him i think, but usually i just stand in my spot and try and get him back with shield/exorcism.

We also used the split group/healer thing and it worked out well with only one fear ward, eating one fear. One thing I noticed too was our DPS was high enough that generally, on the fear I was eating, he'd take two swings at me and then go into air phase. So I guess good DPS was helping there too.

In regards to picking him up on landing, yeah, wait till he hits the groud and just go over and over the fact that ALL DPS STOP when he's getting close to the ground and give you a second to build up some aggro.
Bavarian

Postby Olen » Wed May 21, 2008 10:45 pm

Nightbane
Macro for Nightbane if you're short Fear Wards and Totems (someone mentioned using this earlier, this one's just more lengthy and dressy)
/cast Divine Shield
/cancelaura
/cast Exorcism
/stopcasting
/cast Judgement
Fairly simple, it DS's out of Fear, cancels DS, Exorcises and Judges

As far as the pickup after an air phase...I've actually recorded video of Nightbane landing next to me, being Exorcised, then taking flight again after definately touching down and landing on my opposite side. I can't say for sure if the Exorcism got credit for the threat, but it was sketchy. Having someone point out the spot he lands it useful so you can drop an early cons between there and your tank position.
I prefer to pull with MD (if available) and Avenger's Shield, saving Exorcism as a backup in case the AShield is timed too early and you don't get threat from it. In any case I tell my DPS to hold back until they're sure I've got him because I'm a noob. They don't listen and we get it done. :)

Prince
Another experience of mine. Tanking Prince, my health dropped to 1hp. I never lost aggro, though as already stated this could have been because DPS was above me but not far enough to pull hate. The odd thing is, I continued to hold aggro and live all the way through the Shadow Nova (w/e its called). I can see a very lucky string of avoidance carrying me that long, but combining that with a full resist of the Shadow....I don't see it happening. For this reason I think it was just a bug where somehow it was reported that health dropped from the Enfeeble but I actually never received the effect. I can't explain it any other way. Dropping Prince after the MT was enfeebled was quite a feat, but one I don't feel I can actually explain.

More Prince, Questions
1)Is my understanding correct, that ANY melee'er in front of Prince can cause him to Parry and gain the decreased next swing time effect, and it will be directed toward his current target, the MT?
2)Also that there is a buffer .5 yards behind any mob where you're actually considered in front of them for purposes of dodge/block/parry. So a rogue standing barely behind/on top of Prince could envoke a Parry?

Thanks,
Olen of The Infidels, Alliance side Kul Tiras
Olen

PreviousNext

Return to Karazhan