Remove Advertisements

Morose no cc??

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Duzzit » Tue May 20, 2008 1:31 pm

looking at the gear I say, you can if your healers are good, and you will use ironshields etc to help ya out you should do it, though I advise to try to make the dpsers work hard to relieve stress.

Duzzit

Postby Ashmadai » Tue May 20, 2008 1:50 pm

Yeah, I'm sure you can handle it then. It makes the fight a little bit more exciting for sure, and it feels really good to be able to easily do it I must say, since it was only about 2 months ago that I first stepped into Kara in almost all blues and was barely able to tank Moroes by himself, hehe.

I thought it was going to take a lot longer than 2 months to go from my first Kara with 12k unbuffed to 16k unbuffed and tanking everything in t5, hehe.
Ashmadai

Postby Bavarian » Wed May 21, 2008 11:14 am

We went in last night and I started getting stressed out almost instantly looking at my group make-up. One hunter and no other CC. I had multiple suggestions to just go on to Maiden, BUT I thought, hey, I've been reading :) that this is very do-able with little or no CC.

We ran myself and a pretty well geared pally OT. Easiest clear we've had. It'll be darn hard going back to trying to CC everything... it just seems to get messy that way now that I see how easy this was.

Killed SP asap, hunter trapped holy I believe, I frisbeed Moroes, exorcised ret pally, other pally frisbeed moroes, exorcised prot warrior.

The group was picking the targets off us before I knew what was happening! Everythign was killed so quickly I was chattering away on vent wondering WTH everything was. Dead came the reply! Nice!

Fun times!!
Bavarian

Postby Tiranknight » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:00 am

Just had a few questions about the Moroes fight but didn't want to start a new thread asking about it.

Guild is a fairly new one to Kara, we've got Attumen down no problem, but once we head up the stairs is where the troubles begin. For some reason Moroes and his adds just own us.
First time we tried a strategy of Burning down all the Adds first while keeping 3 Adds CC'd (Hunters Ice trap, and Priest Shackle) and then just rounding off the kill order till they were all dead. That seemed to work pretty well except for the problem of attrition by the time all were dead the Healers were scraping the barrel of their mana reserves, and eventually just went OoM when Moroes was like at 20%, and people were just getting taken down by the Garrote's...

then we tried to Burn down 2 adds, and have everyone on Moroes while keeping 2 Adds CC'd, that worked the best as we got him down to %8, can't remember exactly how we wiped from there but I think it was because I (the main tank) was afflicted by Garrote, and the Healers just had too much damage to keep up with, and eventually they ran out of Mana as well...after doing everything they could to keep me up. I believe the offtank was lost shortly there after.

We also tried a strategy of Just burning down 1 add, while trying to keep 3 adds under CC during the fight. In theory we thought the faster we could down Moroes the less we would worry about Healers going OoM from Healing multiple Garrotes. That didn't work out as well as we thought simply because it is hard for people to keep things under CC for so long while concentrating on other things as well such as dispelling, healing.. Shackles broke, Ice traps broke and the adds were causing trouble.

I don't exactly know how to approach this fight anymore... We are in progression content but we meet gear requirements for this fight, the Healers are a little on the under side but they can still do it. For 1 run we had 3 Healers for this fight... but somehow we always ussually lose one early on in the fight without knowing exactly how. Either Moroes is Gouging the MT, then blinding the OT, then ripping a Healer... or a CC'd mob is breaking CC and a guy like the MS Warrior is creaming our healers.

Guild leader is suggesting next run we just skip Moroes all together and move on to Maiden, but it's discouraging to have a boss get the best of you. I want to bring him down...
Tiranknight

Postby sbeacher » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:57 pm

Maybe its a gearing thing but I never really noticed this as problem. We generally burn bloodlust at the beginning and kill the two female types and either CC the two melee or leave the prot warrior up to stand in my Consecrate and whack me outta gouge.

This isn't accurate. When you get gouged any adds on you will ignore you and run to the second person on their threat list until you come out of gouge. The main reason to hve this guy beating on you is moroes hits like such a girl that you will be out of mana in anything but entry level gear if he's the only one on you. But it's good to keep blessing of sacrifice up on whoever is 2nd on aggro.

Also I"ve never noticed the concussion blow.
sbeacher

Postby ldeboer » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:27 pm

Tiranknight wrote:Guild leader is suggesting next run we just skip Moroes all together and move on to Maiden, but it's discouraging to have a boss get the best of you. I want to bring him down...

