Big Bad Wolf - Transforming Tank?

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Big Bad Wolf - Transforming Tank?

Postby Lunchbox » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:28 pm

Hola,

In all my times to Kara as my rogue...never once did the BBW transform the MT to red riding hood. So ironically my first time into kara as our guild's MT...not only does he transform me into red...but then stuns me...needless to say I got pwned. Tried it again....he transformed me again...luckily healers were prepared and we killed him. Needless to say...has this ever happened to any of you?

I have to say...it sucks he can do that to the tank.
You know you want too....

Lunchbox

Re: Big Bad Wolf - Transforming Tank?

Postby Hankthetank » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:44 pm

Lunchbox wrote:Hola,

In all my times to Kara as my rogue...never once did the BBW transform the MT to red riding hood. So ironically my first time into kara as our guild's MT...not only does he transform me into red...but then stuns me...needless to say I got pwned. Tried it again....he transformed me again...luckily healers were prepared and we killed him. Needless to say...has this ever happened to any of you?

Yes, it has happened repeatedly to me. When the transformation is about to happen, we make sure healers keep healing the tank, because it's the only person who can't get a running head start.

Of course, they still fail at that sometimes.

In fact, most times.

To be honest, we go in with T5/T6 gear and still wind up with half our raid dead because we're just not paying attention, and it's probably the only opera event that is really unforgiving if you're inattentive.
Hankthetank

Postby Caelia » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:43 pm

it sucks, however usually we have enough hp so that we can take a few hits. You just have to be prepared to book it, if that fails get your pallies (if there) to BoP you.
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Postby Exalt » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:26 am

Yeah, the bastage did that to me 3 times in a row.

Vent convo was awesome too "Okay, dps, hold off until Exalt stops being a scared little girl and actually gets a full threat rotation in... "

>.<
Exalt - 70 - Argent Dawn

Exalt

Postby Biscotti » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:28 am

I've only seen him transform the tank if someone else was ahead of the tank on threat, but not the +10% or +30% needed to get him to actively switch to them, e.g. the same rules as Prince's Enfeeble.
Biscotti

Postby Impervium » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:58 am

If you have a warrior in your group he can intervene to soak a few hits giving you a chance get ahead of the wolf
Impervium

Postby Thanehand » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:39 am

This can, and does happen to us quite a lot (relatively)

Biscotti's point is interesting, and I shall certainly be watching this next time we get him.

We just heal the tank though it however, ususally they have enough health not to be one shotted.
(Ofc another pally can always BoP :D)
ImageImage
Thanehand

Postby Shirak » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:49 am

I've had this happen to me everytime we get the event. Just run fast and follow the outside of the room. I've not had a problem sgetting stunned.
Tuberon wrote:Tanking *is* crowd control.

You run into a crowd, and proceed to control it.
Shirak

Postby Amirya » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:12 am

First time it happened, I was so unprepared, I took a step back, and died (though, I was also at 30% health at the time, so no one was prepared).

Second time around, he did it to one of our rogues who just hit sprint and made us all giggle in Vent. Then he did it to me twice in a row.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Zhalseran » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:23 pm

MT can definitely be transformed. I've had it happen to me in the past, and it happened to the tank just last night.
Zhalseran

Re: Big Bad Wolf - Transforming Tank?

Postby Ana » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:28 pm

Lunchbox wrote:Hola,

Haha, sucks to be you Lunchbox. I have seen it happen numerous times.
Now, are you the "Lunchbox" of Spinebreaker fame?
Anathematic / Megalomania / Tohuvabohu / Surrealistic
Ana

Postby Arcand » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:30 pm

You can bubble while you're RRH, and he'll stay on you.

However, you'll still be RRH for a bit after Divine Shield wears off.

And Divine Shield removes the speed buff.
Choose wisely. :shock:
Arcand

Postby Steg » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:47 am

I love DBM...

"Run little girl, run!!"
Steg

Postby Stos » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:50 pm

Yeah this has happened to me before too. Not sure if it helps or not but I usually get the bear OT to start the fight far from me and I pull with AS. I haven't been RRH since I started doing that but it might just be good luck.

(Reason I do that is so that I have time to get off the cast and jump up in threat a bit. Talking to him directly I can't start off with AS very easily as he's pounding on me.)

-Stos
Stos

Postby Seloei » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:21 pm

Every time we got him, he ran for me more than half of the times... Quite often some dps was overeager and didnt stop dpsing and got nuked when i stopped running. But meh... it sure as hell is annoying to have to start running almost "as soon" as you engage him ><
Seloei

Next

Return to Karazhan