Remove Advertisements

Morose no cc??

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Morose no cc??

Postby Shadraak » Sun May 11, 2008 7:15 pm

i've seen alot of vids on this mainly with a pally tank, i dont see how it's possbile with the priest draining mana on people etc... def. dont wanna be oom mysel then the whole crew dies, but just curious other than being way overgeared for it (t6 bt gear) when is an ok time to attempt this feat? my gear is quite nice now and i think i'mr eady to tank most of kara not OT it anymore and curious when i would be ok to run this once, by doing all the morose adds and no cc, cc seems to slow things down and cause problems ie, 1 bad break and wipes group :(..
Shadraak

Postby Invisusira » Sun May 11, 2008 7:22 pm

Mana draining should never be a problem in this fight because you always kill the shadow priest first.
Your gear may be a little light to try this, but then again, the only way to know for sure is to try =D
Invisusira

Re: Morose no cc??

Postby ldeboer » Sun May 11, 2008 7:27 pm

Shadraak wrote:i've seen alot of vids on this mainly with a pally tank, i dont see how it's possbile with the priest draining mana on people etc... def. dont wanna be oom mysel then the whole crew dies, but just curious other than being way overgeared for it (t6 bt gear) when is an ok time to attempt this feat? my gear is quite nice now and i think i'mr eady to tank most of kara not OT it anymore and curious when i would be ok to run this once, by doing all the morose adds and no cc, cc seems to slow things down and cause problems ie, 1 bad break and wipes group :(..

Exactly as Invis says mark the priest to die first. You have so much heals coming at you because of the damage you are taking the mana drain you wont even notice. If your mana bar will is anything but full I would be surprised.
ldeboer

Postby Shadraak » Sun May 11, 2008 11:22 pm

thanks guys new guild i'm in has been clearing kara every week pretty quickly, just running into guild drama right now :( so hoping i can make it this week into kara last 2 weeks have been very nice, just no upgrades at all so i had to grind my sso rep etc...

i'm happy at a shield upgrade finally, was using that dragonheart shield for sooo long was tired of it... i like my gear but still feel alot of it needs to be fixed but hopefully finally having over 13k life i should be able to do most of that now
Shadraak

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon May 12, 2008 7:04 am

Shadow priest and sometimes holy priest aren't tanked at all. Just omgwtfpewpew them down. Any kind of interrupts/warlocks make killing her trivial. I wouldn't recommend tanking both moroes and all his melee adds if you don't have t5-ish gear, adding it all together may hurt a bit. You either give something for the other tank to do or butttank everything.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Kayoto » Mon May 12, 2008 7:48 am

The biggest danger that you should factor in when considering tanking a lot of Moroes' adds along with him is that the Protection Warrior and Retribution Paladin (I forget their names) both have very long stuns available to them. Hammer of Justice (from the Ret Pally) is cleansable, and isn't much of a problem if your dispellers are paying attention, but Concussion Blow is going to last the full six seconds, leaving you vulnerable to crushing blows and having no chance whatsoever at avoiding any of the attacks coming at you during that duration.

If you believe your gear and healers are good enough to survive through that, however (and also taking into consideration that the arms warrior may be present, so you MAY have the MS debuff on you), then you'll be fine tanking him + all his adds.

Otherwise, err on the side of safety and at least try to CC 1-2 of them.
Kayoto

Postby Seloei » Mon May 12, 2008 9:47 am

You don't need t5 gear to aoe tank moroes, even with just barely full kara gear i tried it the first time. Went oom before all adds were dead even...

Trick is to mark the shadowpriest to be killed first and fast, order all interupts on her. If you have a CAPABLE lock who is not asleep can lifetap as soon as you get gouged (before garrote is on someone) bosanc him and tell him to tap as soon as he sees moroes darting to group. That will break the gouge and he will come back to you. Later bosanc someone who has garrote and its smooth sailing.
Seloei

Postby sapientialb » Mon May 12, 2008 10:21 am

Kayoto wrote:, but Concussion Blow is going to last the full six seconds, leaving you vulnerable to crushing blows and having no chance whatsoever at avoiding any of the attacks coming at you during that duration.

