Pulling bosses in raids

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Pulling bosses in raids

Postby Big Mushy » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:35 pm

I know I just made a post int he 5 man forum about some mobs that I'm having trouble with, but I'm also wondering about pulling some of the bosses in Kara, The other night when I went in there I had the worst luck on the prince (only tanked him once before that night) and I wasn't sure on the full path he takes or the max range I can pull from, but here was my problem, he aggroed to me well out of range and normally when I pull a boss (even if I've already aggroed) I normally hit him with AS, and if its a demon Exorcism as I'm moving him into place, but I had a small problem...

"Entering combat"
"Avenger shield missed!"
"Moving into right spot"
"Exorcism resisted"
"Healed for 1k"
"Healer gains aggro"
"DPS started to pull him away from the healer"
"Judge/reseal/exorcism"
"Consecrate"
"Hello full aggro again"

But that pull was just the worst one I've ever seen so my question is, when the bosses aggro radius is bigger then our 30 yrd spell (which is most bosses I think) how do you guys and gals pull? Should I invest in the decapitator just for pulls because of its use range? (40yrds or something)

:edit: Normally if there is a hunter I would have him MD onto me, but sadly there was none"
Tankadin-70-Barth
Big Mushy

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:52 pm

I tank prince 30 yards straight out from the door; at the end of his path he walks straight towards that position, but won't aggro if your back is up against the wall. I'll move forward and try to AS him, but usually he aggros and I have to exorcise, but if that gets resisted I've already backed up to the wall and dropped a consecration, so that's already started ticking on him.

Your DPS needs to learn to not be stupid and give you at least two seconds to start building aggro.

Ideally you shouldn't have to move more than 10 yards from where you're trying to pull him to be in position for the rest of the fight.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Bryne » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:29 pm

Judgement of Blood can't be resisted. Use that to your advantage.
Bryne

Return to Karazhan