Kara Mayhem

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Should I be pissed or just shrug it off?

Poll ended at Mon May 05, 2008 4:31 pm

Yes, they're a-holes! :)
33%
No, get over it.
67%

Total votes : 30

Postby Nobot » Thu May 01, 2008 9:25 am

inthedrops wrote:Get over it. Not to be mean, but people (myself included) are really good at coming up with reasons why we should get loot more than someone else. It's just not a healthy thing to do in the long run. Be happy it dropped and hope that next time you get it.

And yes, I know how it feels so I am sympathetic.

I agree with this. I do the same thing -- I often rationalize that I should get a piece of loot before anyone else even rolls on it. Heck, I even do it on DPS loot (why would a rogue want Romulo's Poison Vial, I'm tanking, damnit!).

All that aside, it will drop again. Or you'll get something better. You'll end up with the trinket off Hydross and the Commendation of Kael'thas and you'll wonder if you'll ever upgrade your trinkets again.

It's ok to feel shafted, though; you're only human, and your investment in your character gives you a sense that the trinket is owed to you. Like I said, I do it, I joke to my roommate about it, then I wait for the next reset to try again.

Good luck with it, and keep having fun!
Nobot

Postby Kelaan » Thu May 01, 2008 9:27 am

Aye; one of the best ways to avoid loot drama is:

- assume it WON'T drop
- If it does, expect that someone else is going to get it.

When you win it, you'll be happy.
When you don't, you won't be disappointed.

;)
Kelaan

Postby inthedrops » Thu May 01, 2008 10:43 am

Loganb1104 wrote:
inthedrops wrote:Imagine if you were tanking and the tank shield dropped but the "always holy" paladin rolled because they are "working on a tank set". That would annoy you right?

I think you missed my point. Main specs > off specs on a guild run. Hence, the "always holy" paladin wouldn't be rolling on the tank shield unless the main tanks in the group didn't want it.

I was also assuming that we were talking about guild runs in the first place. PuGs are their own case, and people are basically on their honor to roll for what most benefits them. The "current spec having priority" thing wouldn't fly for me in a PuG. Example: my pally got into a gruul PuG the other night, but only because they needed healers. I made it clear that my main spec is prot and that I wanted to roll on ALD if it dropped... I also made it clear that I'd pass healing gear to main spec healers. If they hadn't agreed to this I wouldn't have done the run.

Sometimes the only way to get good main spec gear is to respec every now and then. Experienced players know and understand this.

I agree with you. And you're right that I am mixing pug and guild discussions. Sorry about that. In my guild no offspec would ever roll against a main. My last post was to do with pugs.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

You just need a guild decision

Postby ldeboer » Thu May 01, 2008 10:18 pm

As a guild I think you need to work out your loot rules

1.) Are 'roll on your primary spec' or 'roll on your current raid roll'
2.) Are your 'roll on your primary spec' or 'mains get priority to alts'

For each of those two decide as a guild which it is to be your guideline.

From there you will always get the odd weird case but if people know the rules before entering raid there are fewer arguments. The odd weird case can then generally be discussed with the view to being fair.

Almost all pugs are 'roll on your current raid roll' because they have no way of knowing that you are normally a tank etc they only know what you entered the raid as.
ldeboer

Postby Eltiana » Thu May 01, 2008 10:49 pm

Precio wrote:I won the roll pocketwatch, but wasn't planning on getting because i was a DPSer. (And I let the tanks know, that was just my roll if they allowed me to roll for it.) The funny thing was, the warrior lost the roll to the druid OT. But the GLeader said it would be more beneficial if the war got it. So the druid got screwed Majorly.
I think this is bullshit. If the druid won the roll, he deserved the loot, or he shouldn't have been allowed to roll in the first place, if there were other issues involved
Eltiana

Postby Zeruvar » Fri May 02, 2008 6:47 am

Kelaan wrote:Aye; one of the best ways to avoid loot drama is:

- assume it WON'T drop
- If it does, expect that someone else is going to get it.

When you win it, you'll be happy.
When you don't, you won't be disappointed.

;)

Yeah this is most definitely true. Dont ever expect to win the drops.

But about the pocketwatch going to the warrior instead of the druid who WON the roll. Thats bull. We know a druids dont block or parry, and dodge is their best mitigation. So why say the warrior would benefit from more Dodge than the druid? And thats over the druid out rolling the warrior... IMHO find a new guild.
Zeruvar

Postby Mizak » Fri May 02, 2008 4:49 pm

Precio wrote:
etherbadger wrote:As for the t4 helm; it sucks. Level engineering to 350.

Lol, look at my sig silly. Engineering 363. I'm just too damn poor. (Saving up for 2 Nether Vortexes. (Belt of the Guardian)

No offense, but I would argue that if you are actually more interested in your guild advancing as a whole, and not just what loot you need.....I would have personally never rolled on the t4 helm piece. Tankatronic goggles are superior.

