Remove Advertisements

Curator problems - Is it my fault?

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Curator problems - Is it my fault?

Postby Lysdexic » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:08 pm

Ok, so my group just called it after we whiped on Curator twice. The first time we got him to 3% and the second was 1%. I was doing perfectly fine throughout the fight, except I get totally rocked when he starts doing his Berserker thing at ~10%. Since it was my first time tanking a raid ever, I was whispering a friend whenever we downed a boss or whatever, so I told him that we keep whiping on Curator and he tells me that there is no reason that our group should even let him go Berserk and that the DPS needs to take it up a notch. I just assumed that my gear wasn't good enough.

Ok, so the question, is it my fault? Do I just need some better gear? I was able to tank Moroes and Maiden without a problem, and R+J took us two shots.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Dyslexic

Thanks.
Lysdexic

Postby Everlight » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:15 pm

Did he berserk or enrage?

He has an Enrage that goes off when he hits 15% health. He starts inflicting Arcane damage with his fists and hurts a fair bit. This is normal.

He has a Berserk that goes off if you let him live too long. This will wipe you.

Which one was it?
Everlight

Postby Pizbit » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:17 pm

During the bulk of the fight curator hits for so little that I often just stop using holy shield so I can get some mana back. Apart from switching all gems to +12(can understand why you might not want to do that for all gear). Can do 12 stam to wrist, possible green fortress bracers.
But honestly you look fine for him(assuming uncrushable), I'd lean towards DPS/healer issues.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Lysdexic » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:27 pm

Oh yea, it was definitely the Enrage at about 15% health. Mana really was never a problem, judging Mana on him didn't let me go past ~30%. I was just spamming Holy Shield, Judging Righteousness, and Consecrating once in a while. That kept me a good 30-35% threat above the lock who had the second most threat. I'm definitely working on the Green Fortress bracers, so that should be no problem soon enough. I'll be sure to make +12 stam gems whenever I grab a Star of Elune, I suppose that would help a bit - I was going to wait until I get my hands on some epic pieces until I starting dropping blue gems into 'em.

Thanks for the quick responses.
Lysdexic

Postby Zeels » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:29 pm

I wouldn't say you are undergeared, but you are not overgeared, something in between perhaps. The gear of the tank is really important to the raid as a whole. That being said, I think you should run some heroics besides kara, to get more badges faster and get some of those great badge tanking pieces.

Also as a tank, be serious, buy all freakin consumables you need, fortifcation flasks á 50g a piece, pots, stam food everything. Get +12 gems and the best enchants for your current gear. I easily toss 100g on consumables for one night in kara.
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby gworroll » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:19 am

Zeels wrote:I wouldn't say you are undergeared, but you are not overgeared, something in between perhaps. The gear of the tank is really important to the raid as a whole. That being said, I think you should run some heroics besides kara, to get more badges faster and get some of those great badge tanking pieces.

Also as a tank, be serious, buy all freakin consumables you need, fortifcation flasks á 50g a piece, pots, stam food everything. Get +12 gems and the best enchants for your current gear. I easily toss 100g on consumables for one night in kara.

I spend around that much, adding in the repair bot expenses as well. I've also become fond of dropping smoke grenades to designate positioning.

I don't want to know how much gold I've got in enchants on my gear. It's a lot. The only skimping on that front for my current raid tank gear is clefthid rather than nethercleft, and as it is i've got nethercleft in my bank for my next tank leg upgrade.
gworroll

Postby mazater » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:24 am

As we all know, curator is a gearcheck.
I'd say that you wouldn't pass that "check", however if you got good healers(badge/T4 or better) it should be doable in your current gear but if your healers are standing at full blue gear like you (no offence here) I'd say you can't tank it.

When he enrages, seal and judgement of light + cooldownspam(trinkets) health pots, LoH, anything you can get to make yourself last that 20sec longer allowing your DPS'ers to burn him down.
mazater

Postby Holyfuri » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:36 am

When he enrages at low health first thing is to make absolutely sure that all flares are dead. If there's a flare up it will start killing people and if it heads to you while you are tanking curator it's way too much damage when you first tank him.

As SOON as that flare is down in an enrage ALL heals need to be on you, call it out in vent and make sure they do it fast. Order all dps to stay in and burst him down and blow their CD's then, not before.

If you do that you should be fine.
Holyfuri

Return to Karazhan