Remove Advertisements

Aran - Didn't drink

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Aran - Didn't drink

Postby Aberdon » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:25 pm

So we're taking a bunch of new people through kara, I'm maintanking the joint as usual.

We brought 3 healers and 6 DPS just because thats who wanted to go...

The newbies were horrible on interrupts... but he didn't drink!

I was like W T F....

I chalked it up to meh, bug.

So we go do Netherspite... Banish phase? Not for him, he was just walking around as if nothing happened. He turned colors, portal disappeared and he was literally chasing people... ROFLMAO

We still dropped him, but I think someone spiked the kara kool-aid.
http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/14258 -- Since Armory is borked.
Aberdon

Postby guillex » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:27 pm

Kara's been kinda buggy lately ... We were sitting near the wall before the spellshades after aran ... lo and behold, nobody moved, no consecrate or anything ... and all /3/ ... ALL THREE packs of shades come and wtfpwn us.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Dorvan » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:51 pm

We had the same bug on Aran last week. Someone set off flame wreath early so we were 7-manning it and DPS was slow...when his mana got low all of the sudden it jumped up slightly ("WTF!? Did Aran just pot?") and we killed him.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Serrot » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:02 pm

Guillex wrote:Kara's been kinda buggy lately ... We were sitting near the wall before the spellshades after aran ... lo and behold, nobody moved, no consecrate or anything ... and all /3/ ... ALL THREE packs of shades come and wtfpwn us.

Heh. The same thing happened to us last week. We were like "WTF! Talk about a huge aggro radius!!". :lol:
Serrot

Postby Aberdon » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:27 pm

Ya, I forgot to mention, another reason dps was so slow.. newbie + flamewreath = darwinism
http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/14258 -- Since Armory is borked.
Aberdon

Postby Ana » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:50 pm

Quick question about Aran's aggro, does he have an aggro table? If perchance I bubbled during the Aran fight would he chase down a healer?
Anathematic / Megalomania / Tohuvabohu / Surrealistic
Ana

Postby Christan » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:55 pm

Chalk another one for the spell shade packs after Aran. We had the exact same thing..although for us it was we had cleared the 1st pack and then as we were sitting down to drink...the other 2 groups came out of nowhere and tore us a new one....so we called it and said that's just a bad sign.

Similarly, on Aran, he didn't polymorph us until he was at like 6% health..we were like wtf...don't know if that was a bug or if it's possible his timer was off...obviously it didn't help him in the long run.. :)
Christan

Postby Everlight » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:03 pm

Ana wrote:Quick question about Aran's aggro, does he have an aggro table? If perchance I bubbled during the Aran fight would he chase down a healer?

His spells are random. His melee attacks are not. But he generally won't melee unless you lock out all his spell schools.
Everlight

Postby Tyaera » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:44 pm

Serrot wrote:
Guillex wrote:Kara's been kinda buggy lately ... We were sitting near the wall before the spellshades after aran ... lo and behold, nobody moved, no consecrate or anything ... and all /3/ ... ALL THREE packs of shades come and wtfpwn us.

Heh. The same thing happened to us last week. We were like "WTF! Talk about a huge aggro radius!!". :lol:

there is a known bug in Kara where sometimes a lone spell shade from the final pack will have a wander down to the very first room and will just be wandering around on his own. If you engage him, all of his buddies from the final pack will aggro too, and will aggro every other spellshade between them and you.
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby Makaijin » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:33 pm

I'm not sure if it was a bug or intended, but I did manage to stop Aran drinking. On Aran I tend to dps in my tank gear so I can tank the elementals as this group have a lack of locks willing to attend.

So on last week's run my SoB backlash broke myself from being sheeped. So instead of dispelling the other's sheep I just continued dps, which actually stopped him from drinking. I think Aran potted as his mana had a sudden 10% jump and he then casts his mass AoE Pyroblast/Fireball early. 30 secs later Aran decided to sheep us all again for another drinking session.

I think next time i do Aran I'll bubble out of his sheep on purpose to disrupt his drinking and see if the same happens again.
Makaijin

Postby Shirak » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:20 pm

You can't bubble out of the sheep...
Tuberon wrote:Tanking *is* crowd control.

You run into a crowd, and proceed to control it.
Shirak

Postby Antharas » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:03 pm

we fought curator one time where he didnt evocate. was like a 9 minute fight cause he agro wiped a few times and killed ppl, but no evocate and no balls lol
Antharas

Postby Zhalseran » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:45 pm

I've never seen Aran flat out not drink, though there have been numerous times where he has been slow in doing so, but I doubt that counts. Netherspite has also been slow on banishing numerous times. The portals disappear and he just keeps going , but he usually banishes part way through the phase and the fight continues as normal. I haven't seen the spellshade bug much lately, only once, but a few months back we got it 3-4 times in a row
Zhalseran

Postby Makaijin » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:17 pm

Shirak wrote:You can't bubble out of the sheep...

Thats good to hear, saves me trying on my next run tomorrow.
Makaijin

Re: Aran - Didn't drink

Postby palouf » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:45 am

Aberdon wrote:So we're taking a bunch of new people through kara, I'm maintanking the joint as usual.

We brought 3 healers and 6 DPS just because thats who wanted to go...

The newbies were horrible on interrupts... but he didn't drink!

I was like W T F....

I chalked it up to meh, bug.

So we go do Netherspite... Banish phase? Not for him, he was just walking around as if nothing happened. He turned colors, portal disappeared and he was literally chasing people... ROFLMAO

We still dropped him, but I think someone spiked the kara kool-aid.

Same thing happened to us yesterday...Just after elementals phase, aran should have drink ( was at 10 % mana ) but nothing happened...He was at 9% HP or less...
palouf

Next

Return to Karazhan