so what happened?

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

so what happened?

Postby Pillar » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:41 am

last night me and a group went through the 2nd part of kara. i was OT

we completed Prince, illhoof, the chess event (which was really fun!), and the big dragon with the beams (dont remember name - think netherspite?)

we are about to call it a night, but we decide to go ahead and do nightbane. first time, we get to 15%. second time we are cruising, get to 10% but lost 2 of 3 healers. I stop OT and try to help heal. we make it to 2%. the MT dies- although i did lay oof hands on him, somehow it did not heal him, but did drain me of my mana... so MT is dead, i have no mana- not a good thing. DPS takes him down to 1% but drop like flies cause i cant get aggro. im the last one standing - i have no pots, no bubble - i had tried using righteous fury (WINGS!) to boost damage and take him down before all heck broke lose, and so i failed to take him out... and everyone was sad. especially me...

my question is- why did it not heal the tank (lay on hands) like it was supposed to, and why did it drain me of mana like it had? we wouldn't ahve lost if this had not happened...
Pillar

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:46 am

It probably did and Bane smashed him.

This is a 1-tank fight, how did you guys lose the healers?
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby NarfJones » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:02 am

As far as I've been able to work out, lay on Hands effects work in this order:

1)Drain Mana
2)Activate Cooldown
3)Heal

I've died while casting LoH. The combat log showed no heal, but the cooldown was burned up.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Pillar » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:07 am

i am honestly not sure how- one was having lag problems and could not stay out of the fire. the other 2- one lasted till the end, the other i think got adds on him before i could gather them, took him about halfway. dont know what happened to take him the rest of the way
Pillar

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:11 am

Consecration picks them up easy on the first tick :| Try again next time making sure everyone is doing what they should, it's a really simple fight.
There are 2 sources of non tank damage: Charred earth and nightbane's breath/tail lash. If nightbane is tanked sideways to the rest of the raid, you guys will be safe from it.

And don't ot =/ You won't generate much threat anyway, and you'll be more useful healing(even as prot) or dpsing. And picking up the adds of course. A good idea is to consecrate as the first one spawns, and cast holy wrath. knockback from damage should get it to launch as consecration is over, meaning solid aggro on all but maybe the last add.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Pillar » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:22 am

well, i was having to kill them by myself- so the adds took forever to take down- id gather them up and everyone else concentrated on nightbane. somehow 1 or 2 would always break free and start going after other people, be they mages or healers.
Pillar

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:25 am

They are to be killed as they spawn, having them up during ngihtbane's ground phase overcomplicates things. Since you have 2 tanks, get the nightbane tank to taunt the first skeleton off you and the team kills that one. From there aoe is usually safe.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Elvidnir » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:28 am

Pillar wrote:well, i was having to kill them by myself- so the adds took forever to take down- id gather them up and everyone else concentrated on nightbane. somehow 1 or 2 would always break free and start going after other people, be they mages or healers.

This is not a very good strategy. Everyone should kill the skeletons hard, then use the remainder of the air phase to hit NB. There's no reason to speed up the kill with a warrior tank that can stance-dance the fear.
Elvidnir

Postby NarfJones » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:33 am

Elvidnir wrote:
Pillar wrote:well, i was having to kill them by myself- so the adds took forever to take down- id gather them up and everyone else concentrated on nightbane. somehow 1 or 2 would always break free and start going after other people, be they mages or healers.

This is not a very good strategy. Everyone should kill the skeletons hard, then use the remainder of the air phase to hit NB. There's no reason to speed up the kill with a warrior tank that can stance-dance the fear.

The healers should be healing you and spam cleansing.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby honorshammer » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:34 am

Snake-Aes wrote:And don't ot =/ You won't generate much threat anyway, and you'll be more useful healing(even as prot) or dpsing. And picking up the adds of course. A good idea is to consecrate as the first one spawns, and cast holy wrath. knockback from damage should get it to launch as consecration is over, meaning solid aggro on all but maybe the last add.

I thought the bloody thing (holy wrath) would never go off, lol.
honorshammer

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:37 am

Takes about 6 seconds :) It's also a valuable mana regen tool since you're not avoiding much XD
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby fudomyou » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:34 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:Takes about 6 seconds :) It's also a valuable mana regen tool since you're not avoiding much XD

Okay, that's awesome. I tend to run out of mana during that phase, so I'll hit consecrate, judgment, and wind up a holy wrath next time I tank NB...
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:46 pm

Make sure your healers can handle it though, it's a reasonable damage income(about your full hp bar) so if you're doing a progression-gear kill I don't recommend it
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby fudomyou » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:16 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:Make sure your healers can handle it though, it's a reasonable damage income(about your full hp bar) so if you're doing a progression-gear kill I don't recommend it

We two-healed the fight for the first time the other day, and if we have three I'll definitely warn them "It's like I'm sitting down... but for 3 seconds straight."
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:02 pm

:D Enjoy then, lol.
When one of our priests decided to soloheal the fight(so we could sub in 2 more dpsers to increase the raid's dps to 8k~), i first tried it and scared the shit out of him :D
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Return to Karazhan