Remove Advertisements

offtanking as crushable a bad move?

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

offtanking as crushable a bad move?

Postby corvilto » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:18 am

hi

Im having a hard time getting uncrushable with the normal blue gear from dungeons and questrewards.
The big problem is always sacrificing healt for avoidance..
Currently im at 95% avoidance with the badge libram and 11k healt 14k armor and to be honest i cant see many gearupgrades except the ones from raids.(i have been using the gear guide on this site).

So atm im thinking of just go to kara and try offtank to get some upgrades there altho im not uncrushable. As a sidenote my guild have downed gruul and healers/dps are outgearing kara.
corvilto

Postby palouf » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:39 am

You dont need to be uncrushable until bosses that crush : Prince, Nightbane.
You can MT kara first part, each boss offers a good upgrade piece of your gear so just hope the loot gods are with you :-)
palouf

Postby ulushnar » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:41 am

palouf wrote:You dont need to be uncrushable until bosses that crush : Prince, Nightbane.

All bosses in Kara crush. It's just Prince and NB crush hard.

If you're OTing, then you probably won't be on a boss-level mob (except at Netherspite) so it shouldn't be a problem.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Pizbit » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:17 am

Offtanking kara, only 2 bosses you're going to actually OT on are Attumen and Moroes. May want to MT moroes himself though for extra threat and mana back from the extra damage you take for, well, more threat.
Staying #2 can be trouble some, if they insist of having you OT moroes, see if you can't get one of the adds to beat on you while you do

Grab some agility food, elixir, you'll be close enough for those 2.

Just leave MTing NB, Prince, probably Maiden too(better off cleanse/healing during repentance there anyway, plus it's a shitty fight to tank, I always get the OT to do it.) for when, well you actually have the HP for it not just unrushable :)

ok ok there's netherspite, typing this while watching TV, but meh, not a huge deal with the red beam etc.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby TheHonage » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:39 am

You can mt past curator. With ease. I didat 92% avoidence through ilhoof. Then i got uncrushable and it was easysauce
TheHonage

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:45 am

Am I the only paladin that likes tanking Maiden? >.> Dragging her to the healers every repentance to awke them up was amusing >.>
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Pizbit » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:47 am

Snake-Aes wrote:Am I the only paladin that likes tanking Maiden? >.> Dragging her to the healers every repentance to awke them up was amusing >.>

Masochist.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Big Mushy » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:05 am

Snake-Aes wrote:Am I the only paladin that likes tanking Maiden? >.> Dragging her to the healers every repentance to awke them up was amusing >.>

Just to annoy one of my friends I used to drag her over to him anyway, poor shadow priest had to heal lol
Tankadin-70-Barth
Big Mushy

Postby samoa » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:19 am

LOL i love tanking her, Easy fight i just tell everyone to do light DPS till 90% and that's way more then enough time for you to get enough agro on her and just lay it on her, And yes i always move her to the healers when they forget to go into her consecration before repentance. :twisted:
but yeah just use SOV on her let it stack and just AOE consecrate,HS,SOV repeat and and and down she goes!! :D
samoa

Re: offtanking as crushable a bad move?

Postby Koln » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:45 am

corvilto wrote:Currently im at 95% avoidance with the badge libram and 11k healt 14k armor and to be honest i cant see many gearupgrades except the ones from raids.(i have been using the gear guide on this site).

On the official forums there is a thread where a tankadin did the research and found the gear to be Uncrushable/Uncritable with 11.5k health unbuffed without setting foot in Kara. And this was before the sweet badge gear.

Having said that, when I started OT Kara in my guild, I had nearly the same stats you have. You should be fine.
Koln

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:42 am

Pizbit wrote:

Masochist.

To a certain extent, yes.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby GothicPL » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:34 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:
Pizbit wrote:

Masochist.

To a certain extent, yes.

I find it fun to move bosses around myself. The only problem I have is when trying to move large bosses who have knockback abilities. You have to temporarily open yourself to the knockback, because just moving alongside the wall will simply make the boss turn. I'm thinking big guys like Prince and Nightbane. Any tips for doing this reliably?
GothicPL

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:01 pm

Nightbane I like to reposition him by walking to a direction alongside the wall, he only turns till a certain point, then you move back. A "10 yards left, 5 yards right" step seems to work pretty well to move him 5 yards to the left.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby GothicPL » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:Nightbane I like to reposition him by walking to a direction alongside the wall, he only turns till a certain point, then you move back. A "10 yards left, 5 yards right" step seems to work pretty well to move him 5 yards to the left.

When you are at the end of the "10 yards left" move, aren't you left open to the sideways knockback, since your back at that point is not directly against the wall?
GothicPL

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:14 pm

It's a risk I take. Haven't been an issue in the 4 or 5 times I tanked him. Prince is easier because of shadow nova's cast time, so you can react.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Karazhan