Remove Advertisements

Moroes Adds

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Moroes Adds

Postby Pillar » Tue May 06, 2008 2:15 pm

I spent awhile looking for posts with Moroes add's name/abilities/classes, but could not find any listed here.

Can someone provide me with a list of the adds (think there is a total of 6) and what they do/what order they generally need to be killed in or who needs to be constantly trapped? I don't think I have the gear level to AOE tank all of them yet.
Pillar

Postby Ariashley » Tue May 06, 2008 2:57 pm

The people at www.bosskillers.com already did a fabulous job of explaining which add is which, so I won't repeat all that here.

However, we usually kill the shadow priest, turn undead the holy priest/holy paladin, shackle either the mortal strike warrior or ret paladin, and let the prot warrior (if there is one) beat on the offtank. If we have both the mortal strike warrior and the ret paladin, we kill one and ice trap the other with a hunter's trap. It is also possible to do this fight without any real useful cc.

Without any useful cc (no hunters, no priests, just you as a paladin tank), then I set up a turn undead focus macro as /cast [target=focustarget] Turn Undead. You just select the mob you are fearing before the fight and type /focus to set it as a focus. Then we have a rogue on the first target with crippling and mind-numbing poisons, stunning as much as possible and kicking any spells. We get a warlock to pull that target off the rogue and burst it down. We still get the OT to take the prot warrior. I fear whatever is left with that macro, and the leftover one we have either a mage or a shaman slow it down and kite it around the room while we kill target 1 and then focus fire on target 2. We then kill the feared mob and leave the prot dude alone.
Ariashala - Level 70 Tankadin
Ariashley - Level 70 Rogue
Ariashley

Postby Pillar » Tue May 06, 2008 2:59 pm

cant see bosskillers at work, so thats why i asked here, lol
Pillar

Postby Solumin_AK » Tue May 06, 2008 3:33 pm

I'm guessing you don't have access to Wowhead from work either?
"I go barreling into mobs because I know my healer has my back. I am invincible because he is elite."
-Thorn/Hurin

Solumin_AK

Postby Solumin_AK » Tue May 06, 2008 3:37 pm

DOUBLE POST!!!

For your future reference (from wowhead.com):

Baroness Dorothea Millstipe (Shadow Priest)
Baron Rafe Dreuger (Retribution Paladin)
Lady Catriona Von'Indi (Holy Priest)
Lady Keira Berrybuck (Holy Paladin)
Lord Robin Daris (Arms Warrior)
Lord Crispin Ference (Protection Warrior)
"I go barreling into mobs because I know my healer has my back. I am invincible because he is elite."
-Thorn/Hurin

Solumin_AK

Postby Cosmoz » Wed May 07, 2008 1:51 pm

shackle? oh, we need a priest? nha, skip it. (hard to find)
offtank? instead of another DPS? NEVER!

just tank moroes and 2-3 more (pref melees) and let the group burst down the rest or kite/trap. I prefer a hunter more then any other class in this fight. they kite, they trap, and they are OT :) just bless the hunter with sac so when the tank (tankadin) gets saped it will imidiatly break when hunter gets hit. and you can continue tank everything.
Cosmoz

Postby Pillar » Wed May 07, 2008 2:01 pm

thank you very much for the help- it definitely helped us last night! (we beat it on first try, only lost 1 person)
Pillar

Postby Lalecize » Wed May 07, 2008 4:30 pm

I usually throw the offtank on Moroes and tank all the ads myself - no CC.

The OT stands in my consecration, which miraculously puts me second on threat on him.

Start off with an exorcism on the shad priest so your shield doesnt hit morose. Then when the OT gets stunned/sapped morose just pops over to you and takes some ret aura and holy shield.

Also means melee (rogues/shammys/dps warriors) don't have far to run when morose stuns the tank, and locks/mages can go nuts on seed of corruption/AoE.

This way its nice and easy. You wont need 16k hp to tank all the ads either, they don't hit too hard. It is very cool having the 4 adds and morose in one big consecration AoE circle :D

It will also impress your guildeys "WTF WE HAVE TO SHACKLE ONE!!1!!111!"
Lalecize

Postby Holyfuri » Wed May 07, 2008 7:08 pm

I personally always mark the shadow priest as the first kill target because of the mana drain.

I pull with avenger's shield, holy wrath everything at the bottom of the steps, and consecrate, exorcise moroes, and go to town. I let the dps nude the shadow preist down while she is on me, and I tell the OT (usually a feral druid) to just worry about keeping second on threat on moroes. Simple job, and I hold moroes and the other three adds.

Granted, you have to have a certain gear level to handle that becuase some of the adds stun you, and one of them will whirlwind, which can be hairy for any melee dps in your raid.

