offtanking as crushable a bad move?

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Re: offtanking as crushable a bad move?

Postby Antharas » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:25 pm

Koln wrote:
corvilto wrote:Currently im at 95% avoidance with the badge libram and 11k healt 14k armor and to be honest i cant see many gearupgrades except the ones from raids.(i have been using the gear guide on this site).

On the official forums there is a thread where a tankadin did the research and found the gear to be Uncrushable/Uncritable with 11.5k health unbuffed without setting foot in Kara. And this was before the sweet badge gear.

Having said that, when I started OT Kara in my guild, I had nearly the same stats you have. You should be fine.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 2293&sid=1 is the post ur refering too

i like tanking maiden, its not a hard fight to build initial threat on. just dont judge crusader first. wings, toss shield, judge SoR all before ur even on the platform, then have a hunter MD you and ppl will have trouble passin ur threat
Antharas

Postby NarfJones » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:16 pm

Ulushnar wrote:
palouf wrote:You dont need to be uncrushable until bosses that crush : Prince, Nightbane.

All bosses in Kara crush. It's just NB crushes hard, and Prince crushes fast.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:20 pm

Everything up to Curator is cake, being mostly gear/raid/stupidity/idiocy checks.

After that ... it's still pretty cake, because it's not Vashj or Kael.

But, y'know what I mean. Everything's a check. Keep that in mind.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Re: offtanking as crushable a bad move?

Postby spelltank » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:16 pm

Antharas wrote:
Koln wrote:
corvilto wrote:Currently im at 95% avoidance with the badge libram and 11k healt 14k armor and to be honest i cant see many gearupgrades except the ones from raids.(i have been using the gear guide on this site).

On the official forums there is a thread where a tankadin did the research and found the gear to be Uncrushable/Uncritable with 11.5k health unbuffed without setting foot in Kara. And this was before the sweet badge gear.

Having said that, when I started OT Kara in my guild, I had nearly the same stats you have. You should be fine.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 2293&sid=1 is the post ur refering too

Also note that this post is written before the 2.3 changes to Weapon Expertise, so you'll have around 12.5k+ hits using that guide
spelltank

Previous

Return to Karazhan