Maiden just killed my raid...maybe for good

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:41 am

And for when you don't have a pally healer, don't try to use the "healer steps in" idea :p They won't handle it. Just pull her to a healer and go back to your place.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby styrm » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:35 am

You also have too much melee dps for my tastes on this fight, any more than 2 is too much IMHO.

Ranged DPS so the shocks arent chained off to the healers would be ideal.

But your guildies need to L2P in a bad way.

Drop a damn totem, pay attention to instructions when you dont know what the hell is going on, execute, get loots, and press on to bigger and better things.

GL with those progression runs, sounds like a pug might be a better place for you to be.
Frostmane: Danyell, War, 80 MT/Arms
Karahmon, Sham, 80 Resto/Ele
Tazzlehof, Rog, 80 Combat Dags
Raystlyn, Mag, 80, ICE/Fire
Styrm, Pally, 80, Tank/Ret
Headshotz, Hunter, 80, MM
Beatah, Sham, 80, Enhc
Soth, DK, 80, Blood/Frost
styrm

Postby Seloei » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:00 pm

Just stay calm, keep trying and dont get angry. The moment you get enraged you dont do 60% more damage and swing fast but you just lose focus and stop thinking on what you are doing and DIE. Be Calm

If they can't get through their heads what "teamwork" and "coordination" mean, then they are never ever going to get past the first 2 bosses. It gets progressively tougher.

Be calm, tell them to watch the video on youtube if their too lazy to read, Force a 15 minute watch time before it. Then say the tacs out and loud, a few times if need be and tell them to try to get into their positions. If need be, die a dozen times until they get it where they need to stand and what to do. Raiding does not have a "I Win! Button" like in pvp, it takes time, patience teamwork and coordination.

above everything else, be calm and try to calm down anyone yelling at people so morale doesn't drop and they stop trying
Seloei

Postby Frickit » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:27 pm

if you have too many melee dps, have them run out at 50% hp to get heals. Then run back in.
Frickit

Postby Neejo » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:41 pm

change guild, there are plenty of other casual guilds around
Ebann `Protection Paladin ` Shattered Hand - EU
Neejo

Postby antiy4ho0 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:54 am

I sympathize with you. Theres just some people that make it really hard to raid. When people fail to do simple simple simple tasks its very frustrating. Good thing we rolled pallies though right?

So I cleanse my raid myself. I'm usually "OTing" for Maiden and I take care of the cleanses. None of our healers were quick enough. So in between chugging mana pots and trying to keep some kind of threat going (good thing this warrior knows what hes doing because my "OT" threat is garbage on maiden) I cleanse people. Once again our healers fail to realize that consecrate silences them. Any time we try the "healers step in a few seconds before repentance and step back out" we get healers stepping onto consecrate trying to cast a big heal on the tank getting silenced mid-way through.

Tuesday night I got to MT Maiden as our normal warrior tank couldn't make it so we had a warrior in some rag-tag blues OTing for me. I wasn't sure how he'd do since he was still very much critable and crushable and all that good business so I MT'd Cleansed Holy fires and dragged Maiden around the room waking up our healers.

So yeah you shouldn't have to be doing all that. Your healers should wake up and do their part. But when you really want that boss down... If you want it done right do it yourself.
antiy4ho0

Postby Gray » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:08 am

You sound like a good raider, but your guild sounds stupid and undisciplined.
Instead of giving you adivce on how to kill Maidne, I'd strongly suggest finding a better casual guild. If they cannot get the co-ordination right on Maiden, later bosses will slaughter you far far quicker
Gray

Postby turion350 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:07 am

you know, i have had this work main tanking it myself, and doing the healer steps in bit. I have had to do it a couple of times without pally healer, and our priest would throw renew on themselves and run in and out. No need for me to move maiden back and forth. I guess some strats work better for others than some.

The other times we downed her, we had pally healer, plus one priest run in and out, so that the pally wasn't healing by himself. Keep it up and hope things work out, she almost broke our raid group as well.
Teurion of Kael'thas
Lvl 80 Human
turion350

Postby honorshammer » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:16 am

You guys are just going to love Shade.
honorshammer

Postby Frickit » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:59 am

Honorshammer wrote:You guys are just going to love Shade.
Frickit

Postby sweeney » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:40 pm

And now I link the Flame Wreath song.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=717CoVJ687M

Edit: Actually, this is the best Shade fight explanation I've ever heard.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SEreUfIsuv0&feature=related - gets VERY LOUD halfway through, be warned.
Sweeney: 80 Paladin, Runetotem
sweeney

Postby Nemuria » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:23 am

most people learn by their mistake while some can one shot the event. You have to be patient.
What I said to my guildies is keep practicing harder event than being stuck in easy mode. For example, the best place to learn BoSac is PVP, since it is a CC breaker. And this is just a trick, you could use whatever you find to heal through. Most casual just hate PvP and doing it only for the gear, because it is hard and unfair.
Just like all skill that reset aggro/save ur toon while being healer or dps. You never use them if no hard hiting mobs/players ever went after you. We went to Maiden and it took minutes to explain BoSac (I am even thinking most paladin healers don't have it on their action bar by default, why taking damage in PVE?)
Nemuria

Postby Cosmoz » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:26 am

if you say your offtank did fine, then ok.
If not, just tank him yourself.
I tank him myself, with just blue geard, and like 2-3 HC epics.
(about 15k HP buffed and 14k armor, uncrush/crit) I dont have the slightest problems. and we usualy only have 1 dispeller.
Cosmoz

Postby Daederok » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:20 pm

We just took Maiden down for our first time yesterday...probably about 60% of our group have been through Kara, and through T5 stuff...the rest of the group were just getting into Kara for the first time. All of the "Experienced members" were doing stuff they weren't accustomed to doing (My main's a shadow priest...I'm on the pally tank, anothers is an Enh Shaman who's on the prot warrior OT etc etc etc)

Biggest key of this fight is just standing where you're supposed to, and cleansing holy fires quickly as possible. GET DECURSIVE if you haven't already...play Wack-a-mole with it...you'll understand.

What I did with another Healadin was just keep a BOSac on one of the melee...when Repentance hit, him and I were able to keep the tank up...saved the tank from dragging her around etc.

But yeah...Decursive made this fight cake. If you're able to work out the coordination of Moroes, you should be able to knock out this one. Don't be discouraged! Keep it up!
Daederok

Postby Dustin » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:47 am

Snake-Aes wrote:And for when you don't have a pally healer, don't try to use the "healer steps in" idea :p They won't handle it. Just pull her to a healer and go back to your place.

This is brilliant, I want to let all the lazy tanks know, that yes you dont have to do crazy BoS tricks to clear this boss, even if your gear is poop you should be able to pull this rabbit out of a hat. I have always just dragged her to the healer and dragged back to the middle everytime in. This is probably the easiest thing to do. I'm not sure why so many people are scared of that tactic. Also who cares if the silence messes up your holy shield and judgment rotations if you can survive the repentance and holy fires (which aint to tough) maiden WILL go down.

This should be a cake walk for DPS as long as they stand there and go pew pew. This is a Tank/Healer battle imo.
By the light of the Moon!.....POOF!
Dustin

PreviousNext

Return to Karazhan