Remove Advertisements

2 Heal Kara

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

2 Heal Kara

Postby Khepera » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:24 pm

Ok, Not exactly a Tanking question. But,
Is there any resources I can point my guild too, so they can see Kara can be done with two healers? Most of our people are in full Kara gear minus a few key pieces.
We have been running two groups for about 4 weeks now, but keep running into problems with having 3 healers for each group. Because of that we are going back down to 1 group.

To be honest there are a few scrubs, in our DPS but all of our healers are oustanding. and our Tanks are geared to almost full potential

Any help with any resource would be helpful, just so i can help boost my over careful guild's conifidence

-Thanks,
Khep

:D
Khepera

Postby Kitria » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:45 pm

Have your guild try to 2-heal it. If most everyone is experienced and has most of their gear already from there it shouldn't be too much of a problem. If you hold off running a second group for a day you'll still have the option of switching in a 3rd healer if it gets too rough.
Kitria

Postby Talaii » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:49 pm

As long as your healers are kara geared with gems + enchants (1500-1600 +heal); 2-healering Kara is reasonably easy. You should just go ahead and try it - you may need to get an offspec to heal/get a third healer for prince and nightbane, but the rest is quite easy; and it's amazing how much faster that one extra dps makes the run.

Oh, and a third healer for Aran can help too, especially if you don't have many interrupts; but if you're a tanking pally you can always cover that yourself.
Talaii

Postby Worldie » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:32 am

2 healing Kara is pretty much easy with 2 healers that are Karazhan-geared.

I'd strongly suggest having a shadow priest for mana refreshing for them. Even 2.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby mazater » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:06 am

Karazhan with 1 healer:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 4129&sid=1
Possible with 2 healers too, I suppose
mazater

Postby Aberdon » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:55 am

We only bring 2 healers to kara?

Holy/Disc Priest
Resto Shaman
http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/14258 -- Since Armory is borked.
Aberdon

Postby ulushnar » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:57 am

I normally solo-tank it with two healers these days. Bosses die quick with seven DPS on them.

Last weekend, a Priest friend of mine solo-healed it with me as solo-tank. we wiped a few times, but it was fun. Only Netherspite proved to be a pain.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Boudi » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:02 am

i think a combo of a resto druid + a resto shaman is going to be awsome.
Tanked: KZ(nightbane left), Nalorakk
Boudi

Postby gworroll » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:40 am

Couple fights my undergeared guild did with two healers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrF9dl3RR8I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx605p7mjqo&feature=user

You'll notice a couple things. One, we have two shackles on Moroes. Shadow Priests FTW. Helps extend mana longevity when you have limited healing, and they can put out substanital DPS on top of that.

Other thing you should notice, because of my slow pickup, Big Bad Wolf instantly killed our holy priest. Oh, and then she was the first red riding hood and died again. We still pulled through with just one healer.
gworroll

Postby Zeels » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:10 pm

My small guild recently cleared Kara. We use two healer who don't have any raid experience before.

We downed Nightbane on 3rd attempt and prince on 4th maybe (a little unlucky). We oneshotted curator and a lot of other bosses.

My point being, ppls who haven't run kara, don't have the gear but are skilled players can easily duo heal kara.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby Erutaron » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:23 pm

I have always believed that SKILL > GEAR. Two good healers will be able to duo heal all of Kara with ease.

Having a class that can toss a heal in a pinch, S. Priest, Feral/Ommkin Druid, Enhance/Elemental Shaman also helps a great deal if they know when to toss that clutch heal.

The S.Priest also help immensly as it will keep the 2 healers in mana that much longer, while doing substantial DPS.
Erutaron

Postby rodos » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:39 pm

The guild group I run Kara with has always taken only 2 main healers (priests). Since I usually OT, I heal for Maiden, Aran, and Prince (+1200 heal, 100mp5, 10k mana, but I didn't have that when I started). Sometimes we have a non-resto shaman off-healing instead, sometimes not. We're a very casual all-ages mix, some with pre-BC raid experience, some not.

In other words, any group with reasonable skill should be able to 2-heal Kara with a little bit of practice.
rodos

Postby GothicPL » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:38 pm

Talaii wrote:Oh, and a third healer for Aran can help too, especially if you don't have many interrupts; but if you're a tanking pally you can always cover that yourself.

I MT'ed Kara for the first time last week with two healers (resto druid and shaman), it was very nice with an extra DPS slot. Regarding Shade fight, I actually find myself more useful in prot gear. What I do is:
1. Keep Seal of Light up on Shade. This really helps melee heavy DPS groups, especially when they have to auto attack during Flame Wreath.
2. Cleanse Slow off as many ppl as possible during Arcane Blast.
3. [most important] Pick up as many elementals as I can when they spawn, as this is what caused some of my attempts to wipe. Judge, AS, consecrate, stun, do whatever I can to as many of them as possible. This really helps to get the kill.
GothicPL

Postby Dinedan » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:20 pm

Agree with previous posters ..

We Single Tank/Duo Heal through Aran. Everything dies VERY fast wtih 7 DPS. The fury warrior helps with the Ushers and Moroes.
Dinedan

Postby Antharas » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:32 pm

we take two healers, 1600 healing pally (up to 1950 now tho) and 1600 healing shaman.

almost never have a shadow priest, and we have never had mp problems. the shaman rests every now and then, but i dont think the pally uses a single water and i know he doesnt use any mp pots. its pretty easy to 2 heal kara if you have 1500+ healing on each healer
Antharas

Return to Karazhan