REALLY solo tanking kara

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby NarfJones » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:24 pm

Averroes wrote:The skeleton guards on the way to opera that freezes you.

If you have a priest Shackle one and kill them one at a time and fast enough that they don't get the cast off. If you don't have a priest then there really is no easy way.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Khayne » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:22 pm

Senamin wrote:
Caelia wrote:
Averroes wrote:Midnight?

yes.

Averroes wrote:Moroes?

yes, blessing of sac 2nd highest on moroes, a warlock with a high HP pool works.

Averroes wrote:The skeleton guards on the way to opera that freezes you.

possibly....wouldnt be pretty.

Averroes wrote:Romulo & Juliet?

Yes, need people to kick and dispell/purge them/

I am going to be solo tanking Kara for the first time tonight. The one problem i had in my head was moroes. So bascially all i have to do is Blessing of Sacrifice the 2nd on aggro? How exactly does that work if i am stunned?

one way of doing it is to BoSanc the first person to get garroted. ofc if you are lucky the garrote lands on yourself, essentially making you get out of the gouges faster than he can reach your ranged (your melee has to stay behind attleast one ranged person in threat.). This way moroes gouges you, starts running towards the highest threat ranged, garroted players BoSac damages you and breaks gouge, moroes comes back. I´m not entirely sure if you needed to do threat again before he changes target, but simply exorcise or even refresh your seal and it´ll "update" your threat making him come back attleast.
Khayne

Re: REALLY solo tanking kara

Postby Blutreich » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:12 pm

Omidin wrote:I've been solo tanking kara for a few months now, always with a fury warrior/feral druid for the mana shield mob before curator and the magic immune mobs after him.

I was wondering if it was at all possible not to bring a warrior/fuzzball at all, and tank them myself somehow?

arcane resist
i do it solo and usually have a better survival rate then me tanking the worms while a warr tanks the blueberry
Going to spend my cab money on more shots and just take the ambulance home
Blutreich

Postby samoa » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:00 pm

Yeah I start tanking kara solo now i have a MS war just incase but never used him yet as an OT, I love it when ppl ask me who's the OT and i reply back don't need one and they start freaking out. LoL, Till i do the fights and they are So amazed @ how a tankadin can do solo tanking on mostly all mobs and bosses :D.
samoa

Postby Jobah » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:44 pm

Ive been solo tanking kara for about 2 months now, its super super easy. We own the trash, its ridiculous since theyre all demons. We bring 2 warlocks and spam SoC the entire run, its awesome. The only mobs u need an OT are the skeles on the way to opera (the ones that freeze) and the robot things on the way to curator. You can double tank those 2 robot guys, i just use an offtank in case i get the debuff and start exploding so the melee can run to the other guy being offtanked.

As for bosses...

I tank moroes and all his adds. I put a warrior or druid 2nd in threat on moroes and usually let them have one of the prot adds to help them generate rage. I build their threat for them, just tell them to taunt the add off me.

Midnight - once you get geared you're gonna have to double tank... or else you run out of mana cuz he doesnt hit hard at all. Hes a joke for a boss.

R&J, yeah i solo tank that one.
Wiz of Oz - yup, i solo tank that one

Netherspite - yeah that fights a joke when it comes to tanking. All you need is high hp and high armor to tank in the red beam. If you know how to dance in and out of the beam, you're fine, regardless of your tanking gear.

L33t tankadin is the way to go for kara. Chain aoe pulls + soc + chain lightning = 3 hour clear. Its awesome, especially for badge runs.
Jobah

Previous

Return to Karazhan