Big Bad Wolf - Transforming Tank?

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Aurellia » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:40 am

Been a while since I've taken part in a BBW fight, but IIRC in our guild the policy has typically been:

"If the MT gets turned into Little Red, he stands his ground and keeps tanking... so heal like mad".

I've never MTed big bad, but I've been part of numerous kills on him. I don't remember ever seeing either of our tanks (one Warrior, one Pally) run when they got changed. haven't had a wipe or MT death on big bad as long as I can remember.
Aurellia

Postby Seloei » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:02 pm

If you get transformed, you have 0 armor and he will be hitting you for huge hits. Think i got 3 swatted once when i had the debuff and i was running at ~17-19k health. It is not really outhealable, however good the healers are.
Dps needs to halt if it's the tank who has the debuff or keep going if they know they wont pass him/her.
Seloei

Postby Rykis » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:43 pm

First time we did Kara we got Big Bad Wolf. After reading the other ones, everyone was just happy we got it.

As MT I got turned into Little Red at least 3 times. After the second time threat was all over the place, but some how we managed to keep it together.
Rykis

Postby Dustin » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:53 am

Every time I have done BBW I swear I get the debuff like 75% of the time he throws it out.....

Then our warlock die's, he sure loves to pull aggro :)
By the light of the Moon!.....POOF!
Dustin

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:16 am

T5 geared tauren warrior in badgazan run with my warlock.

<warrior Transformed>
Me, with high pitched voice: "REND AND SUNDER!!!"
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby ldeboer » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:55 pm

Seloei wrote:Every time we got him, he ran for me more than half of the times... Quite often some dps was overeager and didnt stop dpsing and got nuked when i stopped running. But meh... it sure as hell is annoying to have to start running almost "as soon" as you engage him ><

Yep have had that .. engage him and 5 seconds later LRRH

We lost 2 caster nubs cause they continued to dps him while I ran in my best nike sprint style and he 1 hit them before I could RD.
ldeboer

Postby Yinramu » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:50 pm

I've been turned into little red once or twice tanking him.

However, the most amusing story is of a guildie of mine who died, if I recall correctly, 4 times in the same BBW fight to being turned into Little Red. And he was a priest with improved death, so every time he died, it was that spectacular angel, and very noticeable.

1st Little Red, dies, soulstone ressurects; another warlock soulstones him

2nd Little Red, dies again; we have yet another Soulstone

3rd Little Red, dies (yet again); he gets a ressurection from one of the druids

4th Little Red, dies. By this point, we're out of combat rezzing abilities and close to killing him anyways.
Yinramu

Postby Narcil » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:48 pm

MT cant be transformed.

If you want to prevent this, amke sure there is a Consecrate down when you spawn him, and tell EVERYONE to do nothing for the first few seconds so you can establish solid threat.
Narcil

Postby Kelaan » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:38 pm

Narcil wrote:MT cant be transformed.

Other peoples' experience seems to differ. Do you mean "#1 threat won't get transformed"? (similar to Prince's Enfeeble) Even then, be careful that it's not just a "hasn't happened yet" thing.
Kelaan

Postby Amirya » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:50 am

If you want to prevent this, amke sure there is a Consecrate down when you spawn him, and tell EVERYONE to do nothing for the first few seconds so you can establish solid threat.

Amirya = MT who has been the gnome several times, even with a Consecrate trail to the tanking corner, and the rest of the raid dancing for the audience.

It can happen.

It does happen.

"Run, Ami, run! Don't let her die, she's the tank!"
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby ldeboer » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:15 pm

Sorry I have seen it done to other tanks while on my mage and had it done to me many times.

I would say I get it 10% of the time my guess is the target chosen is at random and nothing to do with agro.

I will however say whoever 1st gets it seems to have a higher odds of getting it again the number of times I see LRR be the same player twice and 3 times in a row is amazing.
ldeboer

Postby Narcil » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:33 am

guess I have been luck, I have tanked it MANY times, only been the target once, and thats when a Warrior charged in and got aggro in the opening.
Narcil

Postby uke » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:56 am

New guild I joined let me tank BBW in last Friday's Kara run.

Right off the bat, BAM!, I'm LRRH.

I spend the next 20 seconds trying to get aggro back while BBW is off smacking party members.

Just as soon as I get aggro again, BAM! LRRH *again*. And I get stunlocked by BBW and die this time. Feral druid stepped in and was able to hold him the rest of the way in bear form.

The rest of the group was like "yeeeah, that's pretty much worst case scenario right there" And much laughter was had.

Hey, I did tank curator and prince that night, so it's all good.
uke

Re: Big Bad Wolf - Transforming Tank?

Postby Owneri » Mon May 05, 2008 11:52 pm

Lunchbox wrote:Hola,

In all my times to Kara as my rogue...never once did the BBW transform the MT to red riding hood. So ironically my first time into kara as our guild's MT...not only does he transform me into red...but then stuns me...needless to say I got pwned. Tried it again....he transformed me again...luckily healers were prepared and we killed him. Needless to say...has this ever happened to any of you?

I have to say...it sucks he can do that to the tank.

I tanked the BBW for my first time yesterday, I got transformed into that little girl, I just ran around because I wasnt sure if it decreases my armor or if i can use skills, well anyway, it was an easy fight.
I am paladin.
Owneri

Postby Tellysaren » Tue May 06, 2008 7:38 pm

We got Rom and Jul first time in opera a couple weeks ago, and got BBW this time. DPS got the first couple of LRRHs, and two got pwned by the wolf because they started running too soon. I was main tank, so I was right at his feet, but I got the buff the next time, and one time a few switches later. Neither time did I get hit, and right after the buff wore off, I hit him in the face with my shield, judged righteousness, and holy shielded. All that matters is paying attention to the buffs and debuffs you have and bolting as soon as it hits.
Tellysarena-Level 80
Human Paladin-0-53-18 Protection
Jewelcrafter/Miner
Lightbringer-<Reincarnation>

With a shield big enough, I can tank the World.
Tellysaren

PreviousNext

Return to Karazhan