Best thing about it is if you do the fight like this successfully it's one of those things that will have people going "wow" afterwards. It's quite a cool way to do the fight, imo.
Holyfuri

Postby Seloei » Wed May 07, 2008 11:57 pm

OT for kara as a even blue geared tankadin? Gotta be kidding me. Tank em all and get atleast some decent mana back. The extra 500 damage per add is nice for it :P
We just burn the shadowpriest then the others in a random order and since the hunters are using multi shot, they are 2. on threat on moroes so even if i get gouged at start, he doesn't get to kill anyone and quite often with 2+ moroes bashing on me there is a very high chance one add breaks the gouge and moroes even doesn't move. BoSanc the first one who gets garrote and keep it up, if you are having problems with getting gouge'd before he does that, ask a melee dps to tank one of the adds and bosanc him til then. After a garrote is up, taunt the add off him and profit.
Seloei

Postby Mordinm » Thu May 08, 2008 8:53 am

Seloei wrote:OT for kara as a even blue geared tankadin? Gotta be kidding me. Tank em all and get atleast some decent mana back. The extra 500 damage per add is nice for it :P
We just burn the shadowpriest then the others in a random order and since the hunters are using multi shot, they are 2. on threat on moroes so even if i get gouged at start, he doesn't get to kill anyone and quite often with 2+ moroes bashing on me there is a very high chance one add breaks the gouge and moroes even doesn't move. BoSanc the first one who gets garrote and keep it up, if you are having problems with getting gouge'd before he does that, ask a melee dps to tank one of the adds and bosanc him til then. After a garrote is up, taunt the add off him and profit.

Be a little wary of advice like this. A lot of people in higher end raid gear don't have a very good concept of what is was like back when they were really in blues. If you are in blues and try to pull off tanking all adds with the arms warrior and ret pally you'll be dead a couple of seconds after the ret pallies HoJ lands on you. With MS and 0 advoidance due to stun you'll need T6 healers spaming you to have a chance of getting though it alive.

If you've got the prot warrior, holy pally, and holy priest then go for tanking them all they'll hit for next to nothing and you won't need to be worried.
Mordinm

Postby sweeney » Thu May 08, 2008 11:28 am

I still make sure we're handling the Ret Paladin or MS warrior with CC. There's just no reason to heal through a stunned or MS'ed tank.

Mind you, if something goes wrong I've tanked them for half the fight. I keep Free Action pots with me on raids (and Hammer of Justice is cleansable, which I keep trying to tell the healers), so being stunned isn't that big a deal after a few mobs are down. But if it happens early it's like Moroes getting a random exra gouge -- not pretty.

The MS warrior, amusingly enough, is actually the easiest to hunter trap. He loves to stop and whirlwind so he's trivial to kite between traps. (I'm lucky that my wife plays a BM hunter and has had a lot of practice at peeling mobs off me to CC. I'm at the point personally where I'd often rather trap than poly/shackle, since she can place the mob far out of consecrate without me having to reposition.)
Sweeney: 80 Paladin, Runetotem
sweeney

Postby Ankh » Thu May 08, 2008 1:44 pm

Mordinm wrote:
Seloei wrote:OT for kara as a even blue geared tankadin? Gotta be kidding me. Tank em all and get atleast some decent mana back. The extra 500 damage per add is nice for it :P

Be a little wary of advice like this. A lot of people in higher end raid gear don't have a very good concept of what is was like back when they were really in blues. If you are in blues and try to pull off tanking all adds with the arms warrior and ret pally you'll be dead a couple of seconds after the ret pallies HoJ lands on you. With MS and 0 advoidance due to stun you'll need T6 healers spaming you to have a chance of getting though it alive.

If you've got the prot warrior, holy pally, and holy priest then go for tanking them all they'll hit for next to nothing and you won't need to be worried.

Wrong, have 1 tank 1 healed all of kara just fine. Badge gear does wonders.
Ankh

Postby dmok » Thu May 08, 2008 1:49 pm

Ankh wrote:Wrong, have 1 tank 1 healed all of kara just fine. Badge gear does wonders.

Badge gear is onpar with most t6 gear. Therefore he is more correct than you may have thought.
dmok

Postby Mordinm » Thu May 08, 2008 2:11 pm

Ankh wrote: Wrong, have 1 tank 1 healed all of kara just fine. Badge gear does wonders.

I'm glad you're doing well in kara. So a tank in full blues should be able to tank the ret pally add the MS warrior add and Moroes at the same time because you can one tank kara in epic badge gear? Seems a bit of a logical jump to me, perhaps you'd care to explain how they relate?
Mordinm

Next

Return to Karazhan