Remove Advertisements

Weird happenings at Aran

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Weird happenings at Aran

Postby Ubung » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:55 am

Was in Kara the other night and in healing gear for Aran. Now we got unlucky (or badly timed...whatever :)) and got the sheep at the same time as the elementals. Nightmare moment so I decided to bubble out of the sheep before the pyro and get to healing.

I didnt get hit at first but then something weird happened. I mustve been bubbled for a good 5 secs after the pyro before DI wore off. As soon as it did I got pewpewed by the pyro and one shotted. Is DI supposed to work on this?

Thanks
nerf scissors, buff paper, rock is fine!

Ubung

Postby Worldie » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:43 am

Pyros take some time to get to the person. If you were far from the boss it seembs normal.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby rodos » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:40 pm

It also seems to me that the pyro doesn't always come directly at you. Aran lets out about 4 large fireballs that bounce around to different raid members. I might be crazy, but that's how it looked last time I fought him.
rodos

Postby Everlight » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:55 pm

The pyro always flies right at you, but it moves quite slowly so if you're running around it can take a curved path.
Everlight

Postby palouf » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:42 am

We got another weird thing at aran last time.

As i'm MT and aran is not supposed to do any aggro management, i've tossed my healing gear to help healing.
Everybody was in deed targeted randomly...We wiped coz the healers couldnt cope with healing everybody after 40%, the elementals were a pain.

For second try i did tanked him with my 16hp buffed and the guy seemed to be really interested at me...He was mainly targeting me ...I said it was luck..we got wiped because someone moved from firewrath..happens...

For third try, the same happened, the healers where happy because he was mainly targeting me with the spells that wasnt interrupted even after the 4 elemental spawn. I've taken 2 of them and the warlock banished one and feared one...dps continues on him..and he's dead...

Did he target the one with most HP more than the others... ? I'm not sure but this is what happened.
palouf

Postby Joolnoret » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:01 pm

palouf wrote:Did he target the one with most HP more than the others... ? I'm not sure but this is what happened.

Aran has no threat table. It is all random.

Edit for already said info.
Joolnoret

Postby Shadraak » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:19 pm

well everytime i've ran him with a horrible group and a good group, neither could get past shade, we all die always on the elementals and it works out about the same time, we're sheeped when the elementals come out and boom they kill us instantly not all but usually the key players....

random, YES
too much AI , i think so :P

ps i've never seen him downed i've seen almost everythign else go but him it's strange thinking i just need a group with some locks in it for a change and better dps than hunters dont know though.
Shadraak

Postby Talaii » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:28 pm

Shadraak wrote:well everytime i've ran him with a horrible group and a good group, neither could get past shade, we all die always on the elementals and it works out about the same time, we're sheeped when the elementals come out and boom they kill us instantly not all but usually the key players....

random, YES
too much AI , i think so :P

ps i've never seen him downed i've seen almost everythign else go but him it's strange thinking i just need a group with some locks in it for a change and better dps than hunters dont know though.

You can predict when the elementals come - they are reliably summoned as soon as he hits 40% health. When he's at about 45% health, check his mana - if it's below the level of his hp, hold dps and stay alive, eat the pyro and heal up, then do the elementals. If you've got enough dps, you shouldn't need to bother - but getting both at once will wipe almost anyone.
Talaii

Postby Sithy » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:14 am

Joolnoret wrote:Aran has no threat table. It is all random.

He does indeed have a threat list, just he will ignore said threat list for almost all the fight.

You can observe this threat list if he gets locked out of all schools temporarily (late ES or kick generally). If there is a ranged class with a huge threat lead he will attempt to go melee that person by the time he gets there he is usually ready for another spell cast. If its a melee person than you wont notice his melee hits that often but he hits pretty hard for a old mage. If if the person with "aggro" can VD/vanish/invis or whatever then he can be kept in the center and stop being all squirrelly.

That said if interrupts are spot on and don't lock out all his schools you wont even notice he has a threat list... I'm just lucky enough to have been running kara since forever....
Sithy

Postby Catriona » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:03 pm

If you DPS him down fast enough he won't have time to blow all his mana, so you'll never get sheeped. My old guild had trouble with that before we finally just decided to go balls-out DPS on him, and it worked perfectly and has every time since.

OT: Sithy, is your signature pic an actual picture somewhere? It's very pretty and I'd love to see the whole thing if so.
Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Catriona

Return to Karazhan