Prince Safe Spots?

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:49 am

The only problem is that I've had runs where the people in the door start screaming about fiery death raining down on their heads, when they're the ones in the doorway.

The people I run with are (generally) not complete idiots, so I'm not quite sure what the deal is there.

I guess next time I'll get a better screen shot, and if we have enough ranged, tell them to stfu and heal through fire.

I am curious to see what would happen if you extended the encounter long enough to get infernals to spawn at every location. Would they just start to overlap, or would they stop spawning?

If we didn't habitually do kara fun runs after raid so it's 1am server when we get to prince, I'd be inclined to take a bunch of healers in and plot it out.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Everlight » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:51 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:The only problem is that I've had runs where the people in the door start screaming about fiery death raining down on their heads, when they're the ones in the doorway.

I've usually found when that happens it's because someone is pushed forwards a bit much and gets clipped by it, or they look at the graphic and freak out even though they're not taking damage.

fuzzygeek wrote:I am curious to see what would happen if you extended the encounter long enough to get infernals to spawn at every location. Would they just start to overlap, or would they stop spawning?

We've had that happen. Well, the area's big enough and everyone's busy enough I couldn't tell you for certain whether all the spawn points were taken, but basically the entire playfield was full.

No Infernals started to overlap. They all stayed nicely spaced out.
Everlight

Postby Arcand » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:17 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:I am curious to see what would happen if you extended the encounter long enough to get infernals to spawn at every location. Would they just start to overlap, or would they stop spawning?

The older ones despawn, do they not? I'd swear I've seen (as melee DPS) an infernal disappear so that suddenly my escape route from Shadow Nova became a ton simpler.
Arcand

Postby Canuun » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:37 pm

Arcand wrote:

The older ones despawn, do they not? I'd swear I've seen (as melee DPS) an infernal disappear so that suddenly my escape route from Shadow Nova became a ton simpler.

They last for ~3 min, iirc.
Canuun

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:11 pm

They do despawn after a set period of time, but I think the spawn rate also increases over time. Maybe it just feels like it.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Sithy » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:35 pm

Spawn rate doubles when phase 3 starts till he dies.
Sithy

Postby Sthallas » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:35 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:They do despawn after a set period of time, but I think the spawn rate also increases over time. Maybe it just feels like it.

I believe the spawn rate is doubled for the 3rd phase (30%-->0).
Sthallas

Postby ulrichter » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:12 pm

concur complete with the idea of a safe spot. Me as main tank has never tanked the prince anywhere else but the far wall. Also I think this is important - Get your back to the wall! so the prince is looking away from your group (to your right). Never had bad luck there. Prince downed 1st time always.
ulrichter

Postby Rokh » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:36 am

Infernals do infact have totaly static spawn points, its a simple grid similar to a tic-tac-toe board.

There are as many safe spots as there are infernals, since the hellfire is round, and the grid is square.

This is the only photo i could get that really shows what i mean
https://publicaffairs.llnl.gov/news/new ... 9x431s.jpg

Notice the spaces inbetween the circles?

Now, its pretty much impossible to find those on the fly, and the shadow knockback means you wont be staying in them..

But along the outside wall there are plenty of spots, and if your raid is mainly ranged DPS i would totaly advise using this one..

(from wow wiki)
http://flavaguild.com/images/karasafe.jpg

and a good shot of it in action...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a60/bm ... sition.jpg

you will never get infernals on top of the raid in these locations, BUT one can drop between the tank and the healers. so ranged dps is huge here (world of rangedcraft seriously)
Rokh

Postby Dapaladin » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:15 am

Aye rokh is indeed correct. I've run kara just as much as the next guy using this spot and NEVER EVER has my group or any of the other 2 groups that do kara weekly in my guild ahve ever had an infernal land to indanger you in these locations.

Now does this prove they have static spawn points? No it doesnt not it simply says these 2 spots will never be touched by an inferal even if there is a large area where 2 numbers are generated for a x,y.
Dapaladin

Postby LordoftheLeftHand » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:55 am

Yes, we've been using that spot that Rokh showed at least 40 times and never seen an infernal (of course I suppose it could always happen next time, but I'm starting to become a believer). Now that being said there is a very tiny spot there where you can stand in LOS of the tank/prince, be far enough away to avoid the shadow nova, and be close enough to the wall to avoid the hellfires that will be surrounding you. But from our experience there is a tiny area that seems to be totally safe.

LLH
LordoftheLeftHand

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:06 am

Apparently my screen shot key got unbound on this computer, damnit.

Did a kara yesterday with an all ranged group; they stood in the doorway, I took up my usual spot 30 yards out. First infernal landed between me and the raid.

We ignored it and killed Prince.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:18 pm

Rokh wrote:Infernals do infact have totaly static spawn points, its a simple grid similar to a tic-tac-toe board.

There are as many safe spots as there are infernals, since the hellfire is round, and the grid is square.

This is the only photo i could get that really shows what i mean
https://publicaffairs.llnl.gov/news/new ... 9x431s.jpg

Notice the spaces inbetween the circles?

Now, its pretty much impossible to find those on the fly, and the shadow knockback means you wont be staying in them..

But along the outside wall there are plenty of spots, and if your raid is mainly ranged DPS i would totaly advise using this one..

(from wow wiki)
http://flavaguild.com/images/karasafe.jpg

and a good shot of it in action...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a60/bm ... sition.jpg

you will never get infernals on top of the raid in these locations, BUT one can drop between the tank and the healers. so ranged dps is huge here (world of rangedcraft seriously)

That "safe spot" pictured was actually one that I was talking about where I've tanked him and, lo and behold, infernal! "Wow, that's never happened before!" was the response to the guy with me that showed me the spot.

"Safe spots," as we are discussing them, are "spots that you will never, ever get hit by an infernal." Obviously, as the infernals land, there will be spots that their hellfire doesn't overlap. But right off the bat, there is nowhere you can stand that can guarantee to be infernal-proof.
Invisusira

Postby Rokh » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:18 pm

I have killed prince almost every week since TBC went live, first on a hunter, then elemental shaman, then holy priest, then my pally tank. Over a year in the same guild tanking in that same spot.. infernals never ever EVER will hit you there.

I have seen an infernals timer run out at the exact second a new infernal fell from the sky and took its exact place.. infernals do have static spawn points, and if you are unable to find the safe cracks in the wall does not mean you should go about spreading false information.
Rokh

Point Moot In 2.4.

Postby Jkol » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:13 pm

In my experience there were safe spots. Thats not to say that there weren't nearby infernal drops, merely that they never centered on those locations and you could get out of the range if you were right in the very tip of the niches, which creates LoS problems.

In any event, doing prince tonight we promptly discovered that 2.4 seems to have corrected any apparent gaps in infernal drops. On all 4 attempts it took us to drop prince we had an infernal drop in what wowwiki would label the 'safe' niche for the raid.
Jkol

PreviousNext

Return to Karazhan