So i MTed kara...

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Unforgetible » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:49 am

Sweet, thanks for letting me know. Btw should i specc retri for the quests (did it for a day while grinding quests in netherstorm)? Killing anything is a pain when being prot heh.
To protect his heart.
To forge his destiny.
One wields a sword.

Unforgetible

Postby palouf » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:09 am

Prot is good for quest where you'll have to kill lot of melee mobs..So keep it for Ogrilla...You'll have only one quest like that and all the others are bombing, trapping and writing :-)
palouf

Postby Unforgetible » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:14 am

Ok ill give those quests a try, thx for helping guys.
To protect his heart.
To forge his destiny.
One wields a sword.

Unforgetible

Postby Rokh » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:52 pm

My guild wouldnt let me tank in kara...

So i made my own pug and we AoE clear kara every week in about 3.5 hours...

And my guilds 2 groups two night kara....

go go gadget tankadin
Rokh

Postby Lazarus » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:26 am

Demon Hunters. All I'm gonna' say ;)
Lazarus

Postby mercure » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:38 am

My guild loves me for kara, I'm normally a healer but I've aquired a fairly good tanking set so I respec on an off night and we clear kara in 2.5 hrs. Only bad thing is I never want to go back to holy :(
mercure

Postby Thanehand » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:26 am

I MT the whole of kara every week. Takes us about 3.5-4 hours to aoe the lot down (depending on AoeCaster / Single Target ratio)

Atunmen = Tank both

Moroes = Tank Moroes + 2, have the dps kill the shadow priest first, while holy something is shackled (have a single melee dps (rogue or dps war) on Moroes the whole time, and make sure they're 2nd on the aggro list. BoSac them for immediate Gouge/Blimd break)

Maiden = Tank n Spank (watch for silences, time it right and you can even dispel the raid while you're at it)

Opera = AOE! (incedentally, if you have 2 priests for the Ushers, have 1 shackled, and the other SpamShackled while you're tanking it, and you shouldn't get IceTombed)

Nightbane = Tank + AOE Tank (Skeletons). Watch for the fears tho, either 2 priests, Shammy, Pvp trinket + bubble etc..)

Curator (duuhhhhh. Play the fun game of "See how much threat you can generate")

Aran = Keep SoL up and control the adds when they spawn

Illhoof = AOE FTW!

Chess = Take King Llane and order everyone around like a good pally should

Netherspite = Tank red beam. The only fight I currently need an OT for. If anyone has a suggestion on how to Single tank this fight?

Prince = Easy Threat Gen, focus on mitigation.

http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=11096 - Start of the skettis dailys

http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=10984 - Start of the BEM dailys
ImageImage
Thanehand

Postby samoa » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:36 am

Opera = AOE! (incedentally, if you have 2 priests for the Ushers, have 1 shackled, and the other SpamShackled while you're tanking it, and you shouldn't get IceTombed)

Yeah i just tank both of them and use FREE ACTION POTION 30sec, So with in that time we take down both Ushers within 30secs.
samoa

Postby Antharas » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:05 am

Thanehand wrote:Netherspite = Tank red beam. The only fight I currently need an OT for. If anyone has a suggestion on how to Single tank this fight?

if u dont mind using an mp pot every phase u could do:

phase 1 red: u
phase2 green: u

phase2 red: 2-3 rogues/hunters w/ a healer healing whoevers tanking the beam.

the rogues can evasion tank for like 30+ secs and be fine, ive seen a hunter beam dance it but it gets sketchy near the end (hence why u have some rogues there for backup).

other bet might be a shaman, preferably w/ a tanking shield
Antharas

Postby guillex » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:08 am

Just take a drood kitty as dps ... and have them shift bear for a phase.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Antharas » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:11 am

Guillex wrote:Just take a drood kitty as dps ... and have them shift bear for a phase.

thats what i do, i was assuming he didnt have one of those tho hehe :-P
Antharas

Postby guillex » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:18 am

Antharas wrote:
Guillex wrote:Just take a drood kitty as dps ... and have them shift bear for a phase.

thats what i do, i was assuming he didnt have one of those tho hehe :-P

I was just puttin' in my 2c, lol.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Khayne » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:57 pm

Unforgetible wrote:Yeah about skettis dailys, is there some sort of preQ for those? Since the quest i can take there are normal quests (not repetable).

So far i didnt do many heroics because i was convinced im not ready for them but i guess there is no other way heh. One more question tho, is the shattar rep shield better than the 33 badge shield? Because i plan on saving by badges for the autoblocker trinket (the one for 41 badges).

Noooo....dont do that please =(

rather use those badges for pretty much any badge item before that trinket, it might be nice for aoe tanking and all, maybe even boss tanking if you really dont got any better trinket (but seeing you´re on edge of uncrittable and crushable just go get dabiris enigma from netherstorm or figurine of the colossus from shattered halls heroic, both help you survive better and saves you badges). get the badge chest, leggings, boots, helm....Anything else, first.

You really dont want to see:

Holy Shield fades.
Latency annoys you with 0,2 seconds.
Prince Crits you for Zomfgwtbbq?
Prince gains Trash.
Prince hits you for enough.
You die.
Raid says: QQ

for instance the badge chest would be 440 armor, 30 stamina (and good socket bonus if you want it), 2 defense, 12 spell damage, and 38 dodge rating over your current chest. Not to mention that chest would be an item that lasts you long so you can safely put good gems in it.

Leggings? 400 more armor, more stamina, small hit in avoidance, huge gain in block value, and great gain in uncrushability from the block rating.
Khayne

Postby Pizbit » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:47 pm

Makaijin wrote:You should also try and get the ogri-la pre quests done so you can open up 4 more daliy quests in blades edge mountains. The pre-q starts from an ogre sitting down asking for help where all the Lower City vendors are in Shatt. The follow up pre-quests will require a full group of 5 to complete. Once done you get 4 more daily quests, and after some rep there is a free flightpath that lets you travel between Skettis and Ogri-la for faster questing.

Also near 100g for the 5 pre-req 5man quests for ogri'la ^_^
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Pizbit » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:48 pm

Khayne wrote:rather use those badges for pretty much any badge item before that trinket, it might be nice for aoe tanking and all, maybe even boss tanking if you really dont got any better trinket (but seeing you´re on edge of uncrittable and crushable just go get dabiris enigma from netherstorm or figurine of the colossus from shattered halls heroic, both help you survive better and saves you badges). get the badge chest, leggings, boots, helm....Anything else, first.

Please please don't send people off to heroics when it drops in normal too! :(
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

PreviousNext

Return to Karazhan