Your are here so I assume you are a pally tank just try marking all the adds and the shadow priest to die first. Your other tank will be on moroes this his sole target.

I assume you have 3 healers at your level so 2 healers on you 1 on the tank on moroes.

You pull .. direct shield on moroes then drop consecrate as eveything comes toward you and start wailing on the shadow priest. All dps need s to know to kill the adds in order of marking and your other tank to know to keep moroes standing in your consecrate.

If the tank gets gouged or blinded moroes will come to you because you will be number 2 on his threat list. Soon as it breaks he will go back to tank. When all the adds are down dps and you start on moroes.

If your healers can master making sure to keep the odd heal on anyone with garrotte and he will be down.

I know its sounds crazy .. Try it ... you will be surprised how easy it is. This is the advantage of a pally tank.
ldeboer

Postby Cosmoz » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:46 pm

pull them all. have the shadowpriest as maintarget (or anyone else I guess, doesent realy mather) burn down the spriest. tank all adds in front of you, except moroes, he has to be behind you.
Just kill the adds in some order, I guess healer ---> stunners. last kill moroes.

tanking moroes behind you will keep him 100% on you. you will take some damage, so I guess you need better then "my gear is ready to let me try kara".
Stuns will obviously do some damage on you, but with 2 good healers you should be fine.

done this the past 2-3 runs, 2 healers, 1 tank (me) and 7 dps. fast and its fun.
Cosmoz

Postby JoeBravo » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:30 am

we actually aoe'd the adds this weekend with me (yodin) as badge/kara/blue geared tankadin. Didn't wanna go through tactics and everyone was buffed and full of hp/mana so i decided to ninja pull the whole bunch.
Having the raid going wtf in your own livingroom (LAN @ home) is priceless:

"WTF!"x9
"what target 1st?'
"fuck it, just aoe them"
"ok"

It was the smoothest kill ever and and they were still talking about it 2 days 'later 8)
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby solina » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:06 pm

Cobbled together an impromptu kara group last night.

Me, the 15.5k HP buffed tankadin
2 prot wars, undergeared
feral druid, undergeared
mage, very well geared
rogue, undergeared
enh shammy, ok geared
resto sham, well geared
holy priest, undergeared
holy/shadow hybrid preist, ok geared

Tried 4 Moroes pulls using the "traditional" method. 4 catastrophic failures.
(Adds: spriest, both pallies, prot war)

Tried the "crazy pally" method. Super easy.

Don't think I'll be doing "traditional" ever again.
solina

Postby solina » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:14 am

I got about 60 seconds into an AoE-tank Moroes fight last night before I realized RF was down.. lolz..

(no, we didn't wipe)
solina

Postby Sarutankah » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:58 pm

sure one of the adds dispels righteous - noticed it missing on me as well.
Sarutankah

Tank em all

Postby laslord » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:10 am

Two weeks ago we ran into a slight problem, no priests in the group. We didn't have fort, fear wards, nothing (lets say I'm glad we had a warrior and tremor totem for Nightbane).

We came to Moroes and I thought to myself, this is NOT going to work at all unless I grab them all. I had a very well geared warrior keep second aggro on moroes while AOE tanking the whole group of them.

That was the first time we did it that way, and I had not read this post at the time, but I'm glad other people have found it works well.... REALLY well.

We didn't have a single death, even gouge went smoothly. I will never ever ever do it any other way. Did that again this week, had two priests, went even smoother and my health never seemed to go below 75% the whole time.

Highly recommended if you've got the dodge for it, health and armour.

For all those wondering about attempting it, my stats were:

Armour: 17,300
Health: 19,000+
Spell dmg: ~530 (was using Flask of Blinding Light, and Wizard Oil)
Dodge: 24%
Parry: 16%
Block: 16%
laslord

Re: Tank em all

Postby solina » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:15 am

laslord wrote:Armour: 17,300
Health: 19,000+
Spell dmg: ~530 (was using Flask of Blinding Light, and Wizard Oil)
Dodge: 24%
Parry: 16%
Block: 16%

Nice stats. I definitely do it with less - my Buffed HP tops out at about 16,500 and Dodge is ~21%.

Edit: My DKPSig is about right for once.
solina

Previous

Return to Karazhan