Remove Advertisements

Kara Bosses (Please Read)

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Mishdorf » Thu May 15, 2008 9:21 pm

Cosmoz wrote:if you have fearwar, nightbane wont be a problem.

unless that, only place where the warrior would be prefered IF you have both a warrior tank and pally tank in the party, is maiden. let him tank her, and you cleans. A pally can perfectly well tank maiden, but thats the only fight where I did say let him tank.

It's not so much that a warrior is a better maiden tank than a paladin, more that a prot pally healing is far more useful than a prot warrior dpsing for this fight.

I have tanked maiden and it really isn't hard. But having an extra healer using bosac - priceless (if there is a holy pally in the raid - give it to a melee dps).
Mishdorf

Postby Lowgrus » Fri May 16, 2008 3:11 am

Cosmoz wrote:if you have fearwar, nightbane wont be a problem.

unless that, only place where the warrior would be prefered IF you have both a warrior tank and pally tank in the party, is maiden. let him tank her, and you cleans. A pally can perfectly well tank maiden, but thats the only fight where I did say let him tank.

Nightbane fears? Since when? Oh now I remember back in the day when we didn't have enough dps. But with badge gear I mean pretty much everyone should outgear the instance. Nightbane hasn't feared for me in forever.

Even if he did it wouldn't be a big deal at all, but in general if your dps is high enough he wont even fear.
Lowgrus

Opera, adv. Pally

Postby Olen » Wed May 21, 2008 11:15 pm

I've never seen a problem with Opera and especially not BBW, during progression or clear runs. Throw your shield if the wolf's chasing someone around.

For R&J you can cons tank both adds, leaving only your kicks on J until you're ready to kill her.

For Crone, you can cons tank all the tankable mobs.

I say advantage Ptank.

All the new pallies on this board wanting to prove themselves and Ptanks to their guilds...run heroics, get phat badge loot and you can easily stand in front of everything in Kara. Its even easier since most servers seem to be tank-starved and many players prefer Ptanks to others for 5man/Heroics.

-Olen of The Infidels, Kul Tiras
Olen

Postby dmok » Thu May 22, 2008 7:00 am

Lowgrus wrote:Nightbane fears? Since when? Oh now I remember back in the day when we didn't have enough dps. But with badge gear I mean pretty much everyone should outgear the instance. Nightbane hasn't feared for me in forever.

Even if he did it wouldn't be a big deal at all, but in general if your dps is high enough he wont even fear.

Nightbane fears every 20-30s. You would have to have some insanely high dps to dps him down 25% in that 20-30s ... and then get lucky enough to not fear upon landing.
dmok

Postby Mordinm » Thu May 22, 2008 7:59 am

Nightbane feared once every 30 to 40 seconds when kara was first released. It has since been nerfed to be much longer then that. Two fears in a single ground phase is generally a sign of poor dps these days.
Mordinm

Postby dmok » Thu May 22, 2008 8:15 am

Mordinm wrote:Nightbane feared once every 30 to 40 seconds when kara was first released. It has since been nerfed to be much longer then that. Two fears in a single ground phase is generally a sign of poor dps these days.

really? when the hell did that happen? We still get more than 1 fear per ground phase, but then again we have only recently started doing t5 content so you could say we're a little behind.
dmok

Postby Morpheren » Thu May 22, 2008 9:01 am

I just simply dont take 2 tanks for a kara run, 9/10 i dont even run with a feral, a rogue is fine for gouges on moroes.
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby Mordinm » Thu May 22, 2008 9:31 am

dmok wrote:
Mordinm wrote:Nightbane feared once every 30 to 40 seconds when kara was first released. It has since been nerfed to be much longer then that. Two fears in a single ground phase is generally a sign of poor dps these days.

really? when the hell did that happen? We still get more than 1 fear per ground phase, but then again we have only recently started doing t5 content so you could say we're a little behind.

It happend a few patches back. I'm not sure exactly which one. He used to have a 30 second cooldown on fear and the boss mods I use have never updated to timer. In the past few months doing a couple of karas a week I have never seen him fear anywhere near the end of the 30 second timer. Feels like about twice the timer length for a full minute on the fear cool down but I have never timed it myself. That means the phase has to last a full 2 minutes to get a second fear in. Seems like a bit long for even kara geared people. I may not be the best judge as the kara I go to tend to be half T6 people of complete pugs in very poor gear.
Mordinm

Postby Kelaan » Thu May 22, 2008 9:34 am

Mordinm wrote:the phase {seems} to last a full 2 minutes to get a second fear in.

Given how cheap PVP trinkets are, it seems like a good thing to wear on that fight. Between the divins shield macro, those, fear wards, and tremor totems, it's hard to imagine staying feared for long.
Kelaan

Postby James » Sat May 31, 2008 9:04 am

Invisusira wrote:Trash:
-Do you want to use CC or do you want to chain pull up to each boss?
--ADVANTAGE PALLY

How good does your gear have to be to AoE the trash down? The two times I've ran Kara, we had the warrior tank the skull, I'd tank the X, and we'd shackle and trap the star and square.
James

Re: Kara Bosses (Please Read)

Postby sunburst » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:52 am

Perhaps you should not ask him about being MT and simply state you gonna be MT this run? No need to be shy about pala-awesomeness 8)
sunburst

Re: Kara Bosses (Please Read)

Postby uke » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:16 am

sunburst wrote:Perhaps you should not ask him about being MT and simply state you gonna be MT this run? No need to be shy about pala-awesomeness 8)

Any raid leader with a spine will tell such a person to basically "smurf-off" and boot him from the raid. I sincerely hope no one actually follows such advice.

Our weekly guild runs are usually with me and a guildie warrior for tanks. Fortunately, NEITHER of us has the "I'm the uber-tank that must get all tanking duties" mindset. One week, I'll MT and he'll OT, and switch up the next week. That said, he still always tanks Maiden while I switch to healing gear for that fight, as insisting to tank Maiden when there's a prot warrior present is just needlessly e-peening.
uke

Postby Aarek » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:12 am

Invisusira wrote:Chess Event:
-ADVANTAGE BARD

Nerf bards!

Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'.
Aarek

Postby Mishdorf » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:14 pm

Aarek wrote:
Invisusira wrote:Chess Event:
-ADVANTAGE BARD

Nerf bards!

Tiger's Fury now recruiting bards.

Must have 370+ storytelling and 480+ songwriting ability. Singing must be capped.

Undead applicants need not apply.

"mana efficiency is for people who aren't tanking enough mobs" - Knaughty
Mishdorf

Postby Kelaan » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:50 am

Mishdorf wrote:Must have 370+ storytelling and 480+ songwriting ability. Singing must be capped.

Ventrilo optional, unless said bard is a hot-sounding chick. ;)
Kelaan

PreviousNext

Return to Karazhan