So this week I plan on AoEing Kara.

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:37 pm

Oh.

I've never paid attention to it, but I don't see moroes going away for more than 1 second if I get gouged with crispin beating on me.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Cosmoz » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:45 pm

there is no problems whatsoever to solo tank kara as paladin. Did my first solotank 2 days ago with a pug. tried several times to get an OT but we gave up and did kara with 8 people most of the time. sometimes 9. and never had a offtank. 1 played died at moroes but thats about it. tanked all mobs at opera (oz) was no problem either. and Im not even in good gear. (badges/gruul/craft/heroic/kara)
It was fun as hell. unless we are doing guildrun next, im never going with an OT for kara again. why waste 1 slot for Ot when you can fill it with a dps.
Cosmoz

Postby antiy4ho0 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:07 am

Heh forgot to let you guys know how it went.

Anywho went fine. We had an actual new recruit come with us, Feral druid. Gear definitely wasn't there but he was my sacrificial bear for Blessing of Sacrifice. I kept BoSac on him for Moroes and Ice Tomb mobs. Lost 2 Overzealous DPS on the ice tomb mobs because our Druid wasn't #2 on threat but other than that smooth sailing. Druid was in Cat form rest of the run. Actually had issues with Prince which is out of the norm for us. Bad infernals, then somehow I got enfeebled (no DPS was even near me which was odd, closest was a mage with 20k less threat than me) then on our last run I have no idea what happened but prince pretty much wtfpwned me. Got hit 4 times in about 1.2 seconds, healers didn't have a chance to get me back up

Anyway we've still got Illhoof (Our Lock had to leave early), Nightbane and Netherspite. I think AoEing Kara will be something I can get used to though. I actually feel more comfortable doing it this way and its pretty fun. Its a shame that this Druid will be geared up eventually and want to actually tank stuff.
antiy4ho0

Postby Seloei » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:39 am

The only real bit where you might need an offtank is moroes, but that is not needed. Just ask that a melee dps stays on a add and holds it until the first Garrote is there. Keep bosanc on him and keep the raid away from moroes. As soon as he garrote's someone, bosanc that person and taunt the add off the "offtank".
Keep bosanc up on a garrote'd person and collect your epics. Aoe tanking it might not be a "good" idea if you are just starting kara tho.

As for netherspite, Enh shammies can take half the beam easily, drop a grace of air and it's ok. The last time we had me+enh shammie on first phase, hunter(monkey)+elem shammie on second pair. Yeah i know the elem would do less damage, but it's a farm run so noone cares.

Ushers however... shackle one if you can, otherwise pray that he won't tomb you on pull and go after a random dps. I just didn't salv the shammies that fight, since they have decent enough health to get a hit or two.

Edit: the fleshbeasts before prince might hurt if you don't have a cleanser for the blood, i just remove it myself as soon as it hits, since the dot hurts for more than 3x of beasts single attacks
Seloei

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:12 am

You don't need 2 people per beam phase no the red beam.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Seloei » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:08 am

you do, if you don't have a class who can take 2 hits from un-beamed netherspite. Otherwise juping in/out as long as you dont go above 40 stacks is doable. More juggling tho :P
Seloei

Previous

Return to Karazhan