Netherspite first attempt

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby BlackHand » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:23 am

Stay in the red beam a few seconds (2 ticks), move a bit and stay out 2-3 seconds. Just move to the side in a circular trajectory to keep the dragon on the same spot. Untill the banish phase you should get about 25-35 ticks on yourself. Any more and it's risky. Any less and Nethespite will get too much damage reduction. I found 30 on me to be the perfect number. Also by doing that healers can more or less ignore you (I think you're going back to full health when you're taking the beam again). So one tank/portal phase is enough.

I also took the green beam when I had nether exhaustion for the red and I managed to pick him up after banish just fine.
BlackHand

Postby mazater » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:22 am

BlackHand wrote:Stay in the red beam a few seconds (2 ticks), move a bit and stay out 2-3 seconds. Just move to the side in a circular trajectory to keep the dragon on the same spot. Untill the banish phase you should get about 25-35 ticks on yourself. Any more and it's risky. Any less and Nethespite will get too much damage reduction. I found 30 on me to be the perfect number. Also by doing that healers can more or less ignore you (I think you're going back to full health when you're taking the beam again). So one tank/portal phase is enough.

So, If I got this right...then, when you go out of the Red beam, Netherspite will aggro normally(Person with highest threat) and start to pewpew him, isn't that sorta bad?

And netherspite will also get the 1% damage reduction/tick buff when you're stepping out of the beam.

I can't see this thing as useful or anything...but meh, I guess that's just me.
:roll:
mazater

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:25 am

He still aggroes you because you still have the debuff on you.

Yes, he does get some damage reduction from when you're out of the beam, but it's never been an issue for me.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Vanifae » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:36 am

The 1% damage reduction buff is nothing, ignore it, Beam dancing is the best way to handle this fight.

You stand in the beam long enough to get your HP to 100% then step out again, and you can stand out for awhile just long enough to not lose the debuff, and then back in.

I get to the point now that I end the Portal phase with more then 30K health.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby samoa » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:28 am

Holyhomer wrote:We usually have two tanks just because those are the classes we can field (warrior and pally (me!)). I beam dance in and out of the red beam and he soaks the green beam. After the first banish, I hop in the green beam and he hops into the red beam and beam dances.

Sucks being without mana, but since the warrior is there, I just make him do what he can to Netherspite during the banish phase so some clothie that was dpsing doesn't get wrecked before i can hop in the red beam.

Yeah but you can use any non mana users rogues,warriors,hunters pet can even tank the green beam just park on it. :D
samoa

Postby Holyhomer » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:57 pm

samoa wrote:
Yeah but you can use any non mana users rogues,warriors,hunters pet can even tank the green beam just park on it. :D

Yeah we usually don't roll with any rogues, and the only other warrior is swapping with me.

I didn't know about the hunter pet thing, but I'm not sure if I could rely on them getting their pets there :roll: as much as I can rely on myself nabbing it.
Holyhomer

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:33 pm

Healers like to get in to get a couple ticks, too. Warrior and Druid tanks can take both beams fully, dancing the red and eating the green. The Exhaustion debuffs are color-specific.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby grymwulf » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:20 am

Yeah Netherspite is my pain in the ass - getting everyone on board with the strategy is tough. Especially when we normally run with a MT Warrior who doesn't listen to me when I tell him that even beam dancing, he's going to have the debuf for the 2nd set of beams.

*grrr stuborn peeps *
grymwulf

Postby Galoheart » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:08 pm

A few questions on Netherspite.

1. Does Nether Exhaustion debuff eventually affect the Tank holding the Red Beam on Netherspite when he goes into the Banish Phase for 30-45seconds?

2. If the Tank does get Nether Exhaustion from the previous phase do you then have to rotate Red Beam Tank on the next Portal Phase since one would be affected by Nether Exhaustion?

