Speeding up runs

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Aberdon » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:47 am

Lore wrote:Kara is a 10-man? Man, that would have been good to know a year ago when we were wiping on Attumen...

(typo, my bad ;))

I died a little when I saw your armory says "Ret" :(

Kahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhn! /kirk off
http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/14258 -- Since Armory is borked.
Aberdon

Postby jere » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:50 am

I noticed one or two comments about skipping the area after the opera and on the way to nightbane/curator.

I personally disagree with this. The amount of time you save is on the order of maybe 1-2 mins (on our trial, it took about the same amount of time for our group minus one dps'er to get there as it did the dps'er running out and around), and the gains are well worth losing those 1-2 minutes. I realize the idea is to speed up the run overall, but also consider the tradeoffs. Those mobs inbetween (the philantropists) drop a hefty amount of gold, so I wouldn't bother running out and around to save one or two minutes if you can earn around 10g per person for the time.
jere

Postby Vanifae » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:51 am

Speed up loot distribution, we use Masterlooter and continue pulling while we decided what to give out.

I tend to chain pull, as your gear improves chain pulling is the way to go.

Minimize deaths, this is a big one.

Explain any fights on the way to the boss, not at the boss, and really if you are trying speed is up people should know the fight already and not need real explanation.

Chain pull.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby rodos » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:24 pm

Great tips folks. This weekend we managed to rip through Moroes, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Chess and Prince in about 3.5 hours. We did a bit more AoE than usual, and it worked quite well (generates some serious repair bills though).

On the second day we came back and did Attumen and Maiden for the badges (and because I want Shard of the Virtuous for my healing set, and our hunter still hasn't seen Attumen's crossbow drop). Then we decided to save time explaining the Netherspite strat and fly over to ZA for the bear boss instead. Took him down after a few tries, but only one badge and 1 epic is a let down. Gotta get that timed run worked out.

Next weekend the bear is away, so I get to MT with a warrior OT. There will be lots of AoE, but I'm not used to pulling so the run will probably end up a bit slow.
rodos

Previous

Return to Karazhan