Remove Advertisements

Kara Bosses (Please Read)

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Kara Bosses (Please Read)

Postby Precio » Mon May 05, 2008 4:39 pm

Hello again,
This is Precio and for anybody that read my last post, I must let you know that I signed up for Kara and successfully signed up as a TANK. Now, as you all know, I outgear the warrior. The funny thing is, I asked him if he was MT and he said yes. I didn't question his motives but honestly, if I outgear him, why is he being so damn stubborn. I've MT-ed for Gruul's and plenty of Heroics with the 2 GLeaders and they know that I'm a good tank, and I actually played with them a lot before I joined the guild.

ANYWAY.

So instead of letting the stubborn Warrior MT all bosses. I would like to know which bosses would be better for a Pally to tank, and which would be better for a Warrior to tank.

I am aware that I can bring out some healing gear to help with healing. But we have 3 good healers and it will most likely be unneccessary and possibly be less ideal.

So...can I get a list and get some replies?
12/14 Ulduar10 - 8/14 Ulduar25
Precio

Postby Invisusira » Mon May 05, 2008 4:46 pm

Trash:
-Do you want to use CC or do you want to chain pull up to each boss?
--ADVANTAGE PALLY

Huntsman:
-Pally can easily tank both
-Undead, exorcism hax
--ADVANTAGE PALLY

Moroes:
-Pally can tank ads and boss
-Undead, exorcism hax
--ADVANTAGE PALLY

Maiden:
-Silence
--ADVANTAGE WARRIOR

Big Bad Wolf:
-Fear
--(slight) ADVANTAGE WARRIOR

Romeo and Juliet:
-Pally can easily tank both
-Undead, exorcism hax
--ADVANTAGE PALLY

Wizard of Oz:
-Pally can easily tank multiple mobs if CC is not available
-Undead, exorcism hax
--ADVANTAGE PALLY

Nightbane:
-Fear
-Undead, exorcism hax
-Hits like a truck
--ADVANTAGE BEST GEARED TANK

Curator:
-Is a robot
--ADVANTAGE BEST GEARED TANK

Illhoof:
-Demon, exorcism hax
-Kil'rek can also be picked up by pally with ease
--ADVANTAGE PALLY

Shade:
-No tank

Netherspite:
-Don't cross the streams!
--YOU WILL BOTH BE TANKING

Chess Event:
-ADVANTAGE BARD

Prince:
-Hits fast, eats through shield block charges
-Demon, exorcism hax
--ADVANTAGE PALLY

Kara is pretty much a Pally tank lovefest.
Invisusira

Postby Brave Sir Thalus » Wed May 07, 2008 4:01 pm

Invisusira wrote:Prince:
-Hits fast, eats through shield block charges
-Demon, exorcism hax
--ADVANTAGE PALLY

Parries attacks lots. Pallies don't have to attack. Advantage Pally ^_^
Thalus - L70 - Argent Dawn UK

YNWA
Brave Sir Thalus

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed May 07, 2008 7:50 pm

For curator you forgot to give advantage to pally: Higher threat during evocation than any warrior will ever dream of(Badgazan races are not untold of losing aggro on curator because of stupid dps on curator)
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Seloei » Thu May 08, 2008 12:01 am

also opera events are not undead but i don't see why you can't tank it all. BBW is a warrior/druid prefered fight since we get agro for getting hit, they hit them to get agro.

Everything else besides opera and maiden... tank it all!

only one trash also who is better for a war to tank (the annoying teleporters before curator)
Seloei

Postby jere » Thu May 08, 2008 5:41 am

Seloei wrote:also opera events are not undead but i don't see why you can't tank it all.