3. How does this works effectively if you only have one Tank for the Red Beam for the whole fight?
http://ardentdefender.blogspot.com/ - My WoW Blog.
"One day my time will come. Until then I continue to prepare myself".
Galoheart

Postby Bludusk » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:14 pm

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) Have your DPS warrior toss on a shield and tank the next portal phase, or have a rogue Evasion tank, or a feral Druid go Bear.
Bludusk

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:41 am

Anything with mail/shield and more than 7k hp can tank the red beam if they do the dance.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby 2ndNin » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:30 am

Uncrittable tank classes can hold the beam safely for (31+(int)(health-10000)) ticks (so about 39 ticks for a 18K tank) assuming about 15-16K armour. You don't need a healer for this as your health is set to full each tick in the beam (so you can stay in for the 39 or so ticks).

After this any class can take it for 5 ticks (crits of 26K on cloth can be done, so a leather / mail user can easily take the remaining 11 ticks).

You should never have to beam dance with a reasonable geared tank and ot.

Green beam let some melee (druid in bear, warrior, rogue pref) take it, though anyone can if necessary for the full 50 ticks.

Blue beam prefer a lock / spriest (+healer standing near to heal), though any dps classes will work (stick to 25 ticks each and have a healer stand with them to keep them up).
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:39 am

It's simpler to dance the red beam so you only need 2 people to do it. Once our second beam tank for red dumbed it out and died, and 2 clothies assumed, both dancing for half the beam phase each. I'd always rather do it this way because it gives me more space to maneuver and change people around.

Red Beam is one of the reasons I'd always tell hunters to get Deterrence instead of 1/5 Survivalist on their way down into improved traps in survival(That actually helps a ton against bloodboil too O.O)
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Pizbit » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:04 am

I'll post a little tip on the red beam, get close to netherspite without risking letting the beam touch him instead of you(ie don't go in front of the beam, duh). Then when you dance in/out he wont move to follow you. Instead he'll just pivot.

The window you have to do this is pretty large, just be aware if you're at the edge of his hit box and move a littttle to far on beam dancing you may move him and risk having the green beam move off its 'tank' and on to him.

An advantage to this is if you're real close and a spot opens under you, running back may not move him at all, while staying in line of the red beam. Preventing the above issue.

Also if ya haven't read. The beams ALWAYS start in the same place, looking in from the door:

Red: Right
Green: Left
Blue: Far by the windows side.

Got plenty of time after each banish phase to spot the beams again. Call out of vent "same spots" etc.

Highest tips: Don't let DPS start until 3-5 seconds after banish ends.
Stress to everyone that finding their beam > anything else they'd be doing.

On beam dancing, I play it by ear, but sorta like, 2-3 weapon swings in, 2-3 out, repeat.

Playing the green beam as a pally is doable, personally I go for the green beam at very close netherspite at each phase, just in case the designated 'tank' for it doesn't get in position in time -- they can just slide in behind me and take it and I can go forward to let them melee.

I have held entire phases in green, sucks going OOM but better than green hitting netherspite!!!!!! Besides, the other tank just ends up holding netherspite during banish, the moment red comes out again for me I pick it up and instant aggro :)
You don't need mana to tank netherspite.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby 2ndNin » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:21 am

Snake, as I said a clothie cannot tank with less than 26K health on this fight (5 ticks of the red, with assuming 8k health would be 13 ticks). Any uncrittable tank can take (easily) 31+(health-12K) ticks. There is no reason to dance when you can put anyone in the beam at all for the 2nd half after a tank and never worry about them, and it means the dps is never reduced at all. Your 2nd tank dying is always an issue, but you can 3 swap then between plate / mail / leather classes for a similar effect (likely keeping at least 20K health to ensure no deaths).

Sure beam dancing means you get that good feeling of holding it for the whole time, but I regularly hold for 50 ticks (yes I only have 1 / 1 hit at the end of that :D) when the OT forgets to move in or is dead, but it can be done. Its just much simpler to hold for ~39 ticks, then let anyone take over the beam without fearing for them dying at all.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

PreviousNext

Return to Karazhan