After kara?

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Ariashley » Tue May 06, 2008 2:48 pm

Aleriya wrote:A guild on my server did it like this:

Kara (+badge gear) --> Bear and Eagle boss (ZA) --> Rage Winterchill (Hyjal) --> The Lurker Below (SSC) --> Leotheras (SSC) --> Lynx and Dragonhawk boss (ZA) --> Anetheron (Hyjal) --> Hexlord and Zul'jin (ZA)

Kind of odd, but it worked 0_O

Doesn't it make your heart break just a little though?

Everytime I get attuned for something, they take away the attunement. I'm convinced there is a GM that follows me around. As soon as I achieve anything cool, this happens; Ariashley's Stalker GM: "I hear Ariashley got attuned for BT and Hyjal. Within 10 days of that event, let's be sure to announce that the attunement will no longer be required with the next patch and complete scrubs can run around with loot from a T6 instance since we made the first 2 bosses insanely easy. Oh, also, let's make some of the badge loot a LOT better than the T6 (like the badge pants)."

I seem to open a lot of tickets in WoW because I accidentally get looted (by the raid leader, who may very well do it on purpose) raid gear all the time for warriors or casters and I always get one of the same 2 or 3 GMs, who always waits until the middle of a boss fight (like Archimonde) to appear in his swirl of smoke. After I point out that the accidentally looted gear doesn't have any useful rogue stats (even if it looks amazing on), I always make sure to ask for something I know he can't do at all, like convince the doomfires to chase down a specific hunter for complaining too much in vent or implement a reliable tankadin spell interrupt in the next patch. I am also quite fond of asking for buffs to rogues, since rogues are sadly underpowered, like mana burning poisons and an 18 second immunity to stuns (so I can be more like hunters) and buffing expose armor to remove the effects of all armor so ret paladins, warriors and druids can be just like warlocks and mages and die immediately to my attacks.
Ariashala - Level 70 Tankadin
Ariashley - Level 70 Rogue
Ariashley

Postby Kelaan » Tue May 06, 2008 2:52 pm

Kara (+badge gear) --> Bear and Eagle boss (ZA) --> Rage Winterchill (Hyjal) --> The Lurker Below (SSC) --> Leotheras (SSC) --> Lynx and Dragonhawk boss (ZA) --> Anetheron (Hyjal) --> Hexlord and Zul'jin (ZA)

Part of my cries a little inside, and part of me wants to get to do the same thing. Being asked tp bring my T5-ish hunter to our "off-night" raids so that they can kill lurker/etc kinda sucks. :( (Then again, we had SEVEN paladins inthat raid. I was blessing everyone with Sanctuary. ;))
Kelaan

Postby Seloei » Wed May 07, 2008 12:37 am

That is beyond sad actually... They should not have removed attunements or made heroics so easy to enter. That just broke all the fun in progression and loads of bad players in high end zones.

as for the OP

After you can say "we clear kara with ease" start working on bear/eagle in ZA. Will take you a few weeks or more until you get the fights down to the dot and can start getting boxes. I wouldn't suggest going after dragonhawk after those 2 unless you have very awake and focused people who won't die on the bombs.
If you can spot 25 for gruul or mag, do that already. The fights there are not so hard and the reward for such a low time spent is big. (20g per player + epic gems from mag post 2.4)
Seloei

Postby Pane » Thu May 15, 2008 10:46 pm

That is beyond sad actually... They should not have removed attunements or made heroics so easy to enter. That just broke all the fun in progression and loads of bad players in high end zones.

Actually forced progression paths were a bit naff, imo. Pre-TBC there were guilds doing AQ40 before they were done with BWL. People doing Naxx before they were done with AQ40. I don't really know why this should be prevented. Let people have fun the way they want.

Also, I doubt I would have rerolled (or even have reactivated my account) if there was still a revered tag on heroic, and if I still had to go through the intense keying sequence to get into any raiding environment. It's unbelievably prohibitive for players going through the content again, unless they got nothing but time to burn.

Why the hell would I care if guild X is dragging a bunch of mouthbreathing morons through BT?
Pane

Postby Seloei » Thu May 15, 2008 11:45 pm

After keys were set to honored mode, puging people became horrid and you had to start avoiding them at all cost. Before you could atleast know for sure they know what they are doing or had a fair glimpse of it.
Getting attuned to t5 content takes just 1-2 hours of kill gruul+mag.
Getting attuned to t6 content takes a bit longer, but you need those attunement quests done anyway at one point.

And yeah, true. It made wow much "easier" for people who don't raid join up, with quite a few people who do know what they are doing going to higher places they couldn't before. But the fact is, 75% of the people who skipped a lot of lower content don't have a clue often what they are doing
Seloei

Postby Pane » Thu May 15, 2008 11:55 pm

But the fact is, 75% of the people who skipped a lot of lower content don't have a clue often what they are doing

Oh I agree on that. But then I avoid pugs like the plague. Always have; I just don't have the stomach for it. I grab a couple guildies and I'm on my merry way and if no one's in the mood I just run my mining route and chat or do my dailies.

I think that people who make that alternative progression mentioned earlier WORK, aren't to be considered clueless, at least not on the level of bad heroic pugs.
Pane

Postby nipherdil » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:46 pm

going back to main topic of after kara, what would be a good goal for tank stats going into ZA or gruul. I still have yet to MT kara, just cuz I normally pug into a group /w a t5/6 tank. But I feel that Ive just about got all the gear I can out of kara and I would like to start thinking about moving on.
nipherdil

Postby Arcand » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:53 pm

The bear in Zul'Aman is like Prince Malchezaar phase 2. If you've tanked Prince a couple times with no issues, go get the bear. (And be ready, 'cause the bear-riding trolls just before him hit nearly as hard as he does.)

Halazzi the Lynx Avatar in Zul'Aman hits quite a lot harder then Prince - or at least, he hits somewhat harder and has several abilities which divide your healers' attention, so he's much scarier to tank than Prince.
Arcand

Postby UMIO » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:48 am

shouldn't they have done VR somewhere?
UMIO

Postby Falkman » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:54 am

nipherdil wrote:going back to main topic of after kara, what would be a good goal for tank stats going into ZA or gruul. I still have yet to MT kara, just cuz I normally pug into a group /w a t5/6 tank. But I feel that Ive just about got all the gear I can out of kara and I would like to start thinking about moving on.

Me and my warrior offtank land between 17-19k hp fully buffed (I have a bit more than him since my gear is better), depending on the raid setup and which consumables we use, and this works fine for the bear and eagle in ZA.
Barbossa, lvl 80 human tankadin
Jazine, lvl 80 draenei shaman
Ywaine, lvl 80 draenei death knight
Falkman

Previous

Return to Karazhan