Prince Safe Spots?

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Waramir » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:30 am

i can confirm this as well

i have been tanking prince for my guild for over 4 months now and never ever had an infernal drop on the safe spots shown in wowiki.

that is until tuesday 2.4 patch day. i got an infernal land right on top of me and another one on top of the healers so i guess they "fixed" it.
Waramir

Postby Sithy » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:27 am

Instead of trying to find a spot that lets you cheese the fight into not being anything more than a tank and spank, how about you just learn to adapt to infernal spawns? :roll: This comes in handy on fights like Vashj or Kael when someone needs to get in range of the generator, run away from thaldred or move during gravity lapse.

Infernal hits the tank, tank moves to the group, group moves away to get range again.

Infernal on the ranged, ranged reposition to get back on the tank, if the ranged are cut off, tank pops trinkets and moves through the infernal to a new tanking spot.
Sithy

Postby Zhalseran » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:49 pm

Safe spots are definitely gone. Good thing I never relied on them.
Zhalseran

Postby Invisusira » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:07 pm

Invisusira

Postby LordoftheLeftHand » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:37 pm

In the past they dropped in a grid pattern. The grid didn't quite fit the room leaving a tiny spot that was 100% safe. They no longer appear to drop on the grid.
LordoftheLeftHand

Postby Tyaera » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:30 pm

Yep, safe spots ninja-removed in 2.4

good fuckin riddance

this will possibly mean a step backwards in progression for guilds that used the safe spots every time to kill prince

sucks to be them i guess
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby Athon » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:51 am

Tyaera wrote:this will possibly mean a step backwards in progression for guilds that used the safe spots every time to kill prince

sucks to be them i guess

It sure does to my guild. We have people with good gear, but tactical fights can be hard sometimes. I have been with our guildies in ZA and downed the first two bosses there, but I have never downed Prince, although I have been inspecting the safe spot strategy. Maybe one day... The guild has downed Prince when our druid has been MTing, though. Not tried after the patch though.

I just hate this fight and I don't even want to try anymore. I don't need any drops from him since I'm happy with my Tankatronic goggles.
Athon

Postby Levantine » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:02 am

Nawwww poor diddums. Your purpz can't cover for your lack of attention and flexibility.
Levantine

Postby Athon » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:45 am

Levantine wrote:Nawwww poor diddums. Your purpz can't cover for your lack of attention and flexibility.

True. My gear also won't help me to see anything because of the stupid camera mechanism which zooms very close when I'm with my back against the wall. There are some fights like this in the game, and I dislike them all, although this is definitely the worst.
Athon

Postby Levantine » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:02 am

Move the camera maybe? You know it's not set to a certain angle.
Levantine

Postby ehly » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:22 am

I haven't been in kara since 2.4, but if they removed that spot its not that difficult to do the fight the normal way. My first Kara group did it with 1 person's camera pointed up and called out if the infernal was safe or not and what direction. Its not difficult. We didn't learn about the safe spot until maybe ~sept of last year. We have been downing Prince since May of last year.

We 'guild pug' Kara now a days. with 4 different pugs mixed with alts and mains in Kara every week. I can say from experience, that infernals could and would drop in or next to the 'safe' spot. That chance though was very very low. I would estimate this happened once a month at the most. Whenever it did happen those group always wiped, as they didn't know how to adapt.

I'm kinda glad they fixed it then :) It really shouldn't have been that easy of an encounter.
ehly

Postby ulrichter » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:19 pm

Well we suck...

Been tanking prince last month or so - often 1 shotting him using the safe spots.

Now since 2.4 completely failed. Did all of kara except prince and Nether spite in less than 3 hours but complete fail at prince since 2.4.

We've tried different tanks, more DPS, everything.

Guess we just suck... Had the bad boy at less than 5% more than I care to remember last two nights just to have infernal pin in the caster group.

Guess someone is going to have to be infernal caller.
ulrichter

Postby LordoftheLeftHand » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:28 pm

ulrichter wrote:
Guess someone is going to have to be infernal caller.

Put a raid mark over the head of a responsible ranged caster. Have this person pan their camera up and call out when to move. Have all ranged stand on this player.

I have confidence you guys can do it! :wink:

LLH
LordoftheLeftHand

Postby ulrichter » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:01 am

Yeah just read up on a few more tips:-

Getting hunters and warlocks to track demons (so they can see potential relocation areas on minimap).

Use elixir of demon detect on tank (i for one can see very little when tanking him).

Maybe get one healer to focus tank during moves (even at the cost of some infernal damage).

Maybe elixirs of demon slaying for phases 2& 3.

Must say although more tricky, I for one am enjoyin the challenge. Now that I've seen it from a melee and tanking perspective, I feel sufficiently well informed.
ulrichter

Postby Vagrant » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:35 am

Our semi-safe spot worked just as well as before.
Maybe that's because it's only partially safe, tanking against the right-hand wall with ranged/healers at the door.
Vagrant

PreviousNext

Return to Karazhan