Romulo and Julianne are undead. I use exorcism + consecrate to keep aggro on one while focusing on the other.
jere

Postby Dakiros » Thu May 08, 2008 5:46 am

Kara was practically designed specifically for tankadins, as mentioned above the only boss that we have enough of a disadvantage on to matter is Maiden. If you outgear the warrior there is no reason why he should be tanking more than 10% of the place (offtank Moroes, skeletal...ushers? the ones that freeze you before opera, and the mobs before Curator because of the mana sucking), tell him to throw on some DPS gear and suck it up.
Dakiros

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu May 08, 2008 5:53 am

Dakiros wrote:Kara was practically designed specifically for tankadins, as mentioned above the only boss that we have enough of a disadvantage on to matter is Maiden. If you outgear the warrior there is no reason why he should be tanking more than 10% of the place (offtank Moroes, skeletal...ushers? the ones that freeze you before opera, and the mobs before Curator because of the mana sucking), tell him to throw on some DPS gear and suck it up.
Mana shield also means we get to do nearly nil threat(remember, our threat comes mainly from dealing damage, global threat from sa and resealing are very, very minor). WHile dpsers won't do much threat either, healers do, so paladins risk losing the mob to a healer, plus the whole mana thing.

I think fury warriors will steal aggro too with HS/Cleave's bonus threat.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu May 08, 2008 6:34 am

And consecration trivializes the adds on Illhoof. A Tankadin can easily hold everything at the same time, requiring less aoe, and also protecting said aoers from being interrupted.

I do kara a lot on my warlock. SoCs on a 5 seconds cast time because of pushbacks is THE SUCK. Having to life tap with 39802938 imps on you is also THE SUCK. Nothing is better than a paladin to keep them leashed till you explode the hell out of them.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby sweeney » Thu May 08, 2008 11:21 am

Once you're geared up in Kara+ gear, you're ready to tank everything. As long as you have a feral or a dps warrior, they can cover the minimal OTing needed.

I brought my lock in last week for another Kara run (since I needed my tank to not be saved), and the time difference in moving through trash is extremely noticeable. Outgeared warriors don't make Kara trivial the way outgeared prot paladins do. For instance, our MT (who was tanking that run) is in full badge gear so obviously puts out plenty of threat, but going back to the "Must let him build threat from zero after every CC break" kinda blows compared to just tabbing to the next target and cutting loose because it's been in Consecrate for 30 seconds.

At least I got some tanking in that night; I put my PVP gear on for AOE pulls and just hellfire tanked them. :)

Long story short: If you have a prot paladin who can tank the bosses, bringing another full tank is kinda pointless. Best way to handle this for touchy/inexperienced folks is "Hey, how about I tank trash and you tank bosses?" Things go faster, everybody gets a hand in, and eventually people realize that they could just have the warrior DPS fulltime.
Sweeney: 80 Paladin, Runetotem
sweeney

Postby Gideon » Thu May 08, 2008 1:20 pm

Very minor amendment: Moroes also dual weilds.
Gideon

Postby Caliban » Thu May 08, 2008 1:55 pm

Id say for Nightbane warriors have the advantage if you dont have at least 1 fear ward.

Though we are still better at picking up the skeletons between phases :P
Caliban

Postby Seloei » Fri May 09, 2008 12:56 am

tremor totem makes nightbane a joke, really. If you stand ontop of it you are unfeared without even moving out of melee range
Seloei

Postby Cosmoz » Fri May 09, 2008 10:15 pm

if you have fearwar, nightbane wont be a problem.

unless that, only place where the warrior would be prefered IF you have both a warrior tank and pally tank in the party, is maiden. let him tank her, and you cleans. A pally can perfectly well tank maiden, but thats the only fight where I did say let him tank.
Cosmoz

Postby rodos » Wed May 14, 2008 11:51 pm

Dakiros wrote: the mobs before Curator because of the mana sucking

Normally our druid MT takes the big guy and I hold all the little guys with cons, ret aura, BoSanc, PLG+spike, DMC:Veng and Holy Shield. SoW up before the pull, and spam your down-ranked HS and Cons buttons. I have to eat a biscuit between each pull, but if I remember to stand in the loose mana it only takes a couple of ticks to be ready for the next one.
rodos

Next

Return to Karazhan