You already have engineering leveled to the point you can get the engy helm. It's not that expensive. The most expensive thing is a primal nether which by now can easily be bought from the AH. Honestly, there isn't really a good excuse why you don't already have the goggles. Make the goggles, they will last you a long time, then save money for the nether vortexes for the belt.
Mizak

Postby Robin de tolens » Sat May 03, 2008 3:04 am

Mizak wrote:
Precio wrote:
etherbadger wrote:As for the t4 helm; it sucks. Level engineering to 350.

Lol, look at my sig silly. Engineering 363. I'm just too damn poor. (Saving up for 2 Nether Vortexes. (Belt of the Guardian)

No offense, but I would argue that if you are actually more interested in your guild advancing as a whole, and not just what loot you need.....I would have personally never rolled on the t4 helm piece. Tankatronic goggles are superior.

Furthermore, T4 paladin helm skin sucks. Goggles are cool 8)
Krahla - 80 Warlock
Elemmírë - 70 Priest
Veljen - 25 Shaman
The reliable protection of the horseman is DONKEY of the bathroom
Robin de tolens

Postby samoa » Mon May 05, 2008 4:24 pm

T4 helm is good for AOE grinding some heroics. But i would say if your being asked to repsec, Make another char for healing only and also DPS. That's what i did just so i won't be asked to respec to either DPS, or HEALING less of a hassle for you and the guild..
samoa

Postby Precio » Mon May 05, 2008 4:28 pm

For the record. I have and have had the Tankatronic Goggles for months. Since my guild was saying "Current Spec Only." I rolled on T4 Helm for DPS. I'm very glad I didn't actually win, because the healer that won is one of our main healers. So all in all, I think I agree with the "Main Spec Roll" and not the "Current specs roll". Because in the rare scenario that I will be DPSing. What does it really matter. I'm talking to my GLeader bout the loot rules 2nite. Thanks for all the help and please look at my most recent post about what bosses are better for Pally/War tanks.

Thanks all. :)
12/14 Ulduar10 - 8/14 Ulduar25
Precio

Postby Ciandin » Tue May 06, 2008 10:50 am

Thats where you make the dps goggles AND the holy goggles to go along with your tankatronic goggles.
Fighting over the internet is like the special olympics... even if you win, you're still retarded.
Ciandin

Postby Ariashley » Tue May 06, 2008 3:05 pm

Zeruvar wrote:But about the pocketwatch going to the warrior instead of the druid who WON the roll. Thats bull. We know a druids dont block or parry, and dodge is their best mitigation. So why say the warrior would benefit from more Dodge than the druid? And thats over the druid out rolling the warrior... IMHO find a new guild.

This right here. The raid leader is clearly retarded and doesn't know anything about WoW. Find a new guild. That trinket is the reason the T6 druids in my main's guild still run Kara...
Ariashala - Level 70 Tankadin
Ariashley - Level 70 Rogue
Ariashley

Postby Yinramu » Tue May 13, 2008 2:56 pm

Ariashley wrote:
Zeruvar wrote:But about the pocketwatch going to the warrior instead of the druid who WON the roll. Thats bull. We know a druids dont block or parry, and dodge is their best mitigation. So why say the warrior would benefit from more Dodge than the druid? And thats over the druid out rolling the warrior... IMHO find a new guild.

This right here. The raid leader is clearly retarded and doesn't know anything about WoW. Find a new guild. That trinket is the reason the T6 druids in my main's guild still run Kara...

I don't necessarily think it's time to find a new guild. But I agree that the loot rules are kind of stupid and confusing. If your guild is going to roll for things, then those rolls should be respected - if the druid passes to the warrior, that's a different story than the raid leader arbitrarily deciding that the warrior should get it. One man loot councils don't work, and just cause unnecessary drama.
Yinramu

Postby mangos » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:54 pm

IMO gear should always be given to the player with the same talent/role when running that instance. If you want tanking gear, go there as a tank. If you were there as Ret, roll on dps gear against other dps class, tanking gear only if tanks not needing them. If you have problem go there as a tank, talk with your guild leaders to solve that first.
mangos

Postby Achtung » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:17 pm

We run SK for 25 mans, but for shit like Kara and ZA we follow a couple of simple rules, that others have already posted:

1) Mains before Alts
2) Main spec vs Off-spec

We run group loot, and Need if you need it, Greed for off-spec, shards go to the guild bank.

Your loot rules sound retarded, and if you're already having drama like this then it will only get worse.

And if someone asked me to respec holy to heal, but wouldn't let me roll on tanking gear which is my main spec, then I'd tell them to go fk themselves. Your main spec is your main raiding spec, not whatever spec you just happen to be using for that particular run. So in that light, if I did spec holy for something, I would only roll on holy gear as off-spec and not as main simply because that was my spec "at that time".
Yae, 80 Paladin, Aman'thul Horde - Retired Feb '09
Achtung

PreviousNext

Return to Karazhan