Maybe its a gearing thing but I never really noticed this as problem. We generally burn bloodlust at the beginning and kill the two female types and either CC the two melee or leave the prot warrior up to stand in my Consecrate and whack me outta gouge.

I actually really like having the prot warrior as part of the litter since I can never seem to remember to BoSaC my dps warrior.

"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
sapientialb

Postby uke » Mon May 12, 2008 11:36 am

Our procedure that's worked everytime so far:

Me and a prot warrior tank the group.

Warrior gets first pull on Moroes and tanks him+adds at the bottom of the stairs, focusing solely on him. I immediately shield pull adds+exorcism on melee add and sit next to him, spamming consecrate to create a "black hole" of threat, while staying second on aggro on moroes.

Shadow priest dies first, then other caster, then rest of adds, then moroes. I tank the adds, warrior stays top tank on moroes while I keep him consecrated.

100% success rate using this method.
uke

Postby Lalecize » Mon May 12, 2008 1:34 pm

uke wrote:Our procedure that's worked everytime so far:

Me and a prot warrior tank the group.

Warrior gets first pull on Moroes and tanks him+adds at the bottom of the stairs, focusing solely on him. I immediately shield pull adds+exorcism on melee add and sit next to him, spamming consecrate to create a "black hole" of threat, while staying second on aggro on moroes.

Shadow priest dies first, then other caster, then rest of adds, then moroes. I tank the adds, warrior stays top tank on moroes while I keep him consecrated.

100% success rate using this method.

I do similar.

I exorcism the shad priest, pulling the lot, Warrior/Druid shoots/grabs morose, and stands with him in my consecrate. I tank all the ads, then swap onto morose - usually outthreatting the OT and grabbing Morose myself.

I cant remember if you can or cant, but hammer of wrath the shad priest, and hit an arcane torrent if your a BE. Mark a kill order for the non AoE'ers
Lalecize

Postby Biscotti » Tue May 13, 2008 8:08 am

I convinced our Kara group to try this for the first time last night and it worked really well. We used the 'offtank on the prot warrior' approach, with me BoSacing him till the first garotte, then BoSacing the victim. Our group wasn't that well geared (a few with T4, T5, badge gear, but mainly alts in instance blues / pvp epics). It was quite the smoothest, easiest first-time Moroes kill i've ever seen. Thanks for the tips, advice and encouragement. Highly recommended. :)
Biscotti

Postby Ashmadai » Tue May 20, 2008 8:37 am

I AoE tanked him with all his adds this past sunday on my Kara, and it was very anti climactic. =/ I thought it was actually going to be somewhat challenging.
Ashmadai

Postby Shadraak » Tue May 20, 2008 11:15 am

well i'm the OT, but now my gear should be quite well, i've gotten a few upgrades, feel free to check out his armory i'm wanting to move to MT status as now my gear is good enough i feel to be able to do that, but i'd like to try this once just dont know how to introduce it to the guild.
Shadraak

Postby Ashmadai » Tue May 20, 2008 12:30 pm

Shadraak, I can't look at your armory from work, but looking at your stats in your sig I would say trying to AoE Moroes and all his adds would not be wise to start. If you got MS debuff from the warrior you're probably going down. I'd get a little more geared before trying it. Unless of course your guild is mellow enough to have a wipe just to see if it would work, then give it a go! :D
Ashmadai

Postby Shadraak » Tue May 20, 2008 12:57 pm

yeah those stats aren't 100% i'll try to post exactly what i have....

hp: 13397
mana: 4578

def 491
dodge 22.04
parry: 15.64
block 20.15
armor: 15316
spl dmg: 244

anything else you need to know just ask:D
Shadraak

Next

Return to Karazhan