Remove Advertisements

Kara - Moroes Trash

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Kara - Moroes Trash

Postby honorshammer » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:46 am

There are two pulls with one Retainer and 4 Attendants. What's the best way to handle them? Our way was to kill 2 attendants, run back in after the wipe and then finish it off.

Also, there are a couple of trash mobs in room before Moroes (Warders?) maybe that did something to basically instagib me. I have no clue what they did. My Healer was basically like "You got owned dude." I let the Bear have them after that.

Lastly, in Moroes room, there's a couple mobs that make your screen go wonky (like the spiders in ZG) and then instagib me.

Anything I can better in those sitations?
honorshammer

Postby ulushnar » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:53 am

We normally CC as many Attendants as possible, have the MT take the Retainer and the OT take the remaining Attendants.

I know the instagib mobs you mean. They hit like trucks and can't be CC'd, so each tank needs to take one each and the healers need to spamheal.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Downpour » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:24 am

Sounds like "brittle bones" to me. You get a debuff where you turn to skeleton and have zero armour :O We stun them from 50% until death. If i get the debuff i use my pocket watch and HoJ then cleanse it with a flash of DS.

The wonky screen is "drunken head crack" from the stewards, they can be disarmed but we just overheal through it, since it's only 2 mobs and a very short fight.
Downpour

Postby Lore » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:38 am

We skip the attendant pulls, you can sneak around them. No need to clear the whole room before Moroes.

The waiters (skeletons) put a debuff on you like Downpour said, reduces your armor by a lot. Just wait it out, DS out of it, or have someone else tank the next one.

The stewards just plain hurt when they debuff you.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Lightskin » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:57 am

We take two tanks
Lightskin

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:58 am

Lore wrote:We skip the attendant pulls, you can sneak around them. No need to clear the whole room before Moroes.

The waiters (skeletons) put a debuff on you like Downpour said, reduces your armor by a lot. Just wait it out, DS out of it, or have someone else tank the next one.

The stewards just plain hurt when they debuff you.

Pretty much exactly this. You never need to pull a single attendant pull.

The Skeletal Waiters aren't so bad. Often they won't hit you with Brittle Bones or it won't proc until they're dead. Just make sure that your healers are aware that while that debuff is up, you can start taking tons more damage at any time.

The Phantom Valets hit like trucks. Spam heals through them. All healers should be aware and leaning on their GHeal keys when one is pulled. I recommend starting off with a PW:S on.

The Stewards, when they hit like 20%, will use a move called Drunken Skullcrack and simultaneously enrage. Drunken Skullcrack makes you drunk and stuns you. Stun + extra damage = dead you quickly. So healers need to be aware this is coming. Note: don't try to tank both simultaneously unless you have really uber healers.

So basically what I think it comes down to in my estimation is that your healers need to learn the fight as much as you as a tank do. I don't think you did anything particularly wrong, your healers need experience in the instance as well.
Sabindeus

Postby Mortehl » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:33 pm

Easiest way to get through Moroes trash:

1) Have someone mark all the wanderers.
2) Kill 2-3 wanderers depending on raid skill
3) Kill the 2 AOE packs right near the corner.
4) Sneak up to the corner and pull the first half of table 1. Pull them all the way down the stairs to where your party is waiting. Use sense undead so you can see where the waiter is.
5) Get the other half of table 1 the same way.
6) Pick off the waiter.
7) Move everyone up and inside on table 1.
8) Pull and pwn the 2 non tauntable elites on the right hand wall.
9) Wash rinse repeat.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Cimzar » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:09 pm

I have never had a problem with the trash up to Moroes. We pull the waiter and table together. The other tank grabs the elite and focuses on him, while I aoe tank the table and any other straglers. As Sabindeus said, it seems more like the healers are having problems rather than you. We almost always have 3 priests when going for Moroes, so it might be the lack of healing classes that is giving you the problems.
Cimzar

Postby honorshammer » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Our healers were a Resto Druid, Holy Paladin, and Balance Druid. Our Discipline Priest is on vacation for the next 2 weeks. We are going to try to take a shadow priest or two for our next run.

We are a small casual guild of friends who are more interested in taking friends than finding the perfect class/spec mix. Our first run was 4 Druids, 2 Paladins, 1 Mage, 1 Hunter, 1 Rogue, and 1 Shaman.
honorshammer

Re: Kara - Moroes Trash

Postby Everlight » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:52 pm

Honorshammer wrote:There are two pulls with one Retainer and 4 Attendants. What's the best way to handle them? Our way was to kill 2 attendants, run back in after the wipe and then finish it off.

I just AOE tank them, while DPS focuses on the Retainer, then AOEs the rest. Hurts a bit, but it's ok. You don't need to drop any of them on the way to Moroes, though.

As for the Stewards, yes, when they get to 50%, their damage output massively increases and they attempt a stun. If that stun hits, you're wearing ~4k a hit, no dodges, no parries, no blocks, nothing. It really hurts bad.

Bears tend to survive that better because they have superior armour and HP, and when you're stunned, that's all that matters.
Everlight

Postby DracAlexstrasza » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:38 am

Lore wrote:We skip the attendant pulls, you can sneak around them. No need to clear the whole room before Moroes.

Skipping = best plan

Our warlocks (and recently hunters) are getting lazier these days and so now I pull the set upstairs since eventually someone tab targets during a pull and we get them anyways.
Drac - Paladin - 70 - Alexstrasza
DracAlexstrasza

Postby Lightskin » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:45 am

Skipping is fine except the part where people will run into them during the encounter
Lightskin

Postby Daeren » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:08 am

AOe tank them ftw!
Daeren

Postby Mortehl » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:13 am

Lightskin wrote:Skipping is fine except the part where people will run into them during the encounter

Then your raid is doing something wrong. Simple as that.

Handle the initial pulls way down the stairs.

Handle the first table in the ballroom down the stairs.

Handle the rest on the first table.

When you're done with Moroes, scoot on the right side of the wall pwning the couple of aoe groups in the way.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Lightskin » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:07 am

eh? we got 9 bosses down almost 1 shot each boss....I just don't take risks as to keeping the side packs, I clear the entire room so that we can use the entire room during the fight, maybe I interpreted the OP wrong.
Lightskin

Next

Return to